First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Walked out today and one of the contractors put rubicon on the hood. Clearly a sport s. No other mods (stock rubber etc) why? I dont get it. Anyone else faking ( a real trim) and if a member was in satellite beach today with that truck sorry for calling you out
Sponsored

OP
OP
ScottBeach

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
meh... it happens. I'm more bothered by the dealer packages. The dealer I bought from has a habit of cranking out what they call the "Black Diamond Edition". When I took the galloping goose home they had a JKU Moab out front with all the grebles and geegaws bolted on rolling on 37's. Turns out one of the my clients executives leased it.

Hood graphics, fender badges, logod center caps, it was unique. But it did have JPP axles and lift and suspension so... yeah still way way way too much fat for my tastes.

But as for liking a trim, my rubicon graphics are covered but I added the Willys 4 Wheel Drive graphics because I like the look. Since my red shocks are long gone, who knows.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
When I had my Rubicon, all the soccer moms would tell me how much they wanted a Rubicon. One even said how much she loved those hood decals! Of course I would ask them how much rock crawling they did in their Escalaaad.... just a glassy stare at that point. 🤣

Here’s most relevant hood sticker, for those that put a lift on your Jeep and have no idea what you are doing! 😁

Jeep Gladiator Fake trim levels? FCD7A580-078E-4B75-8C8C-2F2703445B5F

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Kind of an odd thing to do. If you like the decals, just get some made that look similar that say “Gladiator” (or Wrangler if that’s the case) and move on.

It’s not so much a “I don’t have a Rubicon, but it looks like it” thing for me (mine will likely look similar to a Willys edition when I’m done) as much as you know damn well when it gets traded in, the dealer will try and sell it as one if the potential buyer isn’t paying attention.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I thought about it, wife said she likes it. Red on orange took a while to grow on me.

As for fake badges, what about adding an M?

Their ride, their choice.

I know of Rubicon owners that have completely debadged.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
It’s not so much a “I don’t have a Rubicon, but it looks like it” thing for me (mine will likely look similar to a Willys edition when I’m done) as much as you know damn well when it gets traded in, the dealer will try and sell it as one if the potential buyer isn’t paying attention.
100x this. Dealer tried to pass off my truck as having the 'off-road' package, which implies some very specific non-visible things. This being the early 00's, I was less in tune with what the visible things to look for should have been, and all I had to go by was the stickers he added. Not a huge deal any more, I've eventually built it the way I like anyways, but I've always hated that they 'got away' with that.

This dealer has been out of business for more than a decade, btw.