Sponsored

Driveshaft Center Support Bearing

JeepnJohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Rubicon
Hey Guys,

I need to replace my driveshaft center support bearing (mount and bearing) I’ve found many Mopar ones online that look like a match, but nothing that lists it as the gladiator version. Do you know where I can find one?

15CAF920-DF1D-46F8-AB13-236D440EC25C.jpeg

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
John

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
On the Gladiator JT, the center support bearing is not a separate serviceable part and is part of the whole rear driveshaft assembly. You have to get the whole rear driveshaft assembly to get a replacement center support bearing.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Check and see if your truck is covered by the driveshaft replacement recall. If not, look at one of the aftermarket driveshafts that don't use a center support and bearing.

OP
OP

JeepnJohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the Gladiator JT, the center support bearing is not a separate serviceable part and is part of the whole rear driveshaft assembly. You have to get the whole rear driveshaft assembly to get a replacement center support bearing.
That’s too bad. Thanks for your reply.
John

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepnJohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check and see if your truck is covered by the driveshaft replacement recall. If not, look at one of the aftermarket driveshafts that don't use a center support and bearing.
I did read about the recall, not sure if it’s covered, but worth a try.
Thanks

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What Mr. Bill said and look for a aftermarket one piece. There is some used OEM ones on EBAY but that has it's own risk.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hey Guys,

I need to replace my driveshaft center support bearing (mount and bearing) I’ve found many Mopar ones online that look like a match, but nothing that lists it as the gladiator version. Do you know where I can find one?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
John

Are you out of warranty?

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
thats some serious .gov type shit right there. Goodness.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
thats some serious .gov type shit right there. Goodness.
Agreed. Kind of wish I knew who in FCA engineering made that decision and smack them. AFAIK, just about every other brand truck with two piece rear drive shafts run with a replaceable center support bearing.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Agreed. Kind of wish I knew who in FCA engineering made that decision and smack them. AFAIK, just about every other brand truck with two piece rear drive shafts run with a replaceable center support bearing.
jeep has been able to get a little lazy. I hope the bronco causes toyota and jeep to get hungry again.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Jeep doesn’t give a crap about that. They source the drive components from suppliers, and they build them as cheap as they can. It’s all about profit.

OP
OP

JeepnJohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So your very first post is a question about where to find something which is likely under warranty? Welcome to the forum. BTW- Where did you get that photo? It’s not from a Gladiator...
That photo was most certainly taken from a gladiator. I was there. It’s my buddies. What I have found out recently is that he had his driveshafts upgraded when he had his lift, wheels, regearing, and tires put on. I didn’t know that when I made the post.
Sponsored