• Total voters

TexasJeep

First Name
Kita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My dealership did have me come in to document the customer request or create a case number and ordered them with no questions asked because there was a TSB issued on the problem. I just said I wanted them replaced before I have a major problem and referenced the TBS as a known quality problem. The replacements are certainly a thicker mil and better quality inner front liner. Good Luck!
I can't get my dealer to order them apparently. I complained almost a year ago!
Sponsored

TexasJeep

First Name
Kita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I complained almost a year ago and my dealership has not done anything about it. They said they ordered them but just keep telling me they have not come in. Now I'm seeing where other dealerships have replaced them. Mine vibrate so badly when there is a high wind that I have to reduce speed to be able to drive.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I complained almost a year ago and my dealership has not done anything about it. They said they ordered them but just keep telling me they have not come in. Now I'm seeing where other dealerships have replaced them. Mine vibrate so badly when there is a high wind that I have to reduce speed to be able to drive.
So why are you accepting this sub par service? There is quite a few ways to put pressure on them to resolve this by going up and down the food chain or finding another dealership that will handle it.

Me personally, I would be bugging that dealership until the point they either fix it, tell me to fuck off or threaten me with a trespass/restraining order.

Sometimes in life, you just have to push people into making them do what they need to do.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The new inner fenders are noticeably thicker. Finally got mine replaced after some back and forth with the dealership. And to make things worse, when I got the call that my Glad was done, the rep told me that they only did one side and didn't have the parts for the other side (even after calling me to tell me all parts were in). Well the rep had no idea what he was talking about as when I got there I checked, and both were replaced. Won't be using that rep again... ugh! The people at some of these Jeep dealerships are sketchy, I've have more bad run in than I've had good... :-(
I sincerely hope you don't mean P/N 68270814AD and 68270815AD because mine are still thin and to think Jeep went thinner is insane. Definitely feel like I'll be doing aluminum in the not so distant future because my driver side wont' go back into place after pulling the fender to do LED turns.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I sincerely hope you don't mean P/N 68270814AD and 68270815AD because mine are still thin and to think Jeep went thinner is insane. Definitely feel like I'll be doing aluminum in the not so distant future because my driver side wont' go back into place after pulling the fender to do LED turns.
The issue, discussion and FCA TSB fix deals with the early Rubicon models only as they have a different fender and liner setup. Sport, Sport Max Tow and Overland models are not considered affected by the issue.

Sponsored

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Hah! I noticed last week that our passengers side front well liner looked like it has been rubbing on the inner tire. The passengers side liner feels 1/2 as thick as the drivers side and I can see that air pressure behind it of flowing over it may suck it towards the wheel at speed.

Leoparddog

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ, 2005 TJ, 2020 Gladiator
I'm not sure where to put this question but it is related to the inner fender. I backed into a stump with my front fender and broke a brace that goes between the inner fender and the outer painted tender on my JT Rubicon. I've been scouring the MOPAR parts websites and can't find this waffle looking piece. There is a part called a Sill Cover (68394597AA) but its not the right part. I ordered one and not the right size or shape. The outer painted fender is fine, just a couple of attachment point on this part are broken and I should be able to fix it with push pins and a couple of new rivets. The two busted tabs are on the left in this photo. Can anyone point me to the right part to fix this?
Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders 20200610_192636

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I'm not sure where to put this question but it is related to the inner fender. I backed into a stump with my front fender and broke a brace that goes between the inner fender and the outer painted tender on my JT Rubicon. I've been scouring the MOPAR parts websites and can't find this waffle looking piece. There is a part called a Sill Cover (68394597AA) but its not the right part. I ordered one and not the right size or shape. The outer painted fender is fine, just a couple of attachment point on this part are broken and I should be able to fix it with push pins and a couple of new rivets. The two busted tabs are on the left in this photo. Can anyone point me to the right part to fix this?
Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders 20200610_192636
Try asking @AllMoparParts.com here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/what-can-we-do-for-you.21910/

Sponsored

Chevy6772

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Truck Driver
This just happened to me today on the passenger side! I stopped to fuel up and smelt something like burnt plastic. When I looked, a quarter chunk of the inner liner was hanging on by a thread and had been riding against the tire rolling down the highway.

Seadoonut

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock-4 door
This just happened to me today on the passenger side! I stopped to fuel up and smelt something like burnt plastic. When I looked, a quarter chunk of the inner liner was hanging on by a thread and had been riding against the tire rolling down the highway.

Seadoonut

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock-4 door
Same for me. Going in tomorrow! Heard it rubbing when I picked it up in November so I pushed it in. Got 35's and no sound. The past month it started rubbing on left turns. I looked and it released again and rubbed through. A truck that stickered at $64 and they can't make durable wheel wells for it. SMH

XTRMSKI

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Adding myself to the list....
I find it extremely hard to believe Jeep didn't encounter this issue.
Ironically, I experienced this near Vail Pass, which I think is where they do some of their towing tests. Fortunately I had seen this thread prior to my trip, so I was aware it could happen. Nothing like pulling over on the side of I-70 with some zip ties and less than 2000miles on the odometer :)

Welp...I had this issue fixed back in September...unfortunately, the new, "better" fender liner ripped out again yesterday.
Heard massive rubbing from the driver's side front fender. Pulled over to find this:
Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders IMG_4267

Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders IMG_4268

Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders IMG_4269

Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders IMG_4270

Jeep Gladiator Flimsy Front Inner Fenders IMG_4274

I'm concerned if I toss rocks or sling mud up into that now exposed area I could damage something (exposed wiring, etc...) this week...not great timing.

@JeepCares I had a previous case with you because LA CDJR tried to charge me to replace the fenders and pay for their "diagnostic fee."

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Well if anyone is in Idaho & wants a set I have mine still in good shape sitting on my garage floor. I installed the bushwacker fenders & they call for cutting down & re-using the front liners & I just tossed them in the crap pile with the fenders & will put in aftermarket liners. I wasnt having an issue, but looking at these things its obvious it was just a matter of time.
Sponsored