First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys I know these are never the most popular posts. I apologize ahead of time to those I let down.

I really do love the Gladiator platform. I do think there is room for improvement, but it ain't bad. At one time I thought this would be a LONG term vehicle.

My Gladiator was A daily and it was put to work everyday, somedays were easier than others and that is partially my fault, no doubt.

At the end of the day, my situation is a product of my own enthusiasm. I really loved the Gladiator with the Magnuson SC installed, and my tinkering controlling things. I really did have Ram usability and the fun of a Jeep!

I wanted to share my accomplishment with the Jeep world, and I have. It was great meeting everyone and making a positive difference to the platform.

Ultimately my jeep became my primary testing platform for all kinds of ideas pertaining to engine modifications and types of superchargers. While fun for me this became a big time sync, and I spent many sleepless nights, vacations, and time away from my family, nailing stuff down, and even a couple days disabling the kid transport (not a popular thing)

Anyway all that said, during some testing I damaged my motor. This was unexpected. Luckily the company I was assisting, helped me get a new engine to replace the damaged one.

While assembling my jeep back to New, I made the decision I needed to focus on family time, and up time, with that being said, I started looking at alternative rides that would not prompt me to engineer solutions.

Hats off to the Ole girl
Jeep Gladiator DAVECS1 Update  (NSFW) joking! 20221007_133458

I was looking at a SRT Hellcat versions of the Durango, but ultimately ended up with a great compromise that I am loving. #19 of 250 Mopar edition 2022 Durango. Basically the Hellcat drivetrain with a tuned 5.7L. Right up my alley. I am loving a 7 passenger muscle car. The Jeep was one cool truck, but I am having a ball driving hard on the pavement in this one

Jeep Gladiator DAVECS1 Update  (NSFW) joking! 20221205_082625
Jeep Gladiator DAVECS1 Update  (NSFW) joking! 20221205_082636

I am still here to help, but no longer in a jeep all.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
My hat is off to you Dave. You helped a lot of people out.

My wife's cousin has what you just got. It's a fun ride.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Hey guys I know these are never the most popular posts. I apologize ahead of time to those I let down.

I really do love the Gladiator platform. I do thi k there is room for improvement, but it ain't bad. At one time I thought this would be a LONG term vehicle.

My Gladiator was A Daily and it was put to work everyday, somedays were easier than others and that is partially my fault, no doubt.

At the end of the day, my situation is a product of my own enthusiasm. I really loved the Gladiator with the Magnuson SC installed and my tinkering controlling things. I really did have Ram usability and the fun of a Jeep!

I wanted to share my accomplishment with the Jeep world, and I have. It was great meeting everyone and making a positive difference to the platform.

Ultimately my jeep became my primary testing platform for all kinds of ideas pertaining to engine modifications and types of superchargers. While fune for me this became a big tune sync, and I spent many sleepless nights, vacations, and time away from my family nailing stuff down, and even a couple days disabling the kid transport (not a popular thing)

Anyway all that said, during some testing I damaged my motor. This was unexpected. Luckily the company I was assisting, helped me get a new engine to replace the damaged one.

While assembling my jeep back to New, I made the decision I needed to focus on family time, and up time, with that being said, I ztarted looking at alternative rides that would not prompt me to engineer solutions.

Hats off to the Ole girl

I was looking at SRT Hellcat versions of the Durango, but ultimately ended up with a great compromise that I am loving. #19 of 250 Mopar edition 2022 Durango. Basically the Hellcat drivetrain with a tuned 5.7L. Right up my alley. I am loving a 7 passenger muscle car. The Jeep was one cool truck,but I am having a ball driving hard on the pavement in this one

I am still here to help, but no longer in a jeep all.
Neat, curious what is the HP and what drivetrain parts does it share with the hellcat version?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Dude you helped a lot of people, don't apologize for that. Definitely don't apologize for buying a freaking awesome ride. The wife wants a Grand Cherokee SRT And if I can find the right one our 2016 BMW X5 50i will be gone and it will take it's place. Love the X5 but I'd really love a Cherokee SRT

Sponsored

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Dave,
Thanks for all you did for this community. When I bought my Gladiator I was seriously wanting to SC it, and your trials and tribulations convinced me otherwise! And although I loved my Mojave as a daily driver, we decided to get down to one truck, and still needed towing capacity.
Ordered a ‘23 SuperDuty, and sold Mojave six weeks ago while still getting good money for it.
Priorities change and life goes on!
Quite a ride you have there and should be a hoot!

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Your posts have always been an informative read even for those of us without a supercharger. Thank you for all you have done for the community, and I hope you continue to enjoy the new Durango!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I'm going to miss learning from you, observing, and so on.
But you gotta go with what's important personally, not what's important to everyone else.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I do not blame you either. I frequently move on to other things once I have accomplish all I can on the current thing.

Gotta do what makes you happy.

Sponsored

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
Ditto to all the above, really enjoyed reading and following along in your adventure. Sure gained a ton of knowledge from you and so thank you for that!! Godspeed brother...

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
You’ve also come to my aid a few times and I’ve appreciated your knowledge, experience, projects and stories. You took this platform to its limits and I’m great full. Best of luck with the new ride!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
should have kept the JT ;) but I was curious when we would start to loose some of the early adopter enthusiasts. All the best with the new beast and don’t mod it too hard. Merry Christmas

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
That's a badass vehicle for a family hauler! Enjoy it!
Sponsored