Sponsored

First post and a nightmare story of a warranty!

DeepBluDreams

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Medical Delivery
Hey, First post to go along with my first brand new vehicle.

Long story short, I spent many many years driving a wreak of a 2008 Ram 2500 Gasser I had since high school, was on it's last legs but the old girl let me save enough money to buy my dream car. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I drove home in a brand new 2021 Aqua Blue Jeep Gladiator Mojave with every option save for adaptive cruise control, MSRP well over 60,000 Dollars, with a vehicle of such cost I expected easy warranty service....and that's when the horror starts.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! 20210626_154142 (2)

The dealership I purchased the jeep though was great, Jeff Belzers out of New Prague, Minnesota is a place I will always come back to, however the problem is I live a solid hour and a half away so to save time I thought I could use the nearby FCA/Stalantis/Whatever lingo they are called now dealership if something went wrong.

Something did go wrong, something stupid and minor to the point I considered fixing it myself, my front left dash speaker vibrates badly at certain frequencies, it's not an unknown problem in JTs and JLs so whatever, no big deal....or so I thought.

I get an appointment with Adamson Motors in Rochester, Minnesota (my home town) to do a warranty claim, I get a bad vibe the moment I drive into their service bay about a week later, service writer is grumpy and almost dismissive of me, entire place is stupid busy and understaffed, he looked angry that I even took the time out of my day.

Next thing that goes wrong is they do NOTHING to protect my interior when they took it to work on it, no seat covers, no wheel covers, no booties or paper floor mats, they put their oily boots all over my nice carpet....ok i guess whatever, I just want this issue fixed at this point.

It's gone for about 45 minutes, I get called into the cashiers office and told to leave, the service writer nor the tech came to tell me what they did....and what they did was nothing, so much nothing they did not submit a warranty claim to FCA and just assumed it was this way on purpose and I must be an idiot for playing with it.
Jeep Gladiator First post and a nightmare story of a warranty! whatthefuck (1)

you know, the 9 speaker Alpine deck that I spent 2,000 dollars on to get. The report I got given by the cashier makes no sense, the tech claims he used a app on his phone to create a tone to reproduce the issue, he states that a 40-45HZ sound causes the issue and it does....but blames it on high volume causing it....that's not how sound waves work, if a tone at that frequency is causing the issue it happens at all volumes, frequency and amplitude are different things....I confirmed this when getting home and being rather upset (Sorry for the profanity in the video, but for those watching turn your bass down and you'll hear the thing shaking like a MF)

So I did the last thing I could at this point, I complained to jeep themselves and I spent a good half hour on the phone with a Jeep Wave rep that got a scan of this report and the video, I was told an investigation was being launched for failure to warranty and they would replace this speaker regardless as the jeep is brand new with 1200 miles at the moment.

That's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll update this when I get more info or something changes.....Long story short, avoid Adamson Motors like the plague, they don't know what they are doing.
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Make sure they don’t overfill your oil if you ever change it there. That’s common too for some of the stealerships—your mileage may vary with the knowledge or willingness to diagnose an issue. For my wife’s 2018 JLU Sahara, I had some terrible brake squeaking that started around 9K miles into owning it. They told me the clips on the pads were loose. They replaced them. The problem was back in 500 more miles or so, I complained about it every couple of months. They said my brakes were covered in mud. Try again turd! It’s my wife’s daily driver and she doesn’t off road it! It’s never seen mud! They tried to tell me they can’t keep cleaning the brakes every time I come in for an oil change and tire rotation. I told them their solution is to fix the brakes if they want to stop cleaning them. I’m not paying for something they neglect to do correctly.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
This will happen anywhere with any company dealership. Now you know to NOT go there. Find yourself a good dealership nearby.

Post up in the regional section and ask for recommendations by you.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh. Do sorry to hear that.

I have a Jeep dealer 5 minutes from my house. But all my warranty and service work is done at the dealer San hour away.

Your description of the dealer and agent was nearly identical of my experience at the local place. I spoke with the service manager and have them the benefit of the doubt... We all have bad days. After the third strike, I'll never go there. Speak with your wallet and find another place.

Don't let this experience all the hard work you did in getting your JT.

BTW, beautiful JT and color!

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Ugh. Do sorry to hear that.

I have a Jeep dealer 5 minutes from my house. But all my warranty and service work is done at the dealer San hour away.

Your description of the dealer and agent was nearly identical of my experience at the local place. I spoke with the service manager and have them the benefit of the doubt... We all have bad days. After the third strike, I'll never go there. Speak with your wallet and find another place.

Don't let this experience all the hard work you did in getting your JT.

BTW, beautiful JT and color!
This.

Remember, dealerships make their money from service. Don't go and pay anything (even under warranty stuff) to a place that does something like this.

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Hey OP, at least the dealership looked at your vehicle.

I have a pretty good water leak from the top rear of my passenger side door (2020 Glad- 5100 miles- owned for 1 year, 2 weeks). Its so bad that I have had standing water in the passenger footwell and I now have to leave my carpet out of the truck. It drips down the inside of the door, onto the door panel and splashes onto the passenger seat. And, now my wife no longer wants to get into my truck since she has to sit on a wet seat and get splashed. (Plus it goes inside my door panel so is probably going to effect the power door lock and window regulator.)

I called my local Jeep dealership for an appointment. I've gone to them twice already for service (did not buy from them- bought out of state). They wouldn't even give me an appointment to look at it. They said "we don't have a water tech". I told them I have photos and video of the leak and their reply was "it doesn't matter". Although, they were kind enough to offer up the name and number of a company I can PAY to take a look at it. Of course I declined. They then said to shop around and maybe someone else would look at it. They also said they don't know if would be covered under warranty (why not?). But, they wouldn't even look at it to determine that.

This all makes me wonder why I bought an extended warranty when a Jeep dealership WON'T EVEN LOOK at my 1 year old truck with 5K miles that cost me $50K. I guess I'm crazy to think that our warranties are valid at ANY Jeep dealership within the US and, if you are under warranty, they must at least look at it.

(And for those who will just say "Jeeps leak".... this isn't my first Jeep. I'm okay with a drip here or there but not a steady run of water inside my truck when it is raining.)

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey OP, at least the dealership looked at your vehicle.

I have a pretty good water leak from the top rear of my passenger side door (2020 Glad- 5100 miles- owned for 1 year, 2 weeks). Its so bad that I have had standing water in the passenger footwell and I now have to leave my carpet out of the truck. It drips down the inside of the door, onto the door panel and splashes onto the passenger seat. And, now my wife no longer wants to get into my truck since she has to sit on a wet seat and get splashed. (Plus it goes inside my door panel so is probably going to effect the power door lock and window regulator.)

I called my local Jeep dealership for an appointment. I've gone to them twice already for service (did not buy from them- bought out of state). They wouldn't even give me an appointment to look at it. They said "we don't have a water tech". I told them I have photos and video of the leak and their reply was "it doesn't matter". Although, they were kind enough to offer up the name and number of a company I can PAY to take a look at it. Of course I declined. They then said to shop around and maybe someone else would look at it. They also said they don't know if would be covered under warranty (why not?). But, they wouldn't even look at it to determine that.

This all makes me wonder why I bought an extended warranty when a Jeep dealership WON'T EVEN LOOK at my 1 year old truck with 5K miles that cost me $50K. I guess I'm crazy to think that our warranties are valid at ANY Jeep dealership within the US and, if you are under warranty, they must at least look at it.

(And for those who will just say "Jeeps leak".... this isn't my first Jeep. I'm okay with a drip here or there but not a steady run of water inside my truck when it is raining.)
Yeah that is not ok...I would call Jeep corporate to see if they would do anything and then go to the BBB and your State Attorney General to see if they would look into it. If you had an aftermarket product on there like a Bestop or something like that I could understand them saying they cant cover that, but if its OEM then they are legally bound to cover it. Jeeps are one of the most modified vehicles out there and its kills me that they also think that these modifications are causing unrelated issues.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
A lot of dealers give priority service to 'their' customer. The local Honda dealer I worked for even sold 'preferred service' options to some of the most assenine of riding groups-wingers. Other customers work came to a halt to allow the wingers front of the line service. Warranties are from the manufacturer. Dealer FB page? Post up.

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
I went through a similar situation with my Titan. I had some steering clunks and other dash noises. The closest dealer is 45 minutes from me. The dealer I bought from was 2.5hrs. So I took it to the close one. Bunch of a-holes. So the next work I had done went to the dealer I bought from. Couldn’t have bent further backward for me. Both Nissan dealerships. It’s amazing how the attitude of one person at the shop can sour the rest and make it really miserable.

I bought my gladdy from Jeff Belzers also, their new Roseville location. Great folks to work with. They paid me too much for my Titan though it’s still on their lot from early June lol.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
go to the BBB and your State Attorney General to see if they would look into it.
Whoa whoa whoa. I totally agree that he's getting the shaft from the dealership, but you need to talk to Jeep first and give them the chance to make it right. You can't just go from "I have a problem and I feel like I'm being ignored" to "I want to sue you" without doing the steps inbetween (and most improtantly, GIVE THEM TIME TO CORRECT IT). Contact your state's attorney general? That's quite the drastic step, and hugely unnecessary. Dealerships are far from perfect and all have their "personalities". That doesn't mean you call a public servant over it without at least addressing your problem with Jeep and giving them time and opportunity to make it right.

Yeah I'll agree that dealerships should be more willing to work with customers sometimes. They get too prickly and defensive. And sometimes there are reasons for that. But this is a two-way street. You can't be a stuck-up arrogant ass to the dealerships and expect them to roll over for you. You must also be willing to work with them. Sometimes it takes some effort.

This forum is full of over-reactors.

Sponsored

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa whoa whoa. I totally agree that he's getting the shaft from the dealership, but you need to talk to Jeep first and give them the chance to make it right. You can't just go from "I have a problem and I feel like I'm being ignored" to "I want to sue you" without doing the steps inbetween (and most improtantly, GIVE THEM TIME TO CORRECT IT). Contact your state's attorney general? That's quite the drastic step, and hugely unnecessary. Dealerships are far from perfect and all have their "personalities". That doesn't mean you call a public servant over it without at least addressing your problem with Jeep and giving them time and opportunity to make it right.

Yeah I'll agree that dealerships should be more willing to work with customers sometimes. They get too prickly and defensive. And sometimes there are reasons for that. But this is a two-way street. You can't be a stuck-up arrogant ass to the dealerships and expect them to roll over for you. You must also be willing to work with them. Sometimes it takes some effort.

This forum is full of over-reactors.
So you should take a bit of your own advice and relax. You need to look at what I wrote before you get all upset..lol. What was the first thing that I said? I said "Contact Jeep corporate." then go to the BBB didn't I? So you seem to be getting your panties in a bunch for no good reason.
Additionally, he said this wasn't the first time he's been denied by that dealership, so I suggest that you read the posts better before you comment.

Not sure if you work at a dealership or not, or why you are taking this post so personally but the guy shouldn't be denied by his dealership for legitimate concerns. And your notion that that it "Sometimes it takes some effort" for dealerships to fix your truck under warranty is the reason why people get sour on dealerships. It shouldn't take "some effort" for a dealership to fix an item under warranty.

Suggest you stop and think about what you write before you hit the Post Reply button.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Yeah that is not ok...I would call Jeep corporate to see if they would do anything and then go to the BBB and your State Attorney General to see if they would look into it. If you had an aftermarket product on there like a Bestop or something like that I could understand them saying they cant cover that, but if its OEM then they are legally bound to cover it. Jeeps are one of the most modified vehicles out there and its kills me that they also think that these modifications are causing unrelated issues.
OEM hardtop. Only mods so far have been a front bumper lightbar, Rubicon take off wheels and some decals.

And to think I gave them all 10s on the survey for the last service I had there :headbang:.

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OEM hardtop. Only mods so far have been a front bumper lightbar, Rubicon take off wheels and some decals.

And to think I gave them all 10s on the survey for the last service I had there :headbang:.
Yeah brother, I feel your pain. It shouldn't be this difficult for a company to stand by their product.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
So you should take a bit of your own advice and relax. You need to look at what I wrote before you get all upset..lol. What was the first thing that I said? I said "Contact Jeep corporate." then go to the BBB didn't I? So you seem to be getting your panties in a bunch for no good reason.
Additionally, he said this wasn't the first time he's been denied by that dealership, so I suggest that you read the posts better before you comment.

Not sure if you work at a dealership or not, or why you are taking this post so personally but the guy shouldn't be denied by his dealership for legitimate concerns. And your notion that that it "Sometimes it takes some effort" for dealerships to fix your truck under warranty is the reason why people get sour on dealerships. It shouldn't take "some effort" for a dealership to fix an item under warranty.

Suggest you stop and think about what you write before you hit the Post Reply button.
See my previous post RE: over-reacting. We can now add false assumptions and a lack of understanding of the warranty repair process dealerships must go through. You are not helping. His problem 100% needs to be looked at. You are just inflaming the situation.