Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Someone posted in another thread, a while back, that when a new Steering Stabilizer is installed it should get fully extended and retracted at least five times. They were having issues after a new install and said Fox told them it needed to be done or it could cause it to pull to one side.
Sponsored

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
First set of tires were mastercraft courser mxt. The new set are general grabber x3s.
I think it’s the nature of the tires. I’ve experienced the same thing with those exact tires. Had them on my JK, pulled slightly to the right on the highway. Got bead locks for the JK and moved them to the JT, now the JT slightly pulls. The pull moved with the tires from Jeep to Jeep.

OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Did the alignment shop do anything to correct your .5° caster lead? That will cause a pull and so will the Fox IFP stabilizer unless you relocate it with a kit like Synergy offers.
I’ve seen the stabilizer relocation bracket pop up a couple times. So relocating helps to alleviate the push some with the Mono tube stabilizers? When I read the product descriptionstgey all say it’s for relocating out of harms way and that’s about it. I might be wrong but how does moving it effect its impact on things. Should it not function the same?
I’ve also taken it it off to retest the stock setup and the pull remained.

when the alignment was done the control arms were still stock. Going to schedule an appointment with a 4wd shop to dial everything in and go from there.

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I’ve seen the stabilizer relocation bracket pop up a couple times. So relocating helps to alleviate the push some expressive with the Monticello stabilizers? When I read the product descriptionstgey all say it’s for relocating out of harms way and that’s about it. I might be wrong but how does moving it effect its impact on things. Should it not function the same?
I’ve also taken it it off to retest the stock setup and the pull remained.

when the alignment was done the control arms were still stock. Going to schedule an appointment with a 4wd shop to dial everything in and go from there.
The relocation bracket itself doesn't fix anything other than clearance per se, but locating the fixed end of the stabilizer to the passenger side and the driver side to the left where it pushes the linkage left is what helps the pull. As supplied, the fixed end is pushing the linkage to the right amplifying the pull. The IFP stabilizer by design is going to extend due to the pressure in the cylinder try to push the shaft out of the tube.

I've been out of the alignment biz for a bit, but I see the upper ball joint has cams and assume someone has a solution where the camber and/or caster could be fine tuned with an aftermarket cam. If the shop you use wants to correct the offset with the control arms....RUN! You cant "twist" the axle housing! I see this so often on vehicle running through the shop.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The relocation bracket itself doesn't fix anything other than clearance per se, but locating the fixed end of the stabilizer to the passenger side and the driver side to the left where it pushes the linkage left is what helps the pull. As supplied, the fixed end is pushing the linkage to the right amplifying the pull. The IFP stabilizer by design is going to extend due to the pressure in the cylinder try to push the shaft out of the tube.

I've been out of the alignment biz for a bit, but I see the upper ball joint has cams and assume someone has a solution where the camber and/or caster could be fine tuned with an aftermarket cam. If the shop you use wants to correct the offset with the control arms....RUN! You cant "twist" the axle housing! I see this so often on vehicle running through the shop.....
Great info on the stabilizer.

Am I wrong to assume that lower front control arms can adjust caster?

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Mine pulls to the right also. Had the steering box done which should have included an alignment but I dont think the dealer did one so I will be doing one soon to see if it helps.

I have 2.5” Terraflex lift with BFG AT’s.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Great info on the stabilizer.

Am I wrong to assume that lower front control arms can adjust caster?
Yes, do not expect to change caster side to side (Offset) by adjusting one control arm on a strait axle vehicle. Yes the alignment machine will show a change, but you are just binding the suspension and changing axle tracking. Just think about it.....Your axle is a solid beam yes? You would have to twist it to see real gains and that just not possible with the control arms! I see it done all the time on vehicles, but most alignment techs are just monkeys trying to make the screens turn green. I learned old skool with bubble gauges and tape measures where mis-calibrated machines weren't common yet!

This is the product I envision to repair the caster offset however they have it set up for camber only? https://www.spcalignment.com/compon...angler&year=2019 - 2019&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine pulls to the right also. Had the steering box done which should have included an alignment but I dont think the dealer did one so I will be doing one soon to see if it helps.

I have 2.5” Terraflex lift with BFG AT’s.
Alignment isn't required to change a steering gear, just a possible slight draglink adjustment.

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
FWIW I had the toe-in adjusted to 1/8" in on mine. She was pulling to the right slightly and now it's gone. Not sure why that made a difference, but it worked. I have the Mopar lift and 35's.

OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are some pics not sure how helpful they’ll be.
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap A19B4EC8-B367-426F-8CC9-9B92E860DCC1
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap C2727037-F0AC-44D5-8D71-785ACB5FB897
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap 78B9631A-9CF9-440F-A28A-672B72C560FE
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap FBB7BA59-5D1F-466C-BDB7-8B096A887777
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap 866DCD5E-24EF-4657-9897-E00DBA43E7F4
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to the right - Tried a bunch of crap E3D8FC48-B714-4FF2-91A0-1F0FD1270F67

OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW I had the toe-in adjusted to 1/8" in on mine. She was pulling to the right slightly and now it's gone. Not sure why that made a difference, but it worked. I have the Mopar lift and 35's.
Can you clarify what this means. Like what would I say to the shop. How does 1/8 compare to spec? Just toe in an extra 1/8?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hurley82

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on my gladiator pulling to the right.
Took it to reputable 4wd shop. They dialed in the metal cloak adjustable lower control arms. They also unbolted all suspension components and retorqued to spec. Did an alignment all numbers look good. After the visit road manners improved somewhat but it is still pulling to the right. The shop put on a set of stock tires and wheels just to check and it still pulled to the right. Finally drive it above 70mph and it pulled hard on the interstate made for a long tiring 200 mile camping trip. I’ve since tried the stock stabilizer again and without one at all. Still pulled.

I’m at a loss.
I really don’t want to keep burning money. Any thoughts on the next steps??
Options:
1. purchase adjustable upper control arms.
2. New drag link and tie rod
3. New rear track bar (Currently off 1/2 inch)
4. Buy stabilizer relocation bracket
5. Pull off the level kit but leave the mopar 2”
6. Trade it in
7. Burn it to the ground
Sponsored