Sponsored

Comprehensive Gladiator Bed Rack Matrix (work in process)

TheProdigalBastard

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I kinda like this too but I'm concerned with their answer to pay load. Would definitely prefer if they gave an actual static and dynamic weight capacity. If they answered this, it would be a top contender for me.
OK, a response from upTOPoverland Static weight capacity is 800lbs and Dynamic is 300lbs.
Sponsored

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
One would think a more upright profile would definitely open ourselves up to more tonneau options...
We're exploring the idea of making a Gladiator rack that matches the angles of the cab. We will will share more details once they become available.
Can you please elaborate on how the truck failed?
The damage in the photos was from the truck bed giving out. We are not responsible for how much weight people place on their trucks and what type of abuse they put their vehicles through.

It's also basic statistics...we have sold thousands of bed racks and crossbars over the years and have NEVER seen the side of a bed fold like that. If there was a problem with our products we would be seeing that on a regular basis.

OP
OP

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
We're exploring the idea of making a Gladiator rack that matches the angles of the cab. We will will share more details once they become available.

The damage in the photos was from the truck bed giving out. We are not responsible for how much weight people place on their trucks and what type of abuse they put their vehicles through.

It's also basic statistics...we have sold thousands of bed racks and crossbars over the years and have NEVER seen the side of a bed fold like that. If there was a problem with our products we would be seeing that on a regular basis.
I have seen it somewhere, maybe this thread, that there is actually very little support in the bedsides.

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Here a new player to the rack game that I just came across tonight. Looks like it has promise...unlimited possibilities...starts at $579

https://xtrusion-overland.com/
I don't want a rack that isn't specifically designed for the gladiator.... actually on second thought I guess it would keep costs down

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Seems like not a lot of love for the standard Yakima type rack around here. Any particular reason? Just curious. I've always had Yakima or Thule on cars in the past, and appreciated that there are so many compatible mounts for toys.

OverHaul HD System

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Am I the only one erring toward a Decked system and the Zroadz Rack?
I'm seriously considering the Decked + a TBD rack system VS a Diamondback HD + FrontRunner attachments. Being a Jeep owner is stressful!

TheProdigalBastard

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Seems like not a lot of love for the standard Yakima type rack around here. Any particular reason? Just curious. I've always had Yakima or Thule on cars in the past, and appreciated that there are so many compatible mounts for toys.

OverHaul HD System
Yakima and Thule racks are great for carrying kayaks and bikes and such but are far less effective out on a trail where someone might get stuck and you need recovery gear or when you're out camping and need to light up an area next to your Jeep. Since it will be put on a Jeep, most people want something as versatile as the adventures we take them on.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yakima and Thule racks are great for carrying kayaks and bikes and such but are far less effective out on a trail where someone might get stuck and you need recovery gear or when you're out camping and need to light up an area next to your Jeep. Since it will be put on a Jeep, most people want something as versatile as the adventures we take them on.
Thanks, makes perfect sense. I had been thinking the Yakima would get pretty crowded with rotopax, recovery boards, etc...

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought a @Max Modular Steel 18-inch rack from a fellow forum member. It had 4 Baja Design S2 Sport light mounted on it. I just ordered the needed wiring harness for the lights (Covid delayed). In the mean time, I mounted a Yakima MegaWarrior basket to the rack. The fit is great, used all the original hardware and was able to use the factory locks. Turns out these baskets are part of a Toyota 4Runner package. Bought one from a local guy that was included with his new 4Runner. Was able to remount my tonneau cover today. I have a bit more sealing work to ensure it is waterproof (probably 90% right now). A friend of mince gave me a set of replica ‘47 hood ornaments that fit perfect on the rack. This rack is outstanding!

E2F2B055-C00F-4177-8D03-A0BA2F357EFE.jpeg

3B4756B7-AA8B-45BC-BB36-3131F167E165.jpeg

DDD0481A-B962-4DCE-9B45-B04FE148EFB7.jpeg

C0E3394D-8F93-4113-A9A4-44C32269EB28.jpeg

9E33F5D6-45E4-4F59-8087-AF54220B9CA1.jpeg
@TRI-JAB what tonneau cover do you have? Looks like the Rugged Ridge hard rolling cover. If so, looks like it works with this setup. Did you have to modify the cover install at all? Other thoughts or comments on your experience with this?

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
@TRI-JAB what tonneau cover do you have? Looks like the Rugged Ridge hard rolling cover. If so, looks like it works with this setup. Did you have to modify the cover install at all? Other thoughts or comments on your experience with this?
Good eye! It is in fact the RR Hard Rolling cover. No modifications to anything but the gaskets. I am still working on making it leak tight.... I am really happy with the rack and tonneau brackets. I wish RR would have designed the tonneau specifically for the JT, so there are a few things I’d change but overall a good set up. Will be great if I get it sealed right.

Check out post #50, I was not a happy camper when I wrote it, but it represents my initial reaction to installing the tonneau:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/page-4

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Good eye! It is in fact the RR Hard Rolling cover. No modifications to anything but the gaskets. I am still working on making it leak tight.... I am really happy with the rack and tonneau brackets. I wish RR would have designed the tonneau specifically for the JT, so there are a few things I’d change but overall a good set up. Will be great if I get it sealed right.

Check out post #50, I was not a happy camper when I wrote it, but it represents my initial reaction to installing the tonneau:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/page-4
Yeah, I’ve had this RR tonneau for a while - long enough to have fiddled with various seals and rail adjustments as well. I’m really wondering how well it coexists with the bed rack setup you have pictured.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I’ve had this RR tonneau for a while - long enough to have fiddled with various seals and rail adjustments as well. I’m really wondering how well it coexists with the bed rack setup you have pictured.
It rolls up to the rear verticals on the rack, no problem. The only fiddling you would need to do is to cut the seal material that sticks to the side of the bed at the location of each bracket, then work to seal that location.

how has your seal material held up? Mine keeps falling off. I even bought Gorilla tape and that came off. I thoroughly cleaned the side of the bed with rubbing alcohol before applying, but am having a bear of a time keeping it in place.

JKUS

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2012

@Max Modular Im about to pull the trigger on the setup for my Gladiator, any discount codes available?

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It rolls up to the rear verticals on the rack, no problem. The only fiddling you would need to do is to cut the seal material that sticks to the side of the bed at the location of each bracket, then work to seal that location.

how has your seal material held up? Mine keeps falling off. I even bought Gorilla tape and that came off. I thoroughly cleaned the side of the bed with rubbing alcohol before applying, but am having a bear of a time keeping it in place.
Mine keeps falling off also. I haven’t messed with it in a while - waiting to redo everything once I put a bed rack on.
Sponsored