Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
I like the idea of the stick in netting, except my front doors are off until November. Guess I need both stick and traditional/h3r (or figure out another place for stick, under seat with velcro or something). Wouldn't hurt to have backup.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well, this is what I ended up with and doing. Fits good and seems sturdy. I now it is not as easily accessible as one would like but it is quick and easy to get to.

fire extinguisher .jpg
What kind of mount did you use ?

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
BAT. That is the mount that came with the fire extinguisher.
Amerex Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher - B417T - 2.5 Pounds

Reactions: BAT

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
One of the nice things about getting some sort of fire suppression device in your vehicle is that if it’s also your everyday vehicle you then have the superpower of “guy that always has fire extinguisher XX’ away”.

Mother in law sets Turkey on fire in oven? Lawnmower backfires into pile of leaves? Kids doing fireworks wrong again? Got drunk and used too much gasoline to start the campfire? Bam, quick solution is only as far away as your Jeep is, crisis averted, purchase justified.
Very good to remind people of stuff like that, years back a kid that lived a few houses down started yard grass and pine needles on fire. 4 fire extinguishers and 3 garden hoses going to stop the fire before catching house on fire. Fire extinguisher (s) slowed it down.
Saturday morning on way home from work seen car with under hood fire, vehicle burned to scrap metal in probably 2 minutes.
The "good" thing about the JT is it's got a lot of plastic and aluminum in it light weight, the bad thing is it's largely aluminum it burns at about 4800° AKA thermite.

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure this will be my final configuration. The Bracketter does technically fit, but I’m not satisfied with the fit. Plus, you lose just about all fore/aft seat adjustment with it installed, so had to install on the passenger side. Might get a second plastic clip like the one that comes with the Element and hang from the middle sport bar cover.
Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 30AD6E62-6481-42D5-BA1C-93D7369BCBE0

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 7141BCE2-0323-46C9-8739-0BE6B6707A83

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
$300-$900?! Are they refillable? I would rather buy four of these Element units and stash them around the Jeep.
They are refillable. I went with element extinguishers not only in all the Jeeps, but around the house and garage as well.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
Mounted my Element, drivers side on the roll bar. Used velcro straps to secure it.

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 51C0B6E2-276D-4864-8C35-908A57C4E33D
So I ended up getting some of the element extinguishers to add to my existing home/vehicle ones and you’ve made me immediately regret getting the seat bracket mount. That looks slick as heck.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
So these elements are sweet. I didn’t get my roll bar mount yet but for you other rubi owners this is a great cheap mount option. I had bought this pack of molle crap for the D hooks, and the elastic thingies are working great for this for now.

BOOSTEADY Kit of 30 Attachments https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P77FX74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QEQqFbB31QD7A

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers 1695AD8E-5FFB-4B32-BF15-6AECE1E10045

Last edited:

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I need to order one and throw it in the side door netting

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
My seat rail mounted Element fire extinguisher saved my all original (aside from recovered front seat) '29 Woody today from turning into ashes.

I was moving some of the cars around and pulled the woody to the end of the driveway where it started billowing smoke. Turns out a wire shorted under the dash and caught the dash area on fire. I ran to the Gladiator (and another vehicle I had nearby), grabbed two elements (just in case) and it snuffed it out. I'm glad that it did because the cowl mounted gas tank is literally inches from where it was burning. Well, that and the fact that the body is made of wood could have made it very interesting.

The funny part is that a town fire truck (followed by the local fire chief) happened to be driving past (no idea why, it was on a side street I guess they were cutting through) when it started billowing smoke. They were literally 50 feet from the Woody when it was burning. I had the Element out and activated before they got out of their trucks. They were clueless as to what the Element was, but appeared impressed on how it worked.

Best part is that the Woody survived with only minor damage (I guess I needed another full vehicle wiring project for the winter anyways) and no fire extinguisher residue damage. Maybe it will survive for another 91 years. :clap:

I know some frown on the Elements, but it worked fine in this situation. Being mounted on the driver's seat rail made for easy access. And, I didn't even have to use the Safecraft Halon from the a different vehicle I had outside..

(Photo for visual.)

Jeep Gladiator Fire extinguishers Woody

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
In case anyone is interested in the Element fire extinguishers, they currently have 15% off, 1 free extra mount and free shipping over $99. I think it ends December 1st at midnight. I just ordered a few more.

https://elementfire.com/
Discount code: EFHS20

Last edited:

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my Fishbone holder and Black bottle. Easy to grab if needed. Purchased my set up from Quadratic.
One of the best mods I've done.
PXL_20201126_001234191.jpg
Sponsored