First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I was looking around the shop this morning and found left over hose from an Amsoil remote filter/bypass kit I installed on a 6.6l Duramax. It was shipped with 1/2 hose. Now I'm thinking that 1/2 might be on the overkill side for our smaller engine, but a good balance between flow/loss and compact size for install.

Another thought on the thermal switch to control the fan.......Why not install it on the return side? This was IF the cooler can reduce the temps a bit without the fan, it would only turn on when seeing a bigger load. If @Samfamaz could give us a temp reading on the return, we could properly select a temp switch?
I like your plan/setup for the thermal switch- auxiliary guage? (Assuming)?

pmpmstrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD, JLUWD
Our maybe that's the same thing? 😀
It is ;). Pretty sure it's going to be necessary to remove the mufflers to make enough room. Did you buy one or fab one up yourself? The only place to put an oil cooler on my wife's JLUD is where the muffler is. I picked up some 3" pipe yesterday to make a muffler delete.

Samfamaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Diesel Gladiator

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Construction Planning Supervisor
I just had a derate and I was only doing 60 miles an hour my oil temp was in the 220s my coolant temp was in the 2-teens. My trans temp was 199 tho

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I just had a derate and I was only doing 60 miles an hour my oil temp was in the 220s my coolant temp was in the 2-teens. My trans temp was 199 tho
Air inlet temps?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
did you stop for gas or lunch before the derate?

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
did you stop for gas or lunch before the derate?
yeah I did stop at a gas station just before it must’ve been the heat soak however how could it be when the numbers are good

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because it's heat soak. The engine is a hot engine and when left to site it will imbue heat into random bits that then trigger issues.

Either idle while getting fuel or let the engine run for a few minutes before shut down.

Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
yeah I did stop at a gas station just before it must’ve been the heat soak however how could it be when the numbers are good
I am with you on this, What sensor was being read that indicated the system had a problem, and had to pull boost/power? If its not any of the temp indicators as previously thought, than what is it?

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am with you on this, What sensor was being read that indicated the system had a problem, and had to pull boost/power? If its not any of the temp indicators as previously thought, than what is it?
I took off to accelerate up to merge onto the hwy, it was up hill and right around 40 it just stopped giving power. Pulled over checked temps at the same time and temps were good. Maybe 20-30 seconds I tried to take off when I had an opening got up to 60 put the cruise control on and right away the cruise kicked off and started to lose power. Did this one more time at 50-55 and same result so I pulled over again. All temps on my banks gauge and on both the off-road jeep radio app and the gauge cluster were all normal. Only thing “high” was 190’s trans temp but I’ve seen those temps before so I’m not sure.
I’d like to find what I was missing and monitor it on the banks. Also it’s almost 20* cooler than I have taken this same hill multiple times with no issue and stopped at the same stop with no issue.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took off to accelerate up to merge onto the hwy, it was up hill and right around 40 it just stopped giving power. Pulled over checked temps at the same time and temps were good. Maybe 20-30 seconds I tried to take off when I had an opening got up to 60 put the cruise control on and right away the cruise kicked off and started to lose power. Did this one more time at 50-55 and same result so I pulled over again. All temps on my banks gauge and on both the off-road jeep radio app and the gauge cluster were all normal. Only thing “high” was 190’s trans temp but I’ve seen those temps before so I’m not sure.
I’d like to find what I was missing and monitor it on the banks. Also it’s almost 20* cooler than I have taken this same hill multiple times with no issue and stopped at the same stop with no issue.
i had a similar experience like that