First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
Correct. And yet, it‘s working better than anything else....earliest I am aware of it being used to block virus from replicating Is ~2012 on HIV-1.
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/statement-on-ivermectin/

interesting read on use of ivermectin. My take is that there isn’t enough data yet to determine it’s worth and effectiveness and that the dosage levels required to to adequate testing might be harmful to humans. I’m no scientist. I’m a simple country hick. I’ll trust the real doctors, not the armchair quarterbacks.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
A. All the comments above make distinctions without a difference.
B. None of the above comments can change human history, ie, we are disease prone bunch and survival remains the goal; throughout history we have employed degrees of all available treatment and prevention methods. We had the plague, the black plague, the 1918 Flu, measles, polio, etc. We made it.
D. I've said before, opt-out, opt-in, pledge allegiance, renounce, whatever floats your boat, as you see fit.
E. We will survive this; we will strive to be ever better; whomever chooses, together; as we always will.

I got dosed once. Will do again. Wanted to wait until all the at risk groups were vaxxed, but not given that option. Not looking forward to the side effects of the 2nd dose, but none available yet either!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/statement-on-ivermectin/

interesting read on use of ivermectin. My take is that there isn’t enough data yet to determine it’s worth and effectiveness and that the dosage levels required to to adequate testing might be harmful to humans. I’m no scientist. I’m a simple country hick. I’ll trust the real doctors, not the armchair quarterbacks.
that looks like the report from August of last year that that just republished.

people seem to want to argue with me about ivermectin as if its my brain child or something. i mean, people are free to call me whatever they want. But the doctors pushing this are some of the most published and peer reviewed group of infectious disease doctors on the planet, so you’ll have to argue with them.

theyve been begging the government and nih to review their data on it; but they wont. Why? Their study has been submitted for peer review, but takes time. Meanwhile, people continue to die Because politicians and investors are deciding how medicine should work.

selfishly, it doesnt matter to me, because after providing the manuscript to our family doc who then presented it and his opinion to his practice, gave my family ivermectin. And then put themselves and their families on it. And folks will get the shot as it becomes available to them.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Meanwhile my advert stream is offering me local doctors while perusing this thread. ,:LOL::CWL::like::rock:

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Serious question for the people who work in the medical field (thank you btw). I was listening to an argument from someone that said if there is treatment for something, then you shouldn't need a vaccine. This persons argument was that vaccines in the past were created for certain diseases that we didn't have proper treatment for. But if there is a treatment for x, then there is no need for a vaccine. I would love to hear some thoughts on this from people who have a medical background. I'm seriously stupid in medicine, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I'm supposed to get my vaccine soon. I get a flu shot every year, and pneumonia booster every few years. Never had any reactions to them.

I had a kidney transplant in 2019 so I'm at very high risk with all my anti rejection drugs suppressing my immune system. My aunt and uncle had Covid and it wasn't bad for them. A friend of mine had Covid and died. So crazy how it affects people.

JeepRitz

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Learherneck
??? Conspiracy theory much?
You can read the FDAs report on all three major "vaccines". None of them are actual Vaccines and only one claimes to prevent the future contraction but was pulled because people all over the world were dying.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You need a better VPN, unless they are recommending local doctors in Amsterdam
Oh jeez. You mean when my password shows up on a different device on a different app in my 'recommended" feed that's bad?!? Dang it all.

Sponsored

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Bleach really DOES work! Drink one gallon of Chlorox, and you WILL NOT die from Covid 19.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
This will be my only post to this thread because I can't let this be a time sink. I am an MD/PhD (in other words, I am trained in research and the practice of medicine). I work with the sickest of the covid patients at a large hospital. I also work with heart and lung transplant patients. I took the vaccine (partially for myself, partially for the community, but mainly for my patients because while I am low risk, my patients are not). I also recommended that my parents with no risk factors other than age take the vaccine. I am not in a hurry for my school-age children to take the vaccine at this time (they are low risk and do not have exposure to high risk people ... I will likely reconsider this once the vaccine is more widely available ... see #4 below) ... this roughly summarizes my interpretation of the literature ... for those who want to educate themselves to understand the implications of the vaccines

Here is where I would start
1) Wikipedia article on the immune system ... feel free to skip to the portion on adaptive immunity and look at the first picture and then skip on down to the section on immunological memory ... as you do, realize that an "antigen" can be anything that your body mounts an immune response to ... the trick with a vaccine is to present something to your immune system that looks like a virus or bacteria (i.e. a pathogen)that you want to teach your body how to fight ... these are vaccines - they are teaching your body how to make antibodies against a pathogen (covid in this case) without giving you the disease
2) a practical thing about research and regulations - show how something works and then collect and demonstrate efficacy in the most efficient way possible ... for example - show that people in one treatment arm have fewer symptoms than in the non-treatment arm of a study ... if you have also, demonstrated how it works (e.g. antibodies against a spike protein on the surface of a virus are produced then you can combine that with the knowledge from #1 above)
3) Do we know everything about it? Nope (by the way, we don't even fully understand how Tylenol works ... this is part of the reason that I love the intersection of medicine and research). Do we know that fewer people get sick. Yep. Have I personally read a large enough study to tell me whether a covid exposed individual after both doses of the vaccine has a) no viral load, b) a short time with a viral load, and/or c) a lower viral load ... not yet, but I am certain that the studies are underway ... notice that all of the possibilities that I am presenting involve less virus (combine 1 and 2)
4) To some points earlier in the thread ... from a community perspective, there are few important items that work together in an infectious disease ... a) how infectious is it (i.e. for one person with the disease, how many other people will become infected... this is sometimes referred to as "R"), b) how many of the infected people will get "sick" ... I am using "sick" in a hospital sense here, which means enough to worry a doctor ... I am being purposely vague here because the appropriate list varies with disease, but I believe that we can all agree that death, long-term need for intubation, and cardiac failure can be included on this list ... so from a community health perspective either decrease the rate of infection and/or decrease the number of infected people who get "sick" ... fyi "R" for covid is greater than 1, which means that on average more than 1 person becomes infected for 1 person currently infected ... this is one of the more difficult problems with covid at a community level ... luckily R is only slightly larger than 1 which means that with a relatively small decrease in infection rate that the prevalence (number of carriers) should start to decrease
5) combine 3 and 4 ... and ask yourself why so many doctors are excitedly getting the vaccine despite not being high risk (the appointments for the first wave of vaccinations at my hospital were filled in less than 4 hours) ... no we are not being mandated to do so
6) Please take your advice from well trained and educated medical professionals. Please make your personal decision based off of what is best for you, what is best for those you care about and spend time with, and our community as a whole

... almost forgot the standard disclaimer that is part of any research talk ... I have no financial conflict of interest regarding the treatments discussed above

Now back to the part of this forum that I find joy from... thank you all for that ... and that is why I put the time and thought into the post above after a long day of patient care

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
So who was able to get, or schedule, a Covid Vaccine. Very hard to get an appointment in PA. I finally was able to book an appointment for Feb 9, but it was harder than finding toilet paper or hand sanitize when the virus first hit.

Cannot believe the roll out is not faster but hope those who want a vaccine can get one
Indiana nurse here, being a private, in home nurse, I was not in the first round. They opened it up the for home nurses on Jan 8th, I got my first shot on the 16th and get my second this Sat. morning.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.