Sponsored

Does Model Year Matter? Any to avoid yet?

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
My 2020 manual JTR has been flawless for 4+ years and 50,000 miles besides a replaced drivers side sun visor. And that was replaced under warranty.
Been on 37’s with heavy rock rails the entire time on stock suspension.
Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
21 JTR here, as above, the only real issue I've had is a broken visor, which I put back into place with a repair bracket. (Aluminum)

I suspect I have a blown speaker in the bar, and I have a rear seat belt that creaks a lot... Those will likely need to be repaired or replaced on my own, but they're simple fixes. (Don't think either are under warranty, since I'm over 40k now)

Used as a DD, and has been used on a number of forest and fire trails... Light rock climbing, but plenty of trees.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

~ Casp

Bluetoad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Retired
There are so many "classic" rides I want to rebuild, but unfortunately the demand is so high for these that even a barn rescue bronco frame will set you back $20k at least. Same for Scouts, Defenders, FJ's, etc...
Here's a classic been sitting for 2 years with a dead battery and too much going on make an offer...

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Ive had a lot of old 4x4's. 70 Bronco, 75 Bronco, 90 Bronco, CJ7 with 304V8, '14 JKRU, and many more. My 22 JTR is one of the best ever.

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Here's a classic been sitting for 2 years with a dead battery and too much going on make an offer...
THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I'm in love

Do you know what the asking price is?

BigDKY

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Would avoid the 2021 model myself and others have had many problems with the PCM, auxiliary battery, and O2 sensors having to be replaced with very few miles on the vehicle causing check engine light to be on for prolonged periods or the vehicle being undriveable. I liked The truck a great deal prior to these problems. I guess some shortcuts may have had to be took during pandemic and with shipment delays etc. then.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Like any other vehicle, avoid any 1st model year, highest chance for defects and manufacturing hiccups. Of course any model can be perfect, and model can be defective, Human's build and design them. I'd argue 2023 is best ATM if you don't mind the added standard tech, If you prefer the more standard bare bones 21' later build is good. Like stated though, just avoid 2020's, could be fine and can be worth the gamble, just higher likely hood of issues.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I bought a 10/21 date of manufacture 2021 Rubicon and it's been flawless mechanically in the 8,000 miles I have put on it so far.

I do have some paint bubbling on the hood but that's not limited to the 2021 MY.

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
I have a 21 Sport Max Tow with just over 19,000 miles and haven't had any issues.
I hope I didn't just jinx myself;)
Sponsored