That incorrect listing is probably why they still have them in stock ? good find!Yup. I bought both f/r on Amazom that way. I went by the part numbers. Good price too.
They were just $149 each back in 2021. The photos and p/n are correct, just the description that's incorrect.That incorrect listing is probably why they still have them in stock ? good find!
The install kits are specific for the ratio for these axles? It’s not usually like that.You must have access to a different Amazon than I do - don't see any listed for the 5.13 ratio and Dana 44 axels.
Regardless though, I've got my gears ordered and an install date next week - I'm stoked!
Yeah that's true - its just the axel/vehicle for the master rebuild kit.The install kits are specific for the ratio for these axles? It’s not usually like that.
Whatever you can find in stock and get a deal on-- they really are virtually the sameI'm getting my Sport regeard soon. There's a very reputable off road shop a couple hours from me that's doing the work. The have done many Gladis and really love Ukon and have had no complaints for anyone. They are happy to Dana's but they like Ukon better. I've seen many people on these forums say to avoid Ukon. I'm just wondering why that is? Anyone have any advice you can shoot me?
Yukon has had a few batches of pinions that were not properly heat treated and then had issues.I'm getting my Sport regeard soon. There's a very reputable off road shop a couple hours from me that's doing the work. The have done many Gladis and really love Ukon and have had no complaints for anyone. They are happy to Dana's but they like Ukon better. I've seen many people on these forums say to avoid Ukon. I'm just wondering why that is? Anyone have any advice you can shoot me?
Thx! I'm in no hurry. I appreciate your perspective. The off road shop I'm working with knows their stuff - especially as it pertains to Jeeps. The love Yukon and are definitely encouraging me that way although their happy using Dana if I wanna go that way. I'm heading there tomorrow to put my 37s on for phase 1. Regearing will be next. I'm thinking at this point I'll get a quote for both and see what's readily available and go from there. Thx again!Sounds like you have already made up your mind on the issue. In any regard, I have had both Dana and Yukon gear sets as well as other parts made by both companies. Have had no problems whatsoever with either one. In reality, there are far more problems generated from improper setup of gears than poor quality parts I suspect. Someone else on this thread said Yukon is Chinese made. That is news to me. Would like to see the link or basis for that statement. I try to buy US made wherever possible. Haven't regeared my JT yet but regeared my LS3 powered JK twice and used Yukon for both with zero problems. However, one of the factors we all have to deal with when buying parts is "availability" so that may skew your choice here if you are in a hurry. Good luck to you.
Your welcome. I like Yukon, but I like Dana too. Both are acceptable alternatives in my view. I'm sure your shop will caution you about breaking in the new gears and my advice to you is follow their instructions when doing so. New hypoid gear sets are "rough" by machine standards and need time to wear in correctly without getting excessively hot. Set them up and break them in correctly and you will likely not have problems. Then have fun.Thx! I'm in no hurry. I appreciate your perspective. The off road shop I'm working with knows their stuff - especially as it pertains to Jeeps. The love Yukon and are definitely encouraging me that way although their happy using Dana if I wanna go that way. I'm heading there tomorrow to put my 37s on for phase 1. Regearing will be next. I'm thinking at this point I'll get a quote for both and see what's readily available and go from there. Thx again!
Dana says here that D44 Advantek gears are made in the US:So I had a very reputable shop in the southeast tell me that now Yukon and Dana gears both come from the same factory overseas and they install both so who knows
Yukon gears set have had the bearing go out and have seen instances where the pinion gear teeth strippeYeah - I've heard that from several of you on this forum. I'm just looking for reasons Ukon is to be avoided. This off road shop has been around for 50 years and have a sterling rep for Jeep mods. Just wondering why they feel so good about Ukon and so many on this forum deeply disagree. Don't worry though - you guys have me convinced. I will be going with Dana! I'm just looking to be able to have a somewhat intelligent conversation with the boys at this shop. So far all I've been able to say is: all the guys on my Gladiator forum told me to avoid Ukons.
Yeah - I've heard that from several of you on this forum. I'm just looking for reasons Ukon is to be avoided. This off road shop has been around for 50 years and have a sterling rep for Jeep mods. Just wondering why they feel so good about Ukon and so many on this forum deeply disagree. Don't worry though - you guys have me convinced. I will be going with Dana! I'm just looking to be able to have a somewhat intelligent conversation with the boys at this shop. So far all I've been able to say is: all the guys on my Gladiator forum told me to avoid Ukons.