Sponsored

Continuing the earned name of "Eco-Boom"?

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I'm a long time Ford guy and also love my Jeeps. I kinda look at it this way.
Every manufacturer can have problems and stuff happens.

Look at the Issues, Problems, etc. section here or on the JL forums. Read that and you'd think Jeeps were junk and wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. We have nothing to feel superior about.
Same thing on the Ranger forum when I had my 2020 Ranger or on the JK forum when I had my 08 JKU.

My 2020 Ranger FX4 was a blast to drive. Very quick and would spank my Gladiator any day. A much better daily driver in all respects. But it wasn't a Jeep and was more fragile and less capable off road.

My Gladiator is perfect for what I like to do and I love it. I like having the truck bed to haul more stuff when I head to the desert. But, if I was in the market for an SUV type off road vehicle I would seriously consider the Bronco over the Wrangler.
Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
You missed the joke jet. Itā€™s ok, it was bad.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Whoā€™s Several? That one of those new EV makers? And ok, you win. Iā€™m ordering a Bronco now.
2 F150 lariats, regular F150, a 1965 ford that still runs this day on same engine and transmission and have had zero issues outside of changing a clutch and spark plugs.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Iā€™ve got a 1995 F150 and a 1966 Ford F800 too. Both great trucks. Both produced decades ago.

Sponsored

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
This thread had me rolling and I have a thing with my boys at work, every Thursday I drop one of these lol, here is a few, I got lots saved up to harass him for a few months šŸ¤£

80EF7A15-C49E-4A2C-84FD-1272CEB1DCCA.jpeg

999AEACE-F3BA-42BB-97D4-2857C0E8BF34.jpeg

7314C9B2-39DD-4EA6-9762-5034656BB12C.jpeg

EA94924C-6D1A-4BF6-88BC-9B3E1B276742.jpeg

F207FAC3-A204-4539-B6E2-6389F4084368.jpeg

FC90F0F8-FC50-47CE-B81E-DA935132D614.png
Haters will always hate. All the little pricks here think owning a jeep means they owned every products.

Jeep is owned by Chrysler so owned by European dufus, I do not expect a lot out of those European owners. I am expecting Jeep to be like my Porsches, with minor issues but requires big fix.

I dont have brand loyalty. I buy whoever have the most competitive products in the market.
I have owned over 50 cars in last 10 years, all brands you can imagine. Of all the big three domestic, Chrysler products are the worst. GM is second. Ford always remain problem free.
I sold all the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep in a hard beat because of constant issues with BCM, electrical, mechanical issues. V8 hemi, V6 penatstar...
Is Ford perfect? No, but they are built a lot better than other 2 domestics.

The NA engine in Gladiator is a joke... 2.0 engine from wrangler will make this gladiator truck a whole not better. ECO boom will it apply to Gladiator if Jeep installs the 2.0 in gladiator?

NA engine cannot outperform force induction without increasing the displacement exponentially. So for all the haters here, ask yourself why you want to slap a supercharger or swap a V8?

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Unrelated, butt funny. Told a buddy about this discussion. His dry comment: "Ford should change their company name to anal, and then think about all the model names.

Took me a minute.

Back to the story.

Delete if inappropriate please.
Have you been on the "Last Jeep I'll ever own" thread? You're not even close to inappropriate. :lipssealed:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Look Jamie, I get it, youā€™re invested and a fanboy. No problem. You donā€™t have to ā€œmake me understandā€ anything. Iā€™ve owned a lot of cars in my life, and many brands, including 5 Toyotas with a combined 445,000 miles that never had anything but routine maintenance. And? Iā€™m also in a profession that requires me to look at research on a near daily basis, so Iā€™m used to digging to see if thereā€™s substance behind what I read, and not just a mouth-breather getting all of his ā€œnewsā€ from Facebook. Iā€™ve formed an evidence-based opinion, and Iā€™ll keep it thanks. Again, wish you the best with your Bronco kid.
I'm no Fanboy, I just like them and the wife's more of a fan than I am. It will be more hers than mine. She gets a Bronco, I get a Porsche 911, that's a easy one for me. I'm just saying all isn't as bad as some would think. There's more happy people loving the Broncos than people hating they bought one. Same goes with Gladiators, plenty of people regret ever buying one and some people love them. It's about even across the board.

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Haters will always hate. All the little pricks here think owning a jeep means they owned every products.

Jeep is owned by Chrysler so owned by European dufus, I do not expect a lot out of those European owners. I am expecting Jeep to be like my Porsches, with minor issues but requires big fix.

I dont have brand loyalty. I buy whoever have the most competitive products in the market.
I have owned over 50 cars in last 10 years, all brands you can imagine. Of all the big three domestic, Chrysler products are the worst. GM is second. Ford always remain problem free.
I sold all the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep in a hard beat because of constant issues with BCM, electrical, mechanical issues. V8 hemi, V6 penatstar...

The NA engine in Gladiator is a joke... 2.0 engine from wrangler will make this gladiator truck a whole not better. ECO boom will it apply to Gladiator if Jeep installs the 2.0 in gladiator?

NA engine cannot outperform force induction without increasing the displacement exponentially. So for all the haters here, ask yourself why you want to slap a supercharger or swap a V8?
Itā€™s all in good fun, I also have no brand loyalty, I get hit with plenty of memes from my buddy about how bad jeep is, I donā€™t take it personally, weā€™re just ribbing each other.

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I'm no Fanboy, I just like them and the wife's more of a fan than I am. It will be more hers than mine. She gets a Bronco, I get a Porsche 911, that's a easy one for me. I'm just saying all isn't as bad as some would think. There's more happy people loving the Broncos than people hating they bought one. Same goes with Gladiators, plenty of people regret ever buying one and some people love them. It's about even across the board.
weā€™ll agree to disagree there oh wise one

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

Question. If you sold all of your Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep. Why are you still posting here? I got rid of my POS ford turd f250 yrs ago and never went back to the forum. I moved on.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physical Therapist

write much?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Several and Ford is among the most reliable way more so than dodge Jeep and Chrysler, JD Power and consumer reports will show that
Would like to point out that Ford was ranked below Chrysler in latest ranking from consumer reports, and Lincoln came in last place. In 2020 Ford was 28th out of 31 so no, Ford is not known for major reliability in new vehicles. The Ford of this decade is not the Ford of the late 90s and early 2000s, they are instead well known for racing to the bottom with low cost bidders and suppliers.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Would like to point out that Ford was ranked below Chrysler in latest ranking from consumer reports, and Lincoln came in last place. In 2020 Ford was 28th out of 31 so no, Ford is not known for major reliability in new vehicles. The Ford of this decade is not the Ford of the late 90s and early 2000s, they are instead well known for racing to the bottom with low cost bidders and suppliers.
Ford was the only one of the US brands that hadnā€™t needed government bail outs
Sponsored