Sponsored

Factory Trailer Brake Controller releases ...EDIT: STILL WAITING

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
Will this be an easy option to add on if you already have the truck?
Sponsored

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Will this be an easy option to add on if you already have the truck?
I don't have my Gladiator yet ( a couple of weeks) but my sales manager that seems very knowledgable and reliable stated when the trailer brake does come out it will be "plug and play". Obviously the wiring is already there but also the space in the dash is there. If someone purchased the smokers option he stated the trailer break would replace that module.

OP
OP
B345T

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Will it be available as a flash on trucks without it?
I will find out when the brake controller arrives - hopefully will be able to flash it into my truck.

ralphtt

First Name
Ralph T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have a part number for the trailer brake controller? I'd like to place an order with the local dealer and he has no information yet . . .

OP
OP
B345T

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Does anyone have a part number for the trailer brake controller? I'd like to place an order with the local dealer and he has no information yet . . .
I will post it when I can get one ordered my parts guy is looking for it daily (weekdays)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I had planned originally to use the factory brake control, gave up got tired of waiting and ordered the wireless Prodigy RF. Waffling again and returned the Prodigy this morning in great anticipation of the Mopar Control finally coming out. Talked to my parts manager yesterday and of course she had no parts number or info. Hoping someone can find a parts number that we can work with. I still like the idea of a plug and play factory spec brake Control. I had one in my F-150 and it was so easy to use.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I had planned originally to use the factory brake control, gave up got tired of waiting and ordered the wireless Prodigy RF. Waffling again and returned the Prodigy this morning in great anticipation of the Mopar Control finally coming out. Talked to my parts manager yesterday and of course she had no parts number or info. Hoping someone can find a parts number that we can work with. I still like the idea of a plug and play factory spec brake Control. I had one in my F-150 and it was so easy to use.
The factory brake controller looks an awful lot like the Redark unit:
https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Cont...MIz5D38szm5AIVh_5kCh1VpQjPEAQYASABEgJXwfD_BwE

jeep man

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep grand cherokee altiude and 2020 jeep gladiator
Looks like the next allocation (Early Oct 2019) will be a reality

JEEP Scheduling Resumes

Gladiator (JT) (JT----)(W/ XHC)
JT WITH TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL
NEXT ALLOCATION

:handsinair::please::handsinair:
hi please keep me posted on trailer brake controller and harness my dealer is not very helpful and I need to w I cant believe jeep don't have a trailer brake controller

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
It's unlikely anyone has it as it doesn't sound like it's available yet. Jeep has mentioned it in their marketing from the very beginning including toward the bottom of the link below. I think the Curt Spectrum looks more like the yet-to-be-released OEM version than the Redarc. Someone posted a really nice install of that one a while back.

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator/utility.html

Sponsored

OP
OP
B345T

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Close maybe under contract but not being able to plug in and work I would guess that the factory one has more features like on the ram and F-150's

iPiccy-collage.jpg

Knolow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
an obvious question missed... will this be an arm and leg as it appears if you dont pre order it MOPAR jacks up the price 100% the parts department route.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Scrolling to the top of this thread....

What is the source of this rumor?

Five dealers I have talked to know nothing.

OP
OP
B345T

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I am the OP and have direct knowledge of the announcement that it will be able to order as an option from FCA in the next allocation, now I am just waiting to get the part number for all here on the forum including @DesertDog... Tell the 5 dealers to read their daily news on Sept 12th Jeep Section.

I am directly connected to an FCA Dealer in Iowa...that is where the facts not "Rumor" comes from

Capture.JPG
Sponsored