Sponsored

Can we Disable the auto stop start?

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I always left foot brake, so the delay is quite noticeable. I ordered the Tazer last week on the third day of having a Gladiator. My buddy with a new RAM 1500 got rid of a near new Chevy Equinox because there was no AutoStart disable button! He's tickled his RAM has one.
Left foot braking and having one foot on each pedal will trigger a check engine light in some vehicles (brake pedal/throttle pedal correlation)
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I have never, ever, seen a CEL from that. Putting both feet on the pedals simultaneously isn't something needed on the street, for that matter, except maybe reversing into a specific spot.

Left foot braking and having one foot on each pedal will trigger a check engine light in some vehicles (brake pedal/throttle pedal correlation)

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I tazered mine so not an issue. However there is a big fuse for auto/stop in the fuse box. Anyone ever tried pulling it?

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
I drove the Macan to Arkansas and back this past weekend. Dozens of key cycles and I never had to shut the stop/start off. It stayed disabled the entire weekend. In order to engage it work I needed to actually push the stop/start button on the console (red light indicator illuminated). Key cycles would however turn off the sport exhaust and lane departure warning. I had to push those every key cycle to turn the sport exhaust on and lane departure warning off.
Probably depends on your Model. Example: An audi A6/A7 the button will not remember last state and default back. My audi S6 the same button would remember last state and stay off. I think on their general models they don't allow the disable (so they get the mileage credit from government) but on their less sold / higher end models they all the permanent disable. You probably have a higher end GTS or Turbo and therefore your button stays off.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Probably depends on your Model. Example: An audi A6/A7 the button will not remember last state and default back. My audi S6 the same button would remember last state and stay off. I think on their general models they don't allow the disable (so they get the mileage credit from government) but on their less sold / higher end models they all the permanent disable. You probably have a higher end GTS or Turbo and therefore your button stays off.
Actually it's an S. Our 2016 was an S also and acted the same way. It only works if you engage it otherwise it stays off, even through multiple key cycles.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Found another casualty of the auto stop-start... forgot to disable mine yesterday and apparently, when the system goes to restart, it dips the battery enough to reboot my Kenwood D710G mid-conversation :facepalm:. Guess it's time to pony up for the disable unit.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Found another casualty of the auto stop-start... forgot to disable mine yesterday and apparently, when the system goes to restart, it dips the battery enough to reboot my Kenwood D710G mid-conversation :facepalm:. Guess it's time to pony up for the disable unit.
I have an auto start/stop for sale. Used 1 week in member for sale electronics section. Half of what they cost. I pay shipping.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Really happy with my smart stop simple plug and play ESS disable

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Tazer & thats the absolute first thing I did...

I also saw something on a youtube video saying that if you unplug the connector for the hood sensor it will disable the autostart/stop.. Dont know if thats true or not.
that will work but will also prevent remote starting too.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I installed a SmartStartStop few months back and have never looked back. Well worth it.. Out of sight...out of mind....and no more stop and go traffic annoyances.

paulrhein

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Technician
I hear all the bitching but does anyone have an idea as to what module in the Gladiator system that manages the auto start stop?

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I hear all the bitching . . .
I installed a SmartStartStop few months back and have never looked back. Well worth it.. Out of sight...out of mind....and no more stop and go traffic annoyances.
I installed the thought in my brain: hey, I can push a button and it won't stop! ;)