Sponsored

Cancel Order because Gobi is now available?

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel Gobi
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
I’m at 4 weeks today on my gobi order and was told “there is no timeline” on my build and I’m still patiently waiting in the scheduling phase….
just a question… but didn’t they just make the gobi become available this past couple of days? How did you order Gobi 4 weeks ago?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
just a question… but didn’t they just make the gobi become available this past couple of days? How did you order Gobi 4 weeks ago?
Gobi was announced as a late availability color in the ordering guides long before it became available. You could have ordered it in January if you wanted to, just wouldn't know when it was gonna show.

That being said I believe they announced they started scheduling Gobi orders on March 4th

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
Dang! Never was given that option or else I would’ve done it then. Anyways, all is well now! Hopefully our builds get started sooner than later..,

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Sponsored

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
I saw on here that it was available first week of March. Ordered the next day. Then they announced it. Then they finally got around to making it available online a couple days ago.

mrfuzzles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTDR Gobi
Hello EVERYONE! New to the site due to me ordering a new Diesel Overland… but I do have a question, I ordered mine in the Granite color as I had to settle because I’ve been waiting a year and a half for the Gobi color to come back. Well it didn’t at all in 2021 and then early this year I was almost forced to order one because of my Tundra not doing so well. Anyways….

Question…If my Gladiator is all ready on its way to the dealership… can I still cancel my order and order a new one in the Gobi color? Or will they make me buy the other one?
I did this exact thing. I was going to pick up my Sting Grey the week the Gobi was announced. Canceled my order and was able to submit a new order (thankfully as I was able to save $7k by going through the online sales rep vs the sales rep at the physical dealership). Only bad thing is it looks like it's going to take twice as long for the build (it's been a month and the status is still "scheduled to be built").

mrfuzzles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTDR Gobi
Even though it wasn't available online, it was available in the dealership system. So you could submit your order for Gobi through working with a jeep dealer.

Sponsored

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Gobi was announced as a late availability color in the ordering guides long before it became available. You could have ordered it in January if you wanted to, just wouldn't know when it was gonna show.

That being said I believe they announced they started scheduling Gobi orders on March 4th
So, as I recall the February Order Guide was the first appearance of Late Availability Gobi. I recall asking two separate dealers about the color maybe sometime around late February and I was told multiple times that it had not “dropped” yet. Are you suggesting that a dealer could have locked an order in before they could have seen Gobi as a color option?

At this point I’m mainly interested in how the system works going forward. That’s because I’ve been pining for Mojito, and I just might order one of those if it comes on.

thanks.

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
I did this exact thing. I was going to pick up my Sting Grey the week the Gobi was announced. Canceled my order and was able to submit a new order (thankfully as I was able to save $7k by going through the online sales rep vs the sales rep at the physical dealership). Only bad thing is it looks like it's going to take twice as long for the build (it's been a month and the status is still "scheduled to be built").
How’d you save 7k!?!?
I wish I could’ve done that. My build is almost 70 after dealer fee and taxes!

mrfuzzles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTDR Gobi
How’d you save 7k!?!?
I wish I could’ve done that. My build is almost 70 after dealer fee and taxes!
First let me preface that I just said yes to everything with my first order and it looks like the sales rep jacked up the price to where it was going to be $73k when all was said and done.

Then I read on here that instead of the sales rep I should have worked with the online rep who could get me 2% below invoice (1 % off with the Tread Lightly membership included). Thankfully Gobi came out and gave me the reason to swap without the dealership denying me (the deposit I paid was just swapped to the new order). Final cost to me was $66k (MSRP roughly $71.5k).

Last edited:
OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
Another question to all….
Upon building the Gladiator Diesel in Gobi… I see that the TracLok anti spin diff was included in the package. Then when my dealer went through the process… they said that it doesn’t include it… any ideas why online is conflic
Jeep Gladiator Cancel Order because Gobi is now available? F9597ACF-5CC3-42F8-A9C8-57E4E4086BAD

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
If I hadn’t been able to get my Gator, Gobi would’ve been my close second choice with Sarge following behind. Get exactly what you want because you’ll always be wishing you had if you didn’t.
Sponsored