Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I talked to them yesterday. Now December 1st. No. I’m not dumb enough to believe that either.

What really blows my mind though is when Jeep Cares says to “Contact your local dealer” !!!!

I’m sure everyone has tried that plenty. ALL the dealerships within 50 miles of Salt Lake are completely clueless about pretty much everything. There’s no point in listing all the things they are wrong about here.

The ONLY accurate information I have ever gotten is from this forum.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Canadian Update......Spoke with the dealership yesterday, they told me that the brake controller is finally in their system for orders to arrive in Dec 2020, price is not listed, and did not give me the part number, they just told me that if I want to come down they can "pre-order" with no obligation (no money down)….my dealer is pretty good, they know I want a controller for both the JT's in the driveway

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I sure hope they’re right. Be advised, however, that many dealerships have advised that they are available for “pre-order” along with a part number and date. These dates have come and gone many times. I have fallen for them multiple times myself..

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I have even gotten two official letters from FCA apologizing for the delay with new availability dates. Same story each time.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have even gotten two official letters from FCA apologizing for the delay with new availability dates. Same story each time.
I'm not going to pre-order, but thought it was interesting that this was the only Canadian update since the part number was released in U.S.

CDN_Launch

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch
I am still using a controller I bought on kijiji for $50 and the adapter for ram with pin swap. I’ll wait until they have it in stock in Canada and get it.
I put my controller in its box under back seat when not needed and sit it in front of 4wd shifter when I use it, cable tucks up under dash when not in use.

Works great, just a bit of a hassle, but I don’t tow frequently.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Had one on order for months. When it arrives, if, I will post a pic! Stay tuned. Snicker.....

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Maybe FCA is still trying to negotiate a deal on vibranium from Wakanda
Vibranium is honestly more likely to be a thing than this brake controller....

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Another laughable update today:

Trailer brake controller part number 82215652 will not be available in December. (anybody surprised?)

“ Possible “ availability next February

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Jeep customer care has sent me five or six emails simply saying to contact my dealership and have them order the part. This must be a computer generated email because this has gotten completely bat shit crazy.