OP
Brentalight

Brentalight

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn
Occupation
Retired Military
Clayton 2.5 measures more like 3 with 37 Nittos. Has falcon shocks now and I think it rides better than stock.
20200607_121509.jpg
Awesome! This is exactly what I wanted to hear and see. Looks great!
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

VA Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubi 06 LJ Rubi
Thanks for the compliments I'll have to take a more recent photo. The only down side I can see to this kit is you're UPS guy is going to hate you everything is beefy and heavy duty. The updated trackbar makes for plenty of clearance for a 37 if you loose heat shield. Only other thing I recommend are rear brake lines, stock will work but was to close to being banjo stringed for my taste. Also figured what another 100 in the grand scheme of things. Hey Clayton how bout a t-shirt for the glowing review :);)

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales

Sponsored

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Anyone with the Overland 2.5 have length issues with the rear brake and wheel sensor wires? Just finished installing and while up on lift the rear brake lines were uncomfortably tight and I couldn't connect the wheel speed sensor wires until I put truck on its wheels. I know this is only when rear is unsupported, but will it be an issue at full flex? More importantly, did I install something wrong?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Anyone with the Overland 2.5 have length issues with the rear brake and wheel sensor wires? Just finished installing and while up on lift the rear brake lines were uncomfortably tight and I couldn't connect the wheel speed sensor wires until I put truck on its wheels. I know this is only when rear is unsupported, but will it be an issue at full flex? More importantly, did I install something wrong?
I have the 3.5" Overland plus kit and I put in the new longer brake lines from Clayton (red). If you loosen the anti-lock sensor wire mounts on top of the frame, you can get as much slack as the Clayton lengthened brake lines. Here is a pic where I got as much slack as the brake lines, then, zip tied them to the brake line at the same mount points as the stock brake line.

So, your only real problem is the length of the brake lines. If your shocks are long enough to let you tighten the brake lines at full droop, then, tell Clayton to send you the brake line extensions. The anti-lock sensor lines should not be a problem to lengthen once you pull out the wire mounts.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Overland Plus 2.5 or 3.5 kOVO2Z

Here is another pic at rest... You can see the anti-lock sensor line slack is just as much as the new Clayton brake lines. They are zip tied together in this pic also.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Overland Plus 2.5 or 3.5 2eEQr2

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Awesome. I figured I'd order the lengthened brake lines. Didn't know what to do with wiring. I'll look for the wire mounts.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the 2.5 or 3.5 version of the Clayton Overland Plus lift for my 2020 JT Rubicon. I plan to go with 37s and understand they will fit and work perfectly with the 2.5 lift. I dont have plans for bigger wheels. I like the idea of the additional ground clearance of the 3.5 but understand Clayton's lifts are a bit higher than others. Worry 3.5 might be overkill. Can anyone speak to their experiences with either kit and 37s on a Rubicon? Pics would be great too so I can get a visual of how big a difference there is.

Brent
3.5" = upgraded front drive shaft!

Sponsored

rocklander_jt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Is anyone experiencing sag with their triple rate rear coils? I am concerned as I run a fair amount of weight full time in the rear and occasionally tow a trailer. Thoughts?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is anyone experiencing sag with their triple rate rear coils? I am concerned as I run a fair amount of weight full time in the rear and occasionally tow a trailer. Thoughts?
Hey Scott!

We can always help you in coming up with your best solution if you want to give us a call, but typically our kits are able to handle about an additional 500-600 lbs of additional weight and sit level (on top of steel bumpers). Once you get any more than that, you may want to mismatch coils, 2.5" in the front and 3.5" in the rear, in order to gain some rake back. We will also be coming out with an HD rear coil option sometime in May for guys running 800lbs or more in additional weight.

Carlo_d3

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Occupation
PT
Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus with Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks

tempImage4XY2B5.png
Sponsored