I love the ground truth from a tech

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
What he's saying about pulling the body off to do pretty much anything is exactly what a tech, fresh back from training on the Hurricane, told me. It's a freaking nightmare.
Related video

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
all i want is a reliable form of more power from the factory available with a manual transmission. Why they can't put a 5.7 in these things i'll never understand.

The 3.0TT looked like an exciting potential option, but that level of disassembly needed to work on one? no thanks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What he's saying about pulling the body off to do pretty much anything is exactly what a tech, fresh back from training on the Hurricane, told me. It's a freaking nightmare.
Related video
No different than the current JLU 4xe. Body off to replace the transmission.
No big deal to most techs. Talked to the guys at our dealership about the work done on our own 4xe - they have the equipment and training and it's just not a big deal for them. Even battery replacements are a body-off thing according to one guy, requiring a special lift for the battery packs.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Overall happy with the 3.0 for daily… for “jeeping” I am definitely going back to a tj/LJ and putting a 2.8 Cummins in it…. More than enough torque, fuel efficient, no emissions bs. Little more than half the weight of the newer jeeps.

New is cool… but I think we will just pick up a model y or a Porsche for a newer daily vs staying on board with the direction Jeep is going.

The 3.0 is a pain to work around for room….. I can’t even imagine working on this hurricane from home 🤮

Last edited:

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
No different than the current JLU 4xe. Body off to replace the transmission.
No big deal to most techs. Talked to the guys at our dealership about the work done on our own 4xe - they have the equipment and training and it's just not a big deal for them. Even battery replacements are a body-off thing according to one guy, requiring a special lift for the battery packs.
I think the unspoken point here is that the days of doing much of your own work are being erased by "technological advancements".

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I think the unspoken point here is that the days of doing much of your own work are being erased by "technological advancements".
This is true… I make enough money, but this doesn’t mean I want to hand it over via $150-$200 an hour to a Jeep dealership for taking care of things…. Literally half the fun of a Jeep is working on them and modifying them…. Getting on a computer to check transmission fluid levels, or the 900 sensors they have for everything is “ok” I get it, this is how efficiency is pulled…. But pulling the cab for access is not my game….

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
This is true… I make enough money, but this doesn’t mean I want to hand it over via $150-$200 an hour to a Jeep dealership for taking care of things…. Literally half the fun of a Jeep is working on them and modifying them…. Getting on a computer to check transmission fluid levels, or the 900 sensors they have for everything is “ok” I get it, this is how efficiency is pulled…. But pulling the cab for access is not my game….
Yeah, if you're going to make a vehicle that requires that kind of effort to some traditionally simple to moderate service tasks, like that rubber hose they point in the video, then go all the way and make it fully modular. Make it like taking the top and doors off. Make it like a desktop PC.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiNewbCB

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Related video

Like the old 6.0 Powerstrokes, for Studs and Head Gaskets.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Make it like a desktop PC.
how old is your PC?
The days of build your own and modify hardware in seconds is all but gone unless you get a gaming desktop. There's a huge move to the "all-in-one" like Apple pioneered decades ago.
Laptops and desktops often have weird memory configurations that make upgrades more difficult.
I used to buy case, motherboard, video card, power supply, etc. etc. of my own choosing - today, check out stores like Best Buy, Costco and others and see what the offerings are. You can still order and build, but it's not like it used to be.
The days of "my type of computer" are gone - heck, the video card is 3/4 of the bloody system. All I wanted was a good computer - but to get some of what I wanted, it was like buying a 2024 model year Gladiator - you must buy high-end gaming machines to get that stuff - you must buy a X model to get those seats.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Saw that and did not post because it was all rumor. Nothing solid.
And yet once again we all speculate based on someone getting tons of money while they sleep over a video that's speculation but they word it just right and appear in the know.
No one knows - not until a Jeep engineer inside FCA says so.

I think we need to ask Scotty what he thinks......... he'll know!

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
What's stopping them from using the BMW inline six like the Ineos Grenadier? Is it also huge like the Hurricane?
Sponsored