Sponsored

Flush mount lights rear bumper

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
I'm great with architectural drawings, can build you a house, even wire up a house, but when it comes to electrical schematics, definitely not a forte of mine. I see where they list them on the layout, just need a visual on those plugs.
Wish there was an electrical manual - my Honda electrical manual had pictures of all the plugs so you knew exactly what you were looking for.
Sponsored

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
And I'm all for the spit-balling session. I'm just throwing what I've found out there and looking for some minds to figure it out. I can only find one diagram for the JLs (of which they also have the Euro / Asia spec) and they all make mention of the rear fogs with the single option for a switch. This makes me think that you are either right or you just replace / add what you may or may not have.

So, not sure if it is the switch that makes the difference or how the BCM digests the number of button presses you make. Obviously the interior switches will have different part numbers even if the difference is just a label. I say since @Mightytalldude has plunged on the light purchase, we should be finding out soon! :clap:

For reference, the series of button presses with result below for Euro / Asia:
@DiscoDino can you check the tag on your bumper wiring harness, it'll be near the left frame rail bumper mounting bracket. That would give us a better idea what we're looking for and needing. It'll look like below but upside down, I rotated this one.

IMG_20200307_164018.jpg
Just need the bumper wiring harness number off the Euro/Asia market units, and the rest should be possible programming. Any idea if a Tazer would be needed to turn on those features, or is the computer smart enough to sense what's plugged in and go from there?
Hi guys - shared my JTR's VIN with AllMoparParts' Benny so he can help with the specifics you may need for the conversion.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Just need the bumper wiring harness number off the Euro/Asia market units, and the rest should be possible programming. Any idea if a Tazer would be needed to turn on those features, or is the computer smart enough to sense what's plugged in and go from there?
Hopefully a plug and go if the body control modules are the same across the trims and region specs. Provide wiring and initial signal and you may be in the money.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Hi guys - shared my JTR's VIN with AllMoparParts' Benny so he can help with the specifics you may need for the conversion.
I'm ready to buy whatever harness has those plugs, and be the test monkey for this mod. The fog light housings are now processing, so just waiting on them to move to shipped. With the amount of clips on this wiring harness looking like 20+, I'll have to judge if I need to pull the bumper or not after I get the right harness. I'll definitely test it off the bumper before to make sure everything works. Thanks @DiscoDino !

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Thanks @DiscoDino ! I gave Benny a heads up youā€™d be reaching out, so Iā€™m glad to hear. Iā€™ve got the ongoing conversation going with him, so hopefully he can provide some good news.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Wish there was an electrical manual - my Honda electrical manual had pictures of all the plugs so you knew exactly what you were looking for.
that was awesome when swapping the wrong honda engine into another honda.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm ready to buy whatever harness has those plugs, and be the test monkey for this mod. The fog light housings are now processing, so just waiting on them to move to shipped. With the amount of clips on this wiring harness looking like 20+, I'll have to judge if I need to pull the bumper or not after I get the right harness. I'll definitely test it off the bumper before to make sure everything works. Thanks @DiscoDino !
Thanks @DiscoDino ! I gave Benny a heads up youā€™d be reaching out, so Iā€™m glad to hear. Iā€™ve got the ongoing conversation going with him, so hopefully he can provide some good news.
You three rock!

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Benny @AllMoparParts.com got back with me.

68309781AB is for the interior headlamp switch that will include the rear fog light functionality. As was mentioned, our existing US switch may in fact work and the difference may simply be a different label. I think it best to try what weā€™ve got first unless you really want the label.

For the rear bumper harness, he has a part number which includes the rear fog light sales code, so we are to assume this is what is needed. He does caution that this harness includes the connector for rear park sense, so if that isnā€™t an option on your truck, youā€™ll have unused connectors. Heā€™s working through pricing, so I suggest working with @AllMoparParts.com since he has been so helpful and can get the ball rolling.

Steel bumper - 68406685AC
Plastic bumper - 68406684AD

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the rear bumper harness, he has a part number which includes the rear fog light sales code, so we are to assume this is what is needed. He does caution that this harness includes the connector for rear park sense, so if that isnā€™t an option on your truck, youā€™ll have unused connectors. Heā€™s working through pricing, so I suggest working with @AllMoparParts.com since he has been so helpful and can get the ball rolling.

Sweet! I don't even need all the wires, just the plugs.
I guess its possible our chassis harness has the fog wires to the back......its POSSIBLE.
But i'm guessing it doesn't, so I'll just run a wire up to the front and tap into the fog lights. When I turn the fronts on, it'll send power to the back.

Need to run some wires for additional reverse/scene lights anyways.

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Benny @AllMoparParts.com got back with me.

68309781AB is for the interior headlamp switch that will include the rear fog light functionality. As was mentioned, our existing US switch may in fact work and the difference may simply be a different label. I think it best to try what weā€™ve got first unless you really want the label.

Saaaweet! And there goes my wallet, again.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Saaaweet! And there goes my wallet, again.
Let us know when he figures the pricing out! I'm interested in it as well. Wondering if that is all that is needed or if there is a separate pigtail to go from the harness to the lights themselves.

An outstanding question I have right now is that if the harness includes park sense, does it mean that the US folks that have park sense may already have the connector for the rear fog light. Meaning the harness part number I posted above is what is used with folks that have park sense already.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Let us know when he figures the pricing out! I'm interested in it as well. Wondering if that is all that is needed or if there is a separate pigtail to go from the harness to the lights themselves.
Just waiting on a call back to order the harness.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
An outstanding question I have right now is that if the harness includes park sense, does it mean that the US folks that have park sense may already have the connector for the rear fog light. Meaning the harness part number I posted above is what is used with folks that have park sense already.
Great question. I don't have the park sensors, so won't be able to confirm that portion of it, but I'm looking at what the best method would be to cover those sensor plugs when I do install the harness. I'm thinking dielectric grease in the pin holes, and then electrical tape over and around, or heat shrink to keep moisture out.
I'm definitely leaning towards fully removing the bumper to install the new harness. Want to keep things neat and factory looking and that'll provide the best access as the harness clips look to be all over the place. Looking like 8 nuts I'll need to remove, and the bumper should slide back and out around the single tow hook I have. The trailer hitch appears to be separate from the bumper.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Got the first email response, requesting my VIN, so responded with that info, and that Benny is aware and knowledgeable about this part request. Now I wait again. Oh, and I have a recall on my Gladiator for the clutch.

Screenshot_20200310-120834.png
Sponsored