Sponsored

Dealer advised pull to the right is normal!

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Why do dealers even exist?
I belive the real quesiton is why have they gotten so bad. I have suggestions on that but thats a different conversation.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I belive the real quesiton is why have they gotten so bad. I have suggestions on that but thats a different conversation.
I dropped off my JT at the dealership where it was bought for the wave rotation and oil change - and PCM update.
I figured the sales people came in about 8 so hung around to chat with my sales guy, and ask the accessories lady some questions. She and I got to talking about how a friend of hers won't take her Jeep back to a dealer just minutes away, but takes it across town to where I bought. The shop. We talked a bit more about that topic and how some just seem to believe that one resolution resolves the same thing on every vehicle, or just because they had some success it one area, they'd be great in a shop. She's had people talk to her about getting a job in a dealer shop - just because they "like cars". I explained that my college class started out with 30 guys who just knew they'd be great as mechanics because they loved cars.
18 graduated, the rest dropped out along the way - they couldn't handle the math and science involved. It's sort of like we see on the web in recent years - gee, I did this and this and now it's acting funky - can't be what I did, I should be able to put anything on it.
I put 40" tires on and moved the wheels out 4" with spacers it's impressive, looks great, and now I get horrible bump steer. Damn Jeep!

It was the hot-shots who dropped out - those who had built their own cars for a while and things still worked so they should go pro.
And in some cases, that's what you end up with in shops. It's real work and requires real skills.

As far as pull to the right - there are multiple reasons for that, it's never normal as said by the gent from IL.
If it just started - what changed. If it's done that from day 1 - the list is longer. (and a warranty issue)
On the 2020 models, the steering gear TSB states that the gear can cause a "lead" one direction or the other, unbalanced stabilizer, tire pressure, the tire itself (some are defective and have a sort of cone shape to them), in Iowa, it's the constant wind or road crown.
Sponsored