Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Mine doesn't have the issue. I remote started today and the ambient temperature on the display red 37 when it started up. as I'm driving the temperature went up. Of course, in the garage there is a difference of temperature and sometimes when it's cold outside the garage isn't cold enough to activate the heated elements.
Sponsored

DanHillAK

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 92 BMW M5 Touring, 2017 Volvo XC90
Mine was having a whole bunch of issues. I cleaned off all the mud and it seems to be working properly now.

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
Mine was having a whole bunch of issues. I cleaned off all the mud and it seems to be working properly now.
do you know specifically where the sensor is?

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
i still don't understand how its even remotely possible that the sensor is reading in the 40-50 degree range when the jeep has literally been sitting outside all night in single digit to low teen's temps. not running, no block heater plugged in etc.....being off a few or even 5 degrees isn't a big deal....20 degrees or more, something is not right.
What was the last reported temperature when it was parked last night? It's possible it's reporting the last temperature it saw before the sensor was shut down.

Sponsored

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
What was the last reported temperature when it was parked last night? It's possible it's reporting the last temperature it saw before the sensor was shut down.
Its not doing that though it sounds like that has happened to several guys. That said, The last time it did it to me, temp at shut down was 28 on startup it read 43......after sitting outside all night in approx 20 degree cold, block heater not plugged in. I believe actual temp air temp was 22 per weather bug and the readout after I started driving.

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation
Owner....Freeman Tire Co. Inc.
So who's taken it to the dealership and had it looked it? Or are we hoping it'll fix itself.
There is a setting in the Menu to turn it on and off .....Hard to find but it is there

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation
Owner....Freeman Tire Co. Inc.
There is a setting in UConnect when to have three heated seats come on if temperature dictates. Mine is set for remote start, but others may have it set for anytime.

Vehicles Equipped With Remote Start
On models that are equipped with remote start,
the heated steering wheel can be programmed
to come on during a remote start.
This feature can be programmed through the
Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings”
in “Multimedia” for further information.
Yes, It is in the uconnect menu......turns on and off......read the manual.....

Surffisher2a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave and 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
IT Manager
my wife is having this problem with her 2021 Wrangler Sahara that she just got last month. Heated seats and steering wheel don't come on when she remote starts it. Temps have been in the high 20's to low 30's here some morning. Temp sensor on the radio is saying its 55 outside when its not even close to that. She drives 2 minutes down the road and the temp sensor drops to the correct reading.

I have not had my gladiator long enough to see if I have the same issue. FWiW she does have a service apt scheduled later this month with the dealer for a rattle problem with the one touch and they are going to troubleshoot the sensor issue as well. If anything comes of it i'll mention it here. I have serious doubts that they actually find something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
iadslgladiator

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
my wife is having this problem with her 2021 Wrangler Sahara that she just got last month. Heated seats and steering wheel don't come on when she remote starts it. Temps have been in the high 20's to low 30's here some morning. Temp sensor on the radio is saying its 55 outside when its not even close to that. She drives 2 minutes down the road and the temp sensor drops to the correct reading.

I have not had my gladiator long enough to see if I have the same issue. FWiW she does have a service apt scheduled later this month with the dealer for a rattle problem with the one touch and they are going to troubleshoot the sensor issue as well. If anything comes of it i'll mention it here. I have serious doubts that they actually find something.
If they tell you it's because the sensor doesn't read right unless the vehicle is in motion, ask them to explain to you why they would design it to function off a sensor not designed to read right while stationary. If that's what it is, then Its obviously a design flaw/defect they need to come up with a solution/fix for.

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard rubbing Vaseline on the sensor helps correct the issue.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just went outside and started up my Gladiator. Temp read accurate - 38 degrees. Last time I used it the temp was around 50. Now, I did just remove the battery terminal in order to reset the check engine light - it's reading a vapor sensor fault and my gas cap is tight - so that may have had an impact in that it did not have the last temp stored. And the seat and stearing wheel heaters were turned on.

howerch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Site manager For Siemens Gas Turbines
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised nobody has even heard of a solution as it is seems to be relatively common. I really feel like a bitch complaining about these upscale ammenities in a jeep but like I said, for a 65k vehicle i expect shit to work right......
Ill probably call the dealer and see what they say. I have no intention of letting them have it for several days to screw with it. But if they claim to "know" ill probably let em take a crack at it.
Pleaselet us know what they say

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator high altitude
Im running into the same problem 2021 high altitude gladiator got off work remote started the Jeep for 10 mins went out to the Jeep and the heated seats and steering wheel wasn’t on. Temp was 33 but the Jeep was saying 46 until I drove down the road for 2 miles then it corrected itself. Has anyone actually went to the dealership? I’m going in this week
Sponsored