First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Got a call from AllMoparParts late this afternoon, they'll relay my parts request to Benny since he's the resident expert for customization. No other info just yet.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Great question. I don't have the park sensors, so won't be able to confirm that portion of it, but I'm looking at what the best method would be to cover those sensor plugs when I do install the harness. I'm thinking dielectric grease in the pin holes, and then electrical tape over and around, or heat shrink to keep moisture out.
I'm definitely leaning towards fully removing the bumper to install the new harness. Want to keep things neat and factory looking and that'll provide the best access as the harness clips look to be all over the place. Looking like 8 nuts I'll need to remove, and the bumper should slide back and out around the single tow hook I have. The trailer hitch appears to be separate from the bumper.
Benny got back and if you have a US spec with park sense you do NOT have the connectors for the rear fog lights. You have to get the Euro / Asia spec rear bumper harness for the rear fog lights which just comes with the park sense connectors (one of the two part numbers I posted earlier dependent on steel or plastic rear bumper).
Which may indicate that other regions have either:
A) Park sense as standard or,
B) some way to cap the park sense connectors
(since rear fog lights are mandatory and there is only harnesses that include park sense connectors)

Bad news is that the pricing and release for sale of this harness does not have an ETA despite having part numbers of what is needed. Even Benny suggests that if you are looking for something soon to fabricate your own until this can be made available.

Good news is he confirms the connector needed along with pin information for the rear fog lights. It looks identical to the one I found that's used as a license plate light connector (here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/what-plug-would-plug-in-to-this.28684/#post-465719 ), but the one I found makes mention "EXCEPT EXPORT" which may mean it can't be used for the rear fog lights for some reason. The differences I notice are that the tail light connector utilizes smaller gauge wire (0.35 for ground and 0.5 for power) and reversed polarity. Rear fog lights must need more juice than than a license plate light! In looking at the two numbers, they are the same with exception of revision being AC instead of the AA I found. My suggestion is to go with Benny's number as it is the latest revision and is accepting a larger gauge. If anything this will give a guide on what wire to use in your own harness.

His number is 68137868AC
872-857-561.gif

872-857-561_iso.gif

Pin Information
Cav
Circuit Gauge Color Function
1 L898 0.75 WH/DG FOG RR LAMP FEED 2
2 Z925 0.75 BK/GY GROUND

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
With mods I did on my Super Duty, I was able to assemble and pin my own connectors, but not really familiar with the connectors for Mopar, so not sure if they're as easy to pull apart and add pins.

IMG_20150213_100622.jpg

IMG_20150213_083930.jpg

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
With mods I did on my Super Duty, I was able to assemble and pin my own connectors, but not really familiar with the connectors for Mopar, so not sure if they're as easy to pull apart and add pins.

IMG_20150213_100622.jpg

IMG_20150213_083930.jpg
Mopar connector disclaimer that I've seen for other connectors' spec sheets...

"NOTE: When connector cavities are identified as "NO CONNECT" in the following table, there may be “Dummy (blunt cut) wires” or Cavities may be “Open”, “Plugged, or “Flashed over” depending on vehicle option content."

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Benny got back and if you have a US spec with park sense you do NOT have the connectors for the rear fog lights. You have to get the Euro / Asia spec rear bumper harness for the rear fog lights which just comes with the park sense connectors (one of the two part numbers I posted earlier dependent on steel or plastic rear bumper).
Which may indicate that other regions have either:
A) Park sense as standard or,
B) some way to cap the park sense connectors
(since rear fog lights are mandatory and there is only harnesses that include park sense connectors)
Perhaps the harness comes with the park sense connectors capped as standard.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Mopar connector disclaimer that I've seen for other connectors' spec sheets...

"NOTE: When connector cavities are identified as "NO CONNECT" in the following table, there may be “Dummy (blunt cut) wires” or Cavities may be “Open”, “Plugged, or “Flashed over” depending on vehicle option content."
Good to know. You seem to have a good rapport with Benny, so I'll stop adding to the work he's already doing. I'll have the lights soon enough, so when they come in, I'll pull the bumper, and look at the plug connections then, and see if they are user customizable for the bumper harness, and decide what steps to do next.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I have a regular harness for my Gladiator on order, figure I can play with that one, see if possible adding the pins, and running the extra wires along the existing harness for the fog lights, and then swap it over once tested and confirmed everything is good. Saves me having to pull the old one out first to do the same thing. ETA 25-27th March for the harness and pigtail connectors.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered these lights right after this thread began and have been wrestling with how to install them since. I finally settled on removing the tow hook and "modifying" the hitch and bumper. It was a complete disaster that took me 2 days and 3 blades on my cutter. The end product is somewhat acceptable but not as clean as I would like.

20200311_214231.jpg

20200311_211627.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I ordered these lights right after this thread began and have been wrestling with how to install them since. I finally settled on removing the tow hook and "modifying" the hitch and bumper. It was a complete disaster that took me 2 days and 3 blades on my cutter. The end product is somewhat acceptable but not as clean as I would like.

20200311_214231.jpg

20200311_211627.jpg
I think it looks great

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I have a regular harness for my Gladiator on order, figure I can play with that one, see if possible adding the pins, and running the extra wires along the existing harness for the fog lights, and then swap it over once tested and confirmed everything is good. Saves me having to pull the old one out first to do the same thing. ETA 25-27th March for the harness and pigtail connectors.
Check out the attached. I've got the wiring diagram for JT rear fog, but for right hand drive, so it may be a little different. As I understand it, driver rear fog is fed from the body control module C6, pin F (reference previously attached BCM document for the JL), and passenger rear fog is fed from BCM C5, pin E. This goes to connector XY552A (location for RHD attached) which then goes to XY500A (pin out attached).

Not entirely sure that our spec has XY552A, so it looks like the XY500A connector will be a good place to start for starting your project. Notice that it only includes rear fogs, license plate lamp, and ground. No rear park sense (must be another connector specific for those), so follow your existing license plate lamp wiring back for XY500A location. Also notice that you can click the links in that pdf which will take you to a pretty vast website that may end up shedding more light when you dig deeper.

Attachments

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Check out the attached. I've got the wiring diagram for JT rear fog, but for right hand drive, so it may be a little different. As I understand it, driver rear fog is fed from the body control module C6, pin F (reference previously attached BCM document for the JL), and passenger rear fog is fed from BCM C5, pin E. This goes to connector XY552A (location for RHD attached) which then goes to XY500A (pin out attached).

Not entirely sure that our spec has XY552A, so it looks like the XY500A connector will be a good place to start for starting your project. Notice that it only includes rear fogs, license plate lamp, and ground. No rear park sense (must be another connector specific for those), so follow your existing license plate lamp wiring back for XY500A location. Also notice that you can click the links in that pdf which will take you to a pretty vast website that may end up shedding more light when you dig deeper.
The XY500A plug is located after the bumper mounting point attached to the frame. That's a quick disconnect to remove the bumper without having to do the whole harness. I thought I only saw 2 wires on mine, but then I was crawling around at 9pm at night looking at connections and stuff and it's wrapped fairly well. I'll need to look closer and also see where the grounds terminate. I'll have the new harness Monday, the fog lights Tuesday, and the plugs maybe the following week. Again, I'm not as familiar with Mopar plugs and not sure if they are user serviceable like the Fords were, but I'm hoping. Also hoping if they are user serviceable, that they include the extra pins already, as sourcing those for my Super Duty took almost a week to track down.

Edit, with the bumper removal video, check at 0:43 for visual of the XY500A plug.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
The connectors are serviceable, they don't include the unused pins...you'll have to track those down. I've had luck in the past using wholessle parts sites to identify the correct part numbers

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I like this idea but I would want them as a dual purpose light .. running and brake functions... Easy to do with a led dual convertor (popular for motorcycles ). Then just tie into the existing running and brake light circuits
Sponsored