Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks - Any Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Will any of these work with a Leitner Rack installed?
Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Just got my power tank mounted up. I rotated the mount 90 degrees so the gauges are up when tipped back and mounted to the bed side rack. There were two mount holes that lined up with the small builtright slots so used 1/4 carriage bolts to secure it mount. With the tank boot touching the floor it feels pretty solid. Will take it on a short ride later today over some washboard and find out :)

2CDDD9A5-0A03-44E0-B6CF-D0D1304D6E2F.jpeg
7B6EAE36-732D-46DE-8276-7E9A7DB52815.jpeg
3B54A452-5371-40FF-89F3-F9307DC9D853.jpeg
E6F48C2E-F435-4F5D-A92A-9B6E67D81C2B.jpeg
98CC9910-B808-4F33-8104-3F90F50CA5EE.jpeg
A3F2E75C-AF28-40C7-A21E-82D7EF766940.jpeg

JerForce

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am interested in this. What’s the pricing and how would I order?

EDIT: found the site.

Last edited:

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@BuiltRight , I was looking at adding these instead of a rail system in the bed of the truck. I noticed on your site it says I must have either the mopar rail system or your rail system. Call me silly, but, I’m unclear why one mounting system would require another just to mount the first. My question is whether the mounting holes on the top of the panel are the same spacing front to back as the trail rail mounting holes so that one could mount the panels using m6-1.0 bolts that thread into the pre-existing threaded holes where the mount tabs bend towards the wall of the truck. Hope that makes sense...
I wish I had found this thread last year when you started it to make that suggestion during mock-up. I Guess I was hoping you had already thought of that. In the beginning of this thread you had stated you were going to make it usable with or without the rail system and I’d hate to have to add a rail system just to have this.
They look to be a great product and would look better than what I would hash up so I’m hoping we can find a way to make it work without having to spends hundreds more for a systems to mount it to.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@BuiltRight , I was looking at adding these instead of a rail system in the bed of the truck. I noticed on your site it says I must have either the mopar rail system or your rail system. Call me silly, but, I’m unclear why one mounting system would require another just to mount the first. My question is whether the mounting holes on the top of the panel are the same spacing front to back as the trail rail mounting holes so that one could mount the panels using m6-1.0 bolts that thread into the pre-existing threaded holes where the mount tabs bend towards the wall of the truck. Hope that makes sense...
I wish I had found this thread last year when you started it to make that suggestion during mock-up. I Guess I was hoping you had already thought of that. In the beginning of this thread you had stated you were going to make it usable with or without the rail system and I’d hate to have to add a rail system just to have this.
They look to be a great product and would look better than what I would hash up so I’m hoping we can find a way to make it work without having to spends hundreds more for a systems to mount it to.
The rail gives you freedom to move the panels around. Multiple things can be mounted to the rail simultaneously. If these racks used up the rail holes, you'd only get the racks, nothing else like a bike rack, kayak rack ect could be used as well.

I'm guessing @BuiltRight also figured many would already have the rails. The ratio of people that have/want rails to those that want just a rack are high. So he designed for the masses. That's just my hunch, you'll have to get an answer from Matt himself.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The rail gives you freedom to move the panels around. Multiple things can be mounted to the rail simultaneously. If these racks used up the rail holes, you'd only get the racks, nothing else like a bike rack, kayak rack ect could be used as well.

I'm guessing @BuiltRight also figured many would already have the rails. The ratio of people that have/want rails to those that want just a rack are high. So he designed for the masses. That's just my hunch, you'll have to get an answer from Matt himself.
I understand that in a way. If I needed a kayak or bike rack so I had the rails anyway this would just be another add on or use for the rails. But I don’t need those things. Don’t really need these bed panels either but think they would be great to have and make an easy way to strap or bungee smaller things to the sides of the bed floor. (Tackle box or rods for a fishing trip, tool box for a side job, box of recovery gear when going on an off-roading trip... stuff I can’t or wouldn’t want to put in the back seat but don’t want sliding all over the bed) as it is I only have the four tie downs in the bed of the truck. I thought of mocking up some rails using unistrut I have left over from other projects and found that I have three pieces that would work for the sides and front but that puts those attachment points up high. I want something that will allow me to secure stuff to the floor without running a strap all the way across the bed.
I know he originally said he was going to make it work with or without the rails and one of the first mock up pics he showed was without a rail system. So.... having done CNC work before (albeit a 3D wood lathe system in a cabinet shop) if he wrote a program to cut the original mock up and still has the program... what’s the chances of him cutting one of those for the few of us that don’t have, need, or want the trail rails? Maybe I’ll just get the two rear ones and the front panel and fab up my own mount for it using the prethreaded holes that are in the bed or use the unistrut and figure out a way to mount them to that.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I understand that in a way. If I needed a kayak or bike rack so I had the rails anyway this would just be another add on or use for the rails. But I don’t need those things. Don’t really need these bed panels either but think they would be great to have and make an easy way to strap or bungee smaller things to the sides of the bed floor. (Tackle box or rods for a fishing trip, tool box for a side job, box of recovery gear when going on an off-roading trip... stuff I can’t or wouldn’t want to put in the back seat but don’t want sliding all over the bed) as it is I only have the four tie downs in the bed of the truck. I thought of mocking up some rails using unistrut I have left over from other projects and found that I have three pieces that would work for the sides and front but that puts those attachment points up high. I want something that will allow me to secure stuff to the floor without running a strap all the way across the bed.
I know he originally said he was going to make it work with or without the rails and one of the first mock up pics he showed was without a rail system. So.... having done CNC work before (albeit a 3D wood lathe system in a cabinet shop) if he wrote a program to cut the original mock up and still has the program... what’s the chances of him cutting one of those for the few of us that don’t have, need, or want the trail rails? Maybe I’ll just get the two rear ones and the front panel and fab up my own mount for it using the prethreaded holes that are in the bed or use the unistrut and figure out a way to mount them to that.
BuiltRight's rail system is awesome, professional, done, no fabbing needed, but if you want to save some money I believe @Red Hot Sloth has a thread where he made his own, do a search for threads made by him.

Before BuiltRight had their rails, I made my own out of wood. Least expensive way by far.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
BuiltRight's rail system is awesome, professional, done, no fabbing needed, but if you want to save some money I believe @Red Hot Sloth has a thread where he made his own, do a search for threads made by him.

Before BuiltRight had their rails, I made my own out of wood. Least expensive way by far.
I think his post is the one I saw that made me dig the unistrut out of the pile and measure it.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Built Right is an engineering dude. If there was a transition from bedside to rail side from the preliminary options, my guess is he knows what kind of stuff is going to get attached to his panels and found a weak point. I also don’t have the trail rail system and would like a couple of these panels, but I still wonder if there is reasoning for not doing it.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I measured the bed today and from where the rail mounting holes are, the wall of the bed steps inward 1&1/2” to where it meets the floor. Maybe going from where the panel sits with the spacer between it and the bottom of the bed wall to where the holes are creates too much of a gap (2”?) creating a weak point in that 2” z-bracket of sorts?
Waiting to hear from him, but looking like I may have to paint that 1&1/2” unistrut I have and make some rails to mount the panels to.

Sponsored

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Any chance for a new code on the
tech_panel_kit_large_3.jpg

$90.00
Qty
BuiltRight Industries Velcro Tech Panel - 6pc+ Kit

rubi14

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-7 Laredo, 1982 CJ-7 "The Texan", 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
shop owner
List of Interested JT Owners:

1. BuiltRight
2. Stoney15
3. 2020 SCRAMBLER
4. TheITGuy
5. G8R
6. Pion
2. steffen707
8. JeepDreams
9. Mjolnir
10. quetscoatl
11. ScaleRCCrawler
12. Cproch32
13. Gtlamans
14. Heathsrow
15. kenszel
16. ralphjjr
17. Rupicon
18. SleepyJeep
19. bgenlvtex
20. TJ Mitchell Films
21. techteacher
22. dangerousone
23. TampaJLU
24. kayakmike
25. EPTJ
26. DenverGladiator
27. sad85XD
28. Archie Bunker
29. pokerbob
30. Daddiator
31. STINGRAY92
32. Gren71
33. BlackDog
34. jeepncrowd
35. OneTraveler
36. Magnus Rudis
37. sbetts
38. MotoBrad
39. Gdavis
40. Bremen
41. BRD1941
42. jsyn
43. BK_Yeti
44. J33P3R
45. Sladecm
46. fitchottie
47. BeeeCeee
48. gmc1000_1965
49. TSOSGLAD8R

rubi14

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-7 Laredo, 1982 CJ-7 "The Texan", 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
shop owner
List of Interested JT Owners:

1. BuiltRight
2. Stoney15
3. 2020 SCRAMBLER
4. TheITGuy
5. G8R
6. Pion
2. steffen707
8. JeepDreams
9. Mjolnir
10. quetscoatl
11. ScaleRCCrawler
12. Cproch32
13. Gtlamans
14. Heathsrow
15. kenszel
16. ralphjjr
17. Rupicon
18. SleepyJeep
19. bgenlvtex
20. TJ Mitchell Films
21. techteacher
22. dangerousone
23. TampaJLU
24. kayakmike
25. EPTJ
26. DenverGladiator
27. sad85XD
28. Archie Bunker
29. pokerbob
30. Daddiator
31. STINGRAY92
32. Gren71
33. BlackDog
34. jeepncrowd
35. OneTraveler
36. Magnus Rudis
37. sbetts
38. MotoBrad
39. Gdavis
40. Bremen
41. BRD1941
42. jsyn
43. BK_Yeti
44. J33P3R
45. Sladecm
46. fitchottie
47. BeeeCeee
48. gmc1000_1965
49. TSOSGLAD8R
50.rubi14

seesharp4me

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Anniversary JK Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, Tesla Model 3, Telsa Model Y On Order
Without going through 21 pages... :) I assume I missed out on the initial offering? If so, is there a forum discount code?

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Status
Not open for further replies.