Sponsored

Dealer service (or lack of) vent

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes it is 2023 but biology hasn't changed all that much, men and women still gravitate towards things they always have despite outside influences trying to reverse the roles. Some women are great mechanics but most have no interest. Alot of men probably get taken advantage of by mechanics but undoubtedly many more women do because of their lack of interest in the mechanics of vehicles.
Dude...lack of mechanical aptitude in women (and lack of interest) says more about how they were raised...it is NOT a 'biology' issue as you said. I have two girls and I will make sure both of them know their way around a vehicle. All you're doing is perpetuating stereotypes.
Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Dude...lack of mechanical aptitude in women (and lack of interest) says more about how they were raised...it is NOT a 'biology' issue as you said. I have two girls and I will make sure both of them know their way around a vehicle. All you're doing is perpetuating stereotypes.
Iam perpetuating "statistics", not stereotypes. More power to women that break the mold but we shouldn't beg women to take interest in things they have no interest in. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back though.

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
It's not just jeep... when I had my f150 all of the ford dealers in my area would make you wait weeks for warranty work and the work that they did was subpar at best

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I agree, and that’s what I was trying to do the first time, but was turned away. It definitely could be something minor, and in fact, appears this way. I was just being Uber careful having only 200 miles on it at the time to let the professionals check for anything sinister. They just discounted me full send and sent me packing for having aftermarket tires. Lol. Whatever. I appreciate everyone’s comments. I’ll trim the small piece of liner and that should fix it. If it doesn’t I’ll be heading to another dealer to have it checked for more.
Please please do not cut it!! That is not the fix. All you need to do is push it back

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Iam perpetuating "statistics", not stereotypes. More power to women that break the mold but we shouldn't beg women to take interest in things they have no interest in. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back though.
You literally said it was biology…it’s not. I can get on board the Hunter/gatherer differences but aptitude to work on a vehicle is not a genetic trait unique to men.

As for the stats, of course there are more men mechanics because societal norms have pushed it that way.

Last edited:

Tuna

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys diesel, 2016 JKU
I agree, and that’s what I was trying to do the first time, but was turned away. It definitely could be something minor, and in fact, appears this way. I was just being Uber careful having only 200 miles on it at the time to let the professionals check for anything sinister. They just discounted me full send and sent me packing for having aftermarket tires. Lol. Whatever. I appreciate everyone’s comments. I’ll trim the small piece of liner and that should fix it. If it doesn’t I’ll be heading to another dealer to have it checked for more.
Just curious, what dealer turned you away? I'm in the SoCal and pretty familiar with the local dealers in the area.
Sponsored