Sponsored

Control arm drop brackets with new springs?

Pushnf8

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport S MAX tow
So I purchased a 3.5" RC spacer lift for my sport. Before I got to install the kit I traded for a Rubicon JT. I installed this spacer kit along with their control arm drop brackets, adjustable track bar, and shock extension.
My question is.. the 3.5" spacer was ordered because I wasn't sure what springs I wanted. This kit is a bit bigger than I like and will eventually trade the spacers for why I assume to be 2.5"-3" springs. Anyone know if these control arm drop brackets will still work or will they need to be removed and replaced with adjustable lower front control arms? RC can only tell me that they aren't "needed" with 2.5" but are with 3.5".. so if I go with the 3" RK springs I'm not sure if there are upsides or downsides
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Only way to know will be with an alignment to check pinion angle after you go lower

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
So I purchased a 3.5" RC spacer lift for my sport. Before I got to install the kit I traded for a Rubicon JT. I installed this spacer kit along with their control arm drop brackets, adjustable track bar, and shock extension.
My question is.. the 3.5" spacer was ordered because I wasn't sure what springs I wanted. This kit is a bit bigger than I like and will eventually trade the spacers for why I assume to be 2.5"-3" springs. Anyone know if these control arm drop brackets will still work or will they need to be removed and replaced with adjustable lower front control arms? RC can only tell me that they aren't "needed" with 2.5" but are with 3.5".. so if I go with the 3" RK springs I'm not sure if there are upsides or downsides
You will be fine with the drop brackets at 2.5”.

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
A good way to check pinion angle is to download a free angle finder app on your phone and hold it on top of the yoke or flange at the diff. You can check your caster by holding the phone on top of your upper ball joint. Probably a good idea to get a reading before and after the spring swap. Assuming your drop brackets have multiple holes, your new angle should tell you if you need to adjust the control arms accordingly. Hope this helps.
Sponsored