COVID-19 Stories

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
We are also on lock down here. I live in the suburbs, so, my girlfriend and I take the Gladiator for a drive everyday to get drive-thru food. Everybody has their windows rolled up. Not one window down, so, I feel comfortable lowering all my windows and enjoying the breeze. We also try to go for a walk everyday. You see whole families walking together, but, far apart from any other people. These two things have kept me sane so far.

Note: I am lucky that I live in a "car culture" suburb. Nobody walks, nobody takes a bus, rarely even see one... Looks like This car culture will play in our favor for isolation vs. a city like New York.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
i'm no expert either, but if we do nothing, we're F-ed, if we do a patchwork of actions it could still be bad. Luckily California and NY and Washington State are taking this seriously along with 14 other states.

Luckily the virus dies from heat so Arizona is unaffected (fake news.......:puke:)
Yeah it's pretty Hot in Australia, wonder how Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson got it:idea:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has halted for 60 days the movement of US troops and Defense Department civilians overseas as a further measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The stoppage is expected to affect about 90,000 troops scheduled to deploy abroad or to return from abroad over the next two months. Some exceptions are allowed, and the order by Defense Secretary Mark Esper will not stop the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan as called for in last month’s deal with the Taliban.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
BERLIN — Seven German medical associations have published recommendations for how doctors should determine which seriously ill patients with the new coronavirus can be given intensive care treatment when demand outstrips available capacity.

The 13-page guide published Wednesday states that “according to current information about the COVID-19 pandemic it is likely that despite capacity increases already made there soon won’t be sufficient intensive care resources available also in Germany for all patients who would need them.”

The document, posted on the website of Germany’s Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive and Emergency Medicine, recommends not providing intensive care if the process of dying has irreversibly begun, treatment wouldn’t result in improvement or stabilization, survival would depend on permanent intensive care or the patient refuses intensive care.

The guide, which is backed by six other medical associations, suggests that decisions on allocating available beds may be necessary “analogous to triage in disaster medicine.” It suggests that survival chances of patients with other serious illnesses should also be weighed and that age alone shouldn’t be the deciding factor.

About 1,000 of the over 30,000 COVID-19 patients in Germany are currently receiving intensive care. The government aims to double the 28,000 intensive care beds in the country to cope with a predicted increase in cases.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nidhiprakash/coronavirus-update-dead-covid19-doctors-hospitals

Medical professionals around the US told BuzzFeed News that the official numbers of people who have died of COVID-19 are not consistent with the number of deaths they’re seeing on the front lines.

In some cases, it’s a lag in reporting, caused by delays and possible breakdowns in logging positive tests and making them public. In other, more troubling, cases, medical experts told BuzzFeed News they think it’s because people are not being tested before or after they die (emphasis added).

In the US, state and county authorities are responsible for collecting data on cases of COVID-19 and deaths. The data is then reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In California, one ER doctor who works at multiple hospitals in a hard-hit county told BuzzFeed News, “those medical records aren't being audited by anyone at the state and local level currently and some people aren’t even testing those people who are dead.”

“We just don't know. The numbers are grossly under-reported. I know for a fact that we’ve had three deaths in one county where only one is listed on the website,” the doctor said.

A spokesperson for the California Department of Health told BuzzFeed News in an email that “local health jurisdictions are required to report all positive COVID-19 cases to the state. In addition, when a death or impending death from COVID-19 occurs, health care facilities must immediately notify their local health jurisdiction and the state."

They did not immediately address the question of whether they’re confident their death count is accurate given the shortage of testing for COVID-19.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
In some cases, it’s a lag in reporting, caused by delays and possible breakdowns in logging positive tests and making them public. In other, more troubling, cases, medical experts told BuzzFeed News they think it’s because people are not being tested before or after they die (emphasis added).
I read/heard this too. Wish a shortage of tests, if somebody dies at the hospital, they don't test them, and it wouldn't get attributed to the death toll. Could be a good reason why the USA has a 1.4% death rate, and Italy has a 10%. Total speculation, have not read this is the reason. Also could be that the USA has better medical care...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I read/heard this too. Wish a shortage of tests, if somebody dies at the hospital, they don't test them, and it wouldn't get attributed to the death toll. Could be a good reason why the USA has a 1.4% death rate, and Italy has a 10%. Total speculation, have not read this is the reason. Also could be that the USA has better medical care...
Good math. Here's your answer from earlier about desert curvation...

"For the first time, (Arizona's) health officials gave out a possible timeline for coronavirus based on worst-case scenario projection. Dr. Cara Christ said the number of cases could peak around mid-April and the number of hospitalizations could peak around the middle of May. Arizona also needs an additional 13,000 hospital beds and 1,500 ICU beds on top of the current levels of 16,000 beds and 1,500 ICU beds." (azfamily.com/news)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Good math. Here's your answer from earlier about desert curvation...

"For the first time, (Arizona's) health officials gave out a possible timeline for coronavirus based on worst-case scenario projection. Dr. Cara Christ said the number of cases could peak around mid-April and the number of hospitalizations could peak around the middle of May. Arizona also needs an additional 13,000 hospital beds and 1,500 ICU beds on top of the current levels of 16,000 beds and 1,500 ICU beds." (azfamily.com/news)
so the desert heat is doing.........not much to stop this thing for you?

If you ever move I see Greenland has very few cases per square mile. =) They probably have very few of anything per square mile though.

upload_2020-3-26_0-23-6.png

5960303533_63f8627679_b.jpg

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
so the desert heat is doing.........not much to stop this thing for you?

If you ever move I see Greenland has very few cases per square mile. =) They probably have very few of anything per square mile though.

upload_2020-3-26_0-23-6.png

5960303533_63f8627679_b.jpg

Freedom panels baby! Get outside and get some sun. (13:22 talks about vitamin D & summer lower death rate due to flu):

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Freedom panels baby! Get outside and get some sun. (13:22 talks about vitamin D & summer lower death rate due to flu):

I'm not going to stay cooped up inside, I will get out and run a few miles, but I will also remember to keep my distance from others and practice good hygiene. I still see some large run groups and bike groups getting together. Not smart.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Our numbers are going up like crazy here in Alabama and with our first confirmed death yesterday. Just got word this morning that the Honda plant I work in will be shut down for a third week until the 7th. I'm a contracted company that works out here so we have been here pretty much every day but I'm not sure if we will be out of work next week

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

lack of vitamin D also is linked to MS.

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
Well: I guess putting the total mass fear driven masoquistic's news aside, Listen to Dr's. & just stay home M/F'r and live or die. JHC at least Politicians are stopped flying all over the world spreading shat and are talking via video conferencing. U know, airplanes did spread the Virus via buggs. JHC !

Mixing bleach & Water 50/50 in a sprayer for door entry areas and Lysol Concentrate & H20 cleaning surfaces and floors. Keep your arsses clean !

Last edited:

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
we as A nation are pathetically behind in testing and in basic medical supplies. The Liar In Chief will not enact the National Defense Act to force US companies to manufacture life saving equipment to hospitals because he only cares about corporate profit and his own re electton... when PEOPLE ARE DIEING.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
we as A nation are pathetically behind in testing and in basic medical supplies. The Liar In Chief will not enact the National Defense Act to force US companies to manufacture life saving equipment to hospitals because he only cares about corporate profit and his own re electton... when PEOPLE ARE DIEING.
Funny you say that, because I can seem to get them if I wanted them. Looks like China is ready to supply us. This is a email from a light company I use to use for lights when I sold them back in the day.

Screenshot_20200327-185258.png
Screenshot_20200327-185329.png
Screenshot_20200327-185317.png

Just saying, are they doing enough to try to get the stuff. I have gotten numerous emails line this over the Last few days.
Sponsored