First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got the Mopar/Katzkin leather and am super happy with it.

20211118_155343.jpg
Sorry, may have sounded like I was slamming them. They are great quality because Katzkin is great quality but for what they cost, I personally would go with aftermarket Katzkin for the premium leather options, color options, style options, stitching options, etc.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I used to dislike leather but have since changed. Cloth always seems to get dirty and can be difficult to clean. Heated seats help in the cold and the JT heated seats are the best I've experienced over quite a few vehicles.
Cloth seats can also be heated.
I got the leather because its easier to clean. I would get vinyl if they offered it. ha.

I got the light Grey leather in the Mojave. My wife's car has light tan leather and you do have to keep up with cleaning it annually, but other than that its cool in the summer and fine in the winter.

Mojave grey is much lighter in person than it is in the configurator.

IMG_20200818_143859.jpg

Configurator view:
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.42.38 PM.png
Light seats show dirt easier.

Only in models that offer non-Mopar leather. I think it's listed as Leather Trimmed and other various ways but it has to be non-Mopar perforated or whatever the other is to get the rear armrest.

Sport S does not get rear armrest with Mopar leather packages.

I would recommend skipping Mopar leather because it's limited option/customization black. They are Katzkin leather seats and you can go to a Katzkin dealer to fully customize your leather seats.
The armrest came with leather in the previous years' on the Sport models.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
The cloth seems to wear very well, I have had the cloth in my last 2 JKs and my JT, hasnā€™t really shown any wear, being black it doesnā€™t show dirt, if I need to clean it I just spray some Tuff Stuff cleaner on them and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. I had light tan seats in an Acura I had a few years ago the blue from jeans transferred to the leather and was difficult to remove.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
My 2020 Sport S came with black cloth. Iā€™ve had it for just over a year and upgraded to PRP seat covers. The cloth is nice, I just donā€™t like all black interiors. Feels like Iā€™m sitting in a void. As far as the cloth material itself, itā€™s very very high quality and isnā€™t cheap nor scratchy feeling like some economy cloth seats. If you think the price difference is worth it for the upgraded leather, then go that route. But you wonā€™t be disappointed with the cloth.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I prefer leather. Easier to keep clean. If you go wheeling with the doors off, the dirt/mud wipes right off the leather. I don't find the seats particularly hot during the summer. I like the fact if the seats start cracking after a few years, you can replace them with some Katzkin. Nice option to have.

Sponsored

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
JAson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JLU Rubicon
I hatedā€¦. HATED the leather seats in my 2020 overland. I hated them so much I traded it in after only 4 months. They are hard, unsupportive (yes even worse than the cloth seats) and generally uncomfortable. They felt like the seats someone would put in a car if they were trying to prank you.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have leather in my rubicon. Iā€™d have my seat covers on whether it was cloth or leather, as it gets used like a dirty Jeep. If it was a mall crawler, Iā€™d want the leather. If I had cloth, Iā€™d cover them to prevent stains and fading. Either way, leather is better for resale. The first thing I buy with any vehicle in Colorado is floor and seat protection.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I have leather in my rubicon. Iā€™d have my seat covers on whether it was cloth or leather, as it gets used like a dirty Jeep. If it was a mall crawler, Iā€™d want the leather. If I had cloth, Iā€™d cover them to prevent stains and fading. Either way, leather is better for resale. The first thing I buy with any vehicle in Colorado is floor and seat protection.
I live in Minnesota. Cloth. Bought covers from Bar Tact. Factory slush matts. Thinking about amour light flooring eventually. If I had a High Altitude, or a Grand Cherokee etc. I'd get leather. But for getting dirty and wet cloth all day. Dry it out and move on!

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Minnesota. Cloth. Bought covers from Bar Tact. Factory slush matts. Thinking about amour light flooring eventually. If I had a High Altitude, or a Grand Cherokee etc. I'd get leather. But for getting dirty and wet cloth all day. Dry it out and move on!
I have Bartact front and rear. Theyā€™re fantastic.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I have Bartact front and rear. Theyā€™re fantastic.
I didn't buy the rears - too cheap. Then a boy scout spilled soda in the back. Soooo... I'm putting a set on order. Can't get the stain out - its subtle but its there. :facepalm:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't buy the rears - too cheap. Then a boy scout spilled soda in the back. Soooo... I'm putting a set on order. Can't get the stain out - its subtle but its there. :facepalm:
My rears went in first. I was freaking out with two kids in the back spilling every damn thing and using the seats to climb into their car seats. Now Iā€™m totally relaxed. Bartact is indestructible, and the molle is really helpful.

jonsheritahe04

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2018 F250 Super Duty
Occupation
IT Support
Have had leather in all my vehicles till now. Have the Mojave with cloth and I like them. Not as hot as leather, comfortable, and they seem to be good quality materials.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
If worried about leather holding up..... use Zaino leather conditioner. Will last forever and stay supple. Clean yearly with their leather cleaner and reapply conditioner.
Sponsored