Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) For Gladiator Manual Transmiss [overheating clutch pressure plate]

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Thought it was worth trying to submit for reimbursement on a KDF157077 - Dual Friction , Clutch and Flywheel Kit but no matter what date I pick I get "Recall repair date cannot be after the recall completion date for online submission. Please check your dates and try again. If your dates are correct and you would still like to be considered for reimbursement, please call (800-853-1403) for further assistance."

Just waiting for my dealer's service dept to open up to phone them.

Only thing I've noticed is reversing in 4hi... Even if I'm off the clutch pedal (I swear I'm not riding or slipping it) I can sell a little burnt clutch.

Screenshot_20200422-074014_Chrome.jpg

Edit: Just phoned my service department. they said they don't know the replacement parts yet but I would get a letter in the post once available. They also said with the federal recall like this they are mandated on the repair order to have specific parts listed, and cannot put the centerforce clutch in, nor split the difference of the upgrade cost.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
What parts? Event is no longer live.
He didn’t say. Just that parts are available. I suspect there will be a lag as dealers get the parts and schedule the recall repair.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Explorer Sport Track, 04 Suzuki VL800, 06 Lincoln Zephyr, 16 Jeep Renegade

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’m going Centerforce route. Just gotta dig through the sofa cushions to collect up some spare change....

Ericxj99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt,xj,mj,jk,tj
Jt back new clutch and other parts had to returned back to dealer it wasn’t shifting right hard to reverse and first smelled like burnt they don’t have the parts to fix the issue so they installed the new faulty clutch and wasn’t right truck sits at dealer for another revision which I don’t think it’s going to resolve the issues if your gladiator still shifting will be a good idea to hold it thill they come with the solution I had no choice my clutch stop working it burned bad they have 2 more sitting in the lot same
Issues

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jt back new clutch and other parts had to returned back to dealer it wasn’t shifting right hard to reverse and first smelled like burnt they don’t have the parts to fix the issue so they installed the new faulty clutch and wasn’t right truck sits at dealer for another revision which I don’t think it’s going to resolve the issues if your gladiator still shifting will be a good idea to hold it thill they come with the solution I had no choice my clutch stop working it burned bad they have 2 more sitting in the lot same
Issues
Thanks for the update. Sorry you are going through this. Saving my pennies for a Centerforce clutch.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I’m going Centerforce route. Just gotta dig through the sofa cushions to collect up some spare change....
They are pricey but if their claims are true I think its worth the cost.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They are pricey but if their claims are true I think its worth the cost.
Stay tuned. I’ll share an install and review once I get some $$$$ together

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Interesting, I have smelled my clutch burning a few times, and I never ride it or abuse it.

I'm torn because on one hand, having a new clutch installed down the road will be like having free wearable items!!! But, now I'm scared to tow an off road trailer and go have an adventure in the Bush because my pressure plate/"clutch may fail, leaving me and my family stranded.

They better come out with a fix soon! I got this vehicle to use for big camping trips and expeditions and I need to be able to count on it.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Any body notice this changed to "repair parts are available"?

Screenshot_20200429-073234_Chrome.jpg

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll take this as good news. I'd like to know the details of what improvements they made to the replacement parts.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I have smelled my clutch burning a few times, and I never ride it or abuse it.

I'm torn because on one hand, having a new clutch installed down the road will be like having free wearable items!!! But, now I'm scared to tow an off road trailer and go have an adventure in the Bush because my pressure plate/"clutch may fail, leaving me and my family stranded.

They better come out with a fix soon! I got this vehicle to use for big camping trips and expeditions and I need to be able to count on it.
I’m not really worried about it. Only about 2300lbs but zero issues. Planning on skipping the recall and upgrading to Centerforce

A5A0C3F6-CDF5-4F14-985B-060A0924D0E9.jpeg
Sponsored