• Watchers 8

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Again. why does everyone assume brown people cant do advanced things. while its not simple, its not impossible.
What the f&%@ does brown people have to do with this? Maybe I'm saying that you would have to be stupid to want to do something like this, when you have to pass emissions checks every year. Maybe I'm questioning the brain quotient or the sanity of the OP (yes, you) when I ask a question like that. Why somebody would want to open themselves up to being a step away from a felony, is beyond me. But, you do you, and when you disappear from the forum for a while, I'll have a good idea why.

If you had said something like that to my face, I would have likely punched you right in the mouth.
Sponsored

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
What the f&%@ does brown people have to do with this? Maybe I'm saying that you would have to be stupid to want to do something like this, when you have to pass emissions checks every year. Maybe I'm questioning the brain quotient or the sanity of the OP (yes, you) when I ask a question like that. Why somebody would want to open themselves up to being a step away from a felony, is beyond me. But, you do you, and when you disappear from the forum for a while, I'll have a good idea why.

If you had said something like that to my face, I would have likely punched you right in the mouth.
Some folks don't have emissions testing. I don't have emissions testing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

not everyone has emissions, and just cause you dont agree with it, doesnt mean we are insane. forums are to ask questions. my issue is i had an idea and wanted to see what everyone thought. also i would say this to your face cause its irritating that everyone assumes mexico has no technical talent.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So what happens with emissions delete vehicle when you eventually decide to get rid of it and move on to something else? Is converting back to stock feasible or do you just do a private party sale to the next guy? I would imagine most dealerships could not touch it for a trade in for lot stock or just super low ball it and kick it to auction as is.

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

So what happens with emissions delete vehicle when you eventually decide to get rid of it and move on to something else? Is converting back to stock feasible or do you just do a private party sale to the next guy? I would imagine most dealerships could not touch it for a trade in for lot stock or just super low ball it and kick it to auction as is.
i will probably end up in the scrapyard when im done with it

Sponsored

GoatPowder

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Most trade-ins go to auction anyway after a certain age, I've traded in a couple deleted trucks over the years and never had an issue; either they didn't notice or didn't care.

Otherwise, yeah it takes all of a couple hours to fully reinstall the aftertreatment and DEF tank (assuming you haven't physically removed the EGR, that's the time consuming one)

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
i will probably end up in the scrapyard when im done with it
It’s like they don’t understand how you run your shit?? Some people have these trucks as toys and nothing more !!
Also I find the statements about Mexicans not having the skills to do this very entertaining. How many manufactures have moved production to Mexico?? The big 3 ALL have plants there…. Are they bringing people from Ohio or perhaps they ship whites in from Montana?? I doubt it. Sounds to me like it’s Mexicans doing the work in Mexico?! Lmfao 🤣 would I trust a shop there to do the work ? Yes absolutely if they were reputable and I could speak the language. I know your already stage two any how but I would think the only question would have been bringing it back into the states and even that seems unlikely

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Crossing the border would be no problem. Long as you don't roll coal. Border agents are looking for drugs and bodies. Not deletes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

It’s like they don’t understand how you run your shit?? Some people have these trucks as toys and nothing more !!
Also I find the statements about Mexicans not having the skills to do this very entertaining. How many manufactures have moved production to Mexico?? The big 3 ALL have plants there…. Are they bringing people from Ohio or perhaps they ship whites in from Montana?? I doubt it. Sounds to me like it’s Mexicans doing the work in Mexico?! Lmfao 🤣 would I trust a shop there to do the work ? Yes absolutely if they were reputable and I could speak the language. I know your already stage two any how but I would think the only question would have been bringing it back into the states and even that seems unlikely
FULL SEND 100%

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Again. why does everyone assume brown people cant do advanced things. while its not simple, its not impossible.
That comment was pretty obnoxious. You ought to strongly consider deleting it.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
If it’s not disclosed in the sale paperwork, whether to a dealer or private party, it’s an easy law suit. On top of attorney fees for both parties the person that sells the vehicle will have to pay parts and labor to install it on the vehicle. This doesn’t include criminal charges, fines and defense fees for that as well.

Of course, if you’re sending it to the wrecking hard when your done, you only deal with the fines and legal fees if you get caught, unless you sell it to the wrecking bars without disclosing the emissions component removal. The value of these parts is figured in what the wrecking hard pays you for the vehicle.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
My question exactly. IF that's the case then why is the EPA going after diesel mods first?? Those who have been fined, etc. have mostly been diesel mod products. The EPA is hammering diesels hard. Gas engines run cleaner.

And here's some info from the government - first, a hint for mechanics working on modified vehicles:
Do not work on tampered emission controls unless repairing them to their original condition - otherwise you can be held personally liable.

And what constitutes tampering -
Tampering with, or selling a vehicle that has been tampered with may result in monetary penalties. The components of a vehicle emission control system that can be tampered with include, but are not limited to:

catalytic converter
air injection system
evaporative emission system
exhaust gas recirculation (egr)
system fuel inlet restrictor
oxygen sensor positive
crankcase ventilation (pcv)
computer command controls
thermostatic air intake system
diesel particulate filter

Engine warranties can get really sticky since they can't work on any part of an engine that is part of emissions unless they put everything back and make it pass emissions. Take it in not passing and need work done, it can get tricky. If a main bearing fails, that's different, that's got to be covered, oil seal leak - same thing, but if there's an issue that's connected to tune or emissions, they can't touch it unless they make the emissions parts right again.
Controlling the means of production by using Nox to handicap, cut diesel efficiency. Who is going to buy a $60k Model 3 with a fraction of the range of a $30k TDi Jetta getting 70-80 mpg? Many countries in Europe had 7x or more diesel vehicles in operation despite having zero difference in smog levels or health issues. That is a reality that the data promoted can't explain away. China and india have the highest smog levels despite China having a more similar diesel to gas ratio of the US. Manufacturing, mining, and production are the main causes of man made emissions and particulates.

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
1. I would not trust any tuners in Mexco. It is more that cutting shit off and slapping a strait pipe one. You need ECM tuning to make any improvements.
2. Nobody at the border gives a rats ass what you do to your truck.
C. Do you really trust the vehicle enough to take it out of warranty? Personally I don't trust my diesel any farther than a tow truck will run from my dealer.

he said he didn't trust mexico lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

baja is coming up in a few months. ima spend some time digging around for additional talent while im down there.
Sponsored