bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
Good morning scuuuud
based on what i have installed so far, it is almost plug and play. because i want to stay as close as possible to the factory setup,i have started to take the interior of the jeep apart to run the wiring along the main harness inside. once everything is installed, you have to activate the CVPM thru the Body control module. i have asked J SCAN for help in this area to allow me to active the CVPM. the part number for the interior harness is 68416875AD
Sponsored

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Good morning scuuuud
based on what i have installed so far, it is almost plug and play. because i want to stay as close as possible to the factory setup,i have started to take the interior of the jeep apart to run the wiring along the main harness inside. once everything is installed, you have to activate the CVPM thru the Body control module. i have asked J SCAN for help in this area to allow me to active the CVPM. the part number for the interior harness is 68416875AD
Did you buy the entire wiring harness just for the camera wiring?

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i bought the entire interior body wiring harness..

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i bought the entire interior body wiring harness..
Are you going to replace the the entire wiring harness or just use the wiring from it for the camera?

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I stripped out the wiring that i needed for the camera.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked with my dealer and I do not have the CVPM. I do have LED lights, 8.4 radio and adaptive cruise control. Just hope the right wiring harness is there.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
these are the pictures below that i said i would post. i have the wiring installed up to the front passenger seat. the one problem that i am going to work on is the power source because the multi wire connect is located behind the right side instrument panel.
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5791.JPG

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
these are the pictures below that i said i would post. i have the wiring installed up to the front passenger seat. the one problem that i am going to work on is the power source because the multi wire connect is located behind the right side instrument panel.
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5791.JPG
That's quite the progress!

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
tomorrow's project is to complete the wiring on the passenger side to include the power. as i work my way to the driver's side, i am removing the video cable for the rear camera so that i can possibly use that for the trail camera up front. as i go to the driver's side, i have to take the center console completely a part so that i can run the can buss wiring. this i believe will not be fun. i will take a picture of the interior completely a part.

Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
I pulled my back panel off to add better subwoofers and saw bunch of electronic stuff. Not sure what all of it is. Doesnt look like i have the cvpm. It looks like i have some other device that bryanklay doesnt have. Going tonsell my owm sub if anyone interested.

20200419_105329.jpg

20200419_105915.jpg

20200419_105925.jpg

20200419_110257.jpg

20200419_110205.jpg

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tomorrow's project is to complete the wiring on the passenger side to include the power. as i work my way to the driver's side, i am removing the video cable for the rear camera so that i can possibly use that for the trail camera up front. as i go to the driver's side, i have to take the center console completely a part so that i can run the can buss wiring. this i believe will not be fun. i will take a picture of the interior completely a part.
Have you been able to get anywhere with this?

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
mtpilatus and all,
i am sorry that i have not done an update on this project, but due to my students, i have been a little busy with online instruction. over the weekend, i removed the entire interior of the jeep and ran the video cables from the cvpm to the front right side of the jeep. as i was running the wires, i was removing the video cable for the rear camera to the radio. i am going to use that video calbe to go from the front camera to the interior. i also ran the power for the cvpm to the front as well. i had to stop there because i had to figure out how to get thru the firewall which i now have a clear understanding of how to do this. this was understood when i watched the video on how to install the aux switch block. on monday, i stopped in to the stealership to see what the cost would be to activate the system when i am ready. the cost will be $120. i hope to complete the wiring this weekend.

Jeep Gladiator Factory trail camera install? 20200418_171237

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you for the update. quite the undertaking.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
In hindsight I really wish I would have paid the extra 525 or whatever for the camera.. It seems the camera, screen washing, wiring system and video processor much less the install was really worth it. Oh well, next vehicle I suppose.
Sponsored