Sponsored

Factory Service Manual

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
There's always the Dark Web. (It's not just for naughty stuff.)

Good to know a legitimate, USB copy is available. I'm thinking $120 isn't cheap, but it's reasonable.
Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
If they sell It to you on a USB...what stops a group of say 6 people from each kicking in $20, buying It, copying It to 6 USBs...and then everyone is happy🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
If they sell It to you on a USB...what stops a group of say 6 people from each kicking in $20, buying It, copying It to 6 USBs...and then everyone is happy🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
It's probably encrypted, most likely serialized, and requires the original thumb drive/dongle to run.

Kevin

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It's probably encrypted, most likely serialized, and requires the original thumb drive/dongle to run.

Kevin
I have had both a CD and USB from Tech Authority and they write some type of root folder encryption to the original media.

When you try to copy it to another drive, it gives some error and fails to launch from the HTML shell it uses with Internet Explorer. The individual PDF files will launch directly but since the contents is within the HTML shell, it makes it gangly trying to work it in anything other than the original CD or USB media they send it to you in.

I would imagine if someone had a long weekend and a Tech Authority Subscription, they could download the multitude of individual PDF's and then spend probably a few weeks making another HTML contents shell to launch from but that would still probably not be enough juice worth the squeeze. I know a few manufacturers have come down on people making like things and selling them using copyright laws as justification. I know of one Ebay seller that got smacked by Toyota pretty bad over the same thing.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Yeah I figured It would be something like that unfortunately...

Sponsored

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
just ordered both. Thanks

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Anyone purchase the USB version lately? It’s out of stock from mopar. I wonder if they stopped producing it on a USB drive.

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
still there $210
Looked last night, 2021 service manual still not available, possible February release date. Tech Authority has been stringing us along for over a year now. Always keeps pushing the date out.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I ordered the 2020 Wiring USB. Not many differences between it and 2021. All I can think of is the battery grounds are arranged slightly differently.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the 2020 Wiring USB. Not many differences between it and 2021. All I can think of is the battery grounds are arranged slightly differently.
Yeah, which one has the stud and goes on first onto the IBS. No biggy. They still go to the top of the IBS on the main battery. And then the one for the main battery has a smaller cable going to fender ground stud. Good glasses and a light will show that so if that's all that's different.......