Flush Mount Tail Lights

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Ok, here is our Friday update! One thing that we had to develop a solution for is the integration of a reflector. In order for the lights to meet compliance we had to have a side reflective surface since the original tail lights have this feature. It was rather difficult to develop a way to have a reflector without compromising the overall design of the tail light. After looking into various options we redesigned the leading edge of the red lens to have a reflective surface built into it. Here is a look at the revised design now featuring the reflective lens.

Gladiator_LED_Tail_Light_JT.jpg
Hope you guys are making a ton because these are going to fly off the shelf!

Dc71z28

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
Ok, here is our Friday update! One thing that we had to develop a solution for is the integration of a reflector. In order for the lights to meet compliance we had to have a side reflective surface since the original tail lights have this feature. It was rather difficult to develop a way to have a reflector without compromising the overall design of the tail light. After looking into various options we redesigned the leading edge of the red lens to have a reflective surface built into it. Here is a look at the revised design now featuring the reflective lens.

Gladiator_LED_Tail_Light_JT.jpg
Looks great. I'm ready to pre order today!!

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Looking Good!!!!

I am curious how they will look both in the "running light" configuration during the day/night and while the brake is being applied. It doesn't appear that there is a lot of real-estate for the brake light facing rear unless the white area doubles as a white reverse and red brake light. Especially if the tailgate is down and these are the only brake lights driver will see.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looking Good!!!!

I am curious how they will look both in the "running light" configuration during the day/night and while the brake is being applied. It doesn't appear that there is a lot of real-estate for the brake light facing rear
These look somewhat similar to the factory tail lights in the 19+ Rams so I’d imagine they’d be fine. Just need some working prototypes to tease us some more!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Looking Good!!!!

I am curious how they will look both in the "running light" configuration during the day/night and while the brake is being applied. It doesn't appear that there is a lot of real-estate for the brake light facing rear unless the white area doubles as a white reverse and red brake light. Especially if the tailgate is down and these are the only brake lights driver will see.
We have resolved that concern, we now have more than adequate rear-facing brake light but we are not ready to release full details just yet. Will be an additional update soon on this.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Just need some working prototypes to tease us some more!
Who is going to be attending Jeep Beach next month? You may be able to see these in person :)

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whats the price tag on these badboys?
We have a few tooling revisions we need to recalculate and material costs are also up and down right now so we don't want to state pricing just yet but will have details when we get a bit closer to production.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
That is looking nice, I can't wait to order this.

That spot for the ACC stuff even looks good, but it is just begging for accessories. lol

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
They do look good. Is that the final design for the square in the middle? I know there was previously discussion about it since people without the sensors wont actually ever use that space....like placing a strove light or something if you dont have the sensors

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Glad I checked here, I was about to buy factory tail lights. I will wait and order these! They look awesome!!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
They do look good. Is that the final design for the square in the middle? I know there was previously discussion about it since people without the sensors wont actually ever use that space....like placing a strove light or something if you dont have the sensors
We will have accessories that are availble to add in the future. The panel is removable, when we come out with an accessory you want to purchase you can remove that panel (4 screws) and install the accessory (will install with the same 4 screws). We will make a poll and get suggestions for accessories soon but for right now we are focused on completing this design and starting testing so we can move into production quickly.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
We will have accessories that are availble to add in the future. The panel is removable, when we come out with an accessory you want to purchase you can remove that panel (4 screws) and install the accessory (will install with the same 4 screws). We will make a poll and get suggestions for accessories soon but for right now we are focused on completing this design and starting testing so we can move into production quickly.
OK....take my money.

my suggestion for the space would be purely for aesthetics.
take an image...a jeep, spartan, oracle logo (whatever). 3d print a replacement panel with the chosen image slightly raised and have the negative space light up with LED...maybe as part of the brake light function.

If it was a spartan helmet..it would look like the inside of the helmet is glowing.
Sponsored