Edelbrock E Force coming soon.

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
Has anyone else installed an Edelbrock SC on a Gladiator yet besides Trailrax? Seesawing back and forth between the Maggie and this, and was looking for more feedback on driveability. I tried to see if there was an updated dyno sheet for the JT from Edelbrock today and for some strange reason their tech dept is closed up until Monday, could be the impending move someone posted about.
Really just looking for some extra torque to pull a small camper and just wanted something that is pretty solid on the tune/wouldn't need to pull out the laptop at every gas stop, lol. Thx!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I got some data on this. Towing a full 7600lb load, with multiple passes up baker grade (7%), in 110deg heat, the highest they got the ait's was 46deg over ambient. Back to back to back to back to back pulls at WOT in rapid succession on the dyno netted a 12deg increase to AIT's.

The 1900 is a big boy blower. For comparison, the 1320 came stock on the B8/B8.5 S4, and the 1900 came stock on the CTS-V.

Looking over the efficiency maps at our power and boost levels, even projected out to 18psi and built motor power level, i dont see the 1900 having a massive advantage. Its the ability of the 1900 to fill a larger motor. The Magnuson side car orientation does allow for a much larger intercooler though, which I think would pay dividends when you turn up the wick? I think the 1320 can feed this motor fine, as long as the heat exchanger holds up with more boost, and id guess at stock levels a non emission tune would give the Edelbrock more meat on the tq curve. It would also be much easier to port the Magnuson for meth injection in the cover between the blower and the IC than it would be the Edelbrock. Very interested in your thoughts.

Livernois Magnuson non-emission legal 93 tune vs Edelbrock canned CARB approved 93 tune w/ TCM tune below. Edelbrock stock dyno figures are identical to Livernois

226D8EE9-0367-4056-AEA7-C24E102308C6.png
7F32C37B-924B-4AC9-9576-E3BFEF63C8EF.jpeg

TVS 1320 and 1900 compressor maps:

BC4233D6-2C54-4949-9C81-A5F4B773602E.gif

392B7B5A-BD9C-478D-AE68-AE522DEBC87B.gif
Important to note the performance differences at ~6500 RPM, unless you have a tune that lets you go higher... either one is still an improvement over stock.
I start to see boost kick in at ~3200 RPM on my JK if I'm mashing the pedal hard enough, otherwise normal performance.

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, this showed up today...
Jeep Gladiator Edelbrock E Force coming soon. 20210428_191442

So...
Jeep Gladiator Edelbrock E Force coming soon. zel8

One thing I was wondering for anyone who might read this and picked up a spare ECM/PCM for their install... Edelbrock has some info that needs read off the ECM, namely the OS for tune purposes. If I get a used spare ECM and send that in to them, would I be able to just hook the spare up to my vehicle harness and read the spare's OS, or is that bad juju? Thanks!

TrailRax

First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, this showed up today...

So...

One thing I was wondering for anyone who might read this and picked up a spare ECM/PCM for their install... Edelbrock has some info that needs read off the ECM, namely the OS for tune purposes. If I get a used spare ECM and send that in to them, would I be able to just hook the spare up to my vehicle harness and read the spare's OS, or is that bad juju? Thanks!
Congrats! We used an HP tuners ECM which basically unlocked the whole computer. Going that route might be real nice if you plan to do any sort of tuning down the road.

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! We used an HP tuners ECM which basically unlocked the whole computer. Going that route might be real nice if you plan to do any sort of tuning down the road.
Thanks TrailRax - and thanks for the 411 on how things are going with the SC on your Gladiator! I've been thinking about this and probably need to hit up Edelbrock because I have some more questions after reading through the directions (which are updated vs what's out on their site to DL).

Since the kit comes with the HPT RTD and 4 credits, was now thinking that sending the used ECM to Edelbrock to unlock would achieve the same thing as buying one from HPT. If I buy a used ECM and send that to Edelbrock for unlock (with the current OS/stock file from our Gladiator), I can just keep the one that came with the Jeep so my wife can drive it until the unlocked ECM comes back and I can do the install. Then install the unlocked ECM, flash with the tune, and go. Anyone think this is not going to work?

Also need to hit up Edelbrock about the tune selections. They tell you to specify if you want the 91 or 93, but I'd prefer to get them both as I plan on pulling a camper to western states (91 octane file), but 93 is what they sell around here on the right side of the US.

Anyway, onto other things, installing some 5.38's today in place of the 4.88s. :like:

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
When I did my install I bought a new ECM and had the dealer install and flash it to my truck. Then I drove the truck on that and sent the factory one off to be unlocked and flashed by Magnuson. I am surprised they are asking about 91 vs 93 octane. There is high octane and low octane timing maps. I would not populate both with premium fuel settings, the low octane map will be welcome if you get bad fuel or have to run on something less than 91. You need to check if they include trans tunning. It will take more credits if it is an auto. In my opinion if your doing this right, it is needed, but I am not sure any supplier is actually doing it. One last ramble, the reason I am surprised about the octane question is because the VVT tables need to be retuned for forced induction anyway, so at that point if they are splitting hairs on octane you can bleed boost to regulate cylinder pressures. My latest tune has a pretty VVT strategy and it makes a night and day difference.

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I did my install I bought a new ECM and had the dealer install and flash it to my truck. Then I drove the truck on that and sent the factory one off to be unlocked and flashed by Magnuson. I am surprised they are asking about 91 vs 93 octane. There is high octane and low octane timing maps. I would not populate both with premium fuel settings, the low octane map will be welcome if you get bad fuel or have to run on something less than 91. You need to check if they include trans tunning. It will take more credits if it is an auto. In my opinion if your doing this right, it is needed, but I am not sure any supplier is actually doing it. One last ramble, the reason I am surprised about the octane question is because the VVT tables need to be retuned for forced induction anyway, so at that point if they are splitting hairs on octane you can bleed boost to regulate cylinder pressures. My latest tune has a pretty VVT strategy and it makes a night and day difference.
Roger that, and will definitely try to get clarification on how the tune accounts for octane and post up for record. Earlier in this post TrailRax did get two different dyno sheets from Edelbrock for the different octane ratings and that seems to go along with their verbiage in their instructions. The instructions also show flashing files to both the ECM and the TCM.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Tcm will be flashed with edelbrock. They push less ignition timing on the 91 octane map. Why its two separate tune choices vs tables in the ecu i cannot say.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Tcm will be flashed with edelbrock. They push less ignition timing on the 91 octane map. Why its two separate tune choices vs tables in the ecu i cannot say.
Does the kit include HP tuners RTD or MVPI? TCM is inside the transmission. I'm curious.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
You can flash the TCM once the powertrain ECM is unlocked. It takes 4 licenses I believe. Part throttle boost, to be effective and smooth will take tcm tunning

Sponsored

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Does anyone know if the carb certification is automatically good for 2021 models? The ARB doc just says 2018-2020.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
No. Unless it says it, the answer is NO. Ain't CARB great? CARB is also the reason I can't have nice fuel cans.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
NATO steel cans with fuel resistant coatings and free flowing locking steel nozzles.

As they don't contain vapors or stop the dreaded dribbles, they are outlawed in my state, a CARB aligned state.
Sponsored