First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I'm actually working on a write-up for the product/my experience with them, but here's the gist: if you're looking for a cheap alternative, go for it, but I really cannot recommend them. The quality control is poor and the components are clearly low quality/delicate. To just answer the light question, though, they are extremely bright. Brighter than the stock headlights by far haha.
I've got the halogens on my Rubicon, so I have no doubt they are brighter than the headlights. A candle with a blanket in front of it would put out more light.

I look forward to your review and experience with them. I unfortunately have found less than stellar QC with Rugged Ridge in my experience. They are consistent if not anything else, though :facepalm: Looking at Artec's offering, I'm wondering if it would be better suited to splurge for the AAL or Quake's.

Thanks!
Sponsored

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I've got the halogens on my Rubicon, so I have no doubt they are brighter than the headlights. A candle with a blanket in front of it would put out more light.

I look forward to your review and experience with them. I unfortunately have found less than stellar QC with Rugged Ridge in my experience. They are consistent if not anything else, though :facepalm: Looking at Artec's offering, I'm wondering if it would be better suited to splurge for the AAL or Quake's.

Thanks!
No problem! Can't wait to see what you choose and hear your thoughts on it :like:

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator, rubicon, 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Dental lab owner
I've got 40's on my Rubicon and love it! Like yours, this truck will stay mostly on the road. I would imagine that serious trail riding would eventually force an axle upgrade, but so far, no complaints at all. The falcon steering stabilizer kit is also a good option with the bigger tires.

mrbUv8y.jpg
Awesome looking truck! What lift, tires, wheel size and offset are you running? I’m building a custom 6.5-7 on my rubicon gladiator diesel now. I want to run 40’s but not sure about 15.5 width, don’t really like them to stock outside the body too much. Thanks

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Awesome looking truck! What lift, tires, wheel size and offset are you running? I’m building a custom 6.5-7 on my rubicon gladiator diesel now. I want to run 40’s but not sure about 15.5 width, don’t really like them to stock outside the body too much. Thanks
Thanks for the compliment! The lift is 3.5" Rubicon Express. Wheels are 17" ADD Stealth Fighter w/ -12mm offset and 4.530in. backspace, on 40x13.50R17LT Nitto Trail Grapplers. Not sure if that combo would push the tires outside of the stock fenders. I suspect it would a little bit.

Papa T's Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
GM
I've got 40's on my Rubicon and love it! Like yours, this truck will stay mostly on the road. I would imagine that serious trail riding would eventually force an axle upgrade, but so far, no complaints at all. The falcon steering stabilizer kit is also a good option with the bigger tires.

mrbUv8y.jpg
Truck looks great. What lift do you have on here?

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
If it's what he wants to run, then yes, it is worth it.

Gladiators look spectacular on 40s. Here's one we recently built: Spartacus Gladiator Build.

It's on 40x15.50x20 Nitto tires. The 15.50 width is definitely overkill and it looks super tough. Though that extra width will definitely cause more wear and tear on a lot of items down the road.

Spartacus-Gladiator.jpg

Do you need D60s to run 40s? No.

Do you need D60s to wheel with 40s? Depends on your type of wheeling and your driving style.

If you think driving fire roads and mild trails is wheeling AND you are a smooth driver, then you probably will get by with 40s under your Gladiator for quite a while. BUT you will be pushing it with tires that big.

If you think wheeling is getting out and constantly challenging your rig and your driving skills, taking the harder trails and harder lines OR you are one of those mash the pedals and get it, then you will need to step up to stronger axle assemblies sooner rather than later.

Is it cheap to upgrade? That depends on each persons budget.

Dynatrac was really on the ball on has 60/80 axle sets for the Gladiator and offers them in all sorts of combinations:
Dynatrac Axle Sets JT Gladiator

You will also need to beef up the steering box and pump to handle those 40s: PSC Big Bore XD Cylinder Assist Steering Kit
The 40x15.5 fit without fender mods? how far do they stick out? anywhere details of the build?

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Upgrade to 60's for axle shaft strength, if you're not wheeling or only driving hunting camp/trail roads I'd truss the 44 and then once your ball joints wear out, replace with HD balljoints and rod ends. If 99% of your driving is on the road there are other ways to spend money to make your JT more comfortable.

ball joints on your 44 will wear out sooner, but that's a cheap replacement part, You'd drive 2 million miles before you replace enough balljoints to pay for the 60s, and more 60s on the market today are balljoints too.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
And replace the aluminum knuckles with the steel knuckles from the Mojave

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
If you run harder trails and run bigger tires, the piece of mind you get with running the proper axles is worth the expense. I remember the days when I winced every time I had to hammer it up a hill and hope nothing would break. If you're just a street runner or do some light gravel travel you'll probably be ok with whatever tire you choose.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Not mine but he is a forum member. He's at the 2021 SEMA show. Curries with 40s
Jeep Gladiator Dana 60s for 40 inch tires questions 195088-5804d8cffd509f61c17f44cd610be75f

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
The 40x15.5 fit without fender mods? how far do they stick out? anywhere details of the build?
Yes, they fit with the Rubicon fenders. Yes, they rubbed when flexed out.

They stuck out a lot. The current owner of that truck swapped those wide 15.50s to a set of Cooper Discover STT 40x13.50.

Check out his IG @spartacus_the_JT

We have a couple videos on that truck, but it wasn't a feature build, so we didn't document it 100%.

Wheels and tires:

Warn winch in factory steel bumper:

Dual exhaust:

Light bar and pod lights:

And replace the aluminum knuckles with the steel knuckles from the Mojave
Or the forged knuckles from Reid Racing for less $$$:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...high-steel-replacement-knuckle-passenger-side
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...hd-high-steer-replacement-knuckle-driver-side

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
A couple others mentioned it, but I didn't see it highlighted: You can do a lot by replacing axle shafts and trussing your 44s.

60s are expensive and heavy. I recommend thinking seriously about just reinforcing what you have before making the MUCH bigger investment to go big on axle housings, especially if you are a casual offroader.

Also, don't forget your driveshafts :)
Sponsored