Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

NinaFox317

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
You can get the control number quickly but you can't actually use it until it's been 30 days. I believe I read that the dealership will not be credited for the control number if it was used prior to 30 days.
Sponsored

jmjnewbold

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Air Force
You can get the control number quickly but you can't actually use it until it's been 30 days. I believe I read that the dealership will not be credited for the control number if it was used prior to 30 days.
Do you have that information so I can reference it?

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone had a dealer tell them no?

im trying to get a Mojave now and had a dealer tell me cause the chip shortage they won’t accept it

jmjnewbold

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Air Force

im trying to get a Mojave now and had a dealer tell me cause the chip shortage they won’t accept it
I have only had one, and several others telling me that if they got the vehicle on a dealer trade they won't honor the affiliate pricing.

bac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave

I had a dealer tell me he had never heard of the FCA affiliate program. That was the last time I talked to that dealer.

Sponsored

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Man this is seriously frustrating now… even the dealers taking the discount are offering me less on my trade than without the discount…

Zrikz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future gladiator?
Man this is seriously frustrating now… even the dealers taking the discount are offering me less on my trade than without the discount…
I had to sell my car to a different dealer 5 miles away from the Jeep dealer I bought my JT from.

Fortunately it was pretty painless, but dealer was offering me about $5k less than bluebook and $5k less than every other dealer was willing to pay.

Drove to the other dealer, sold it, called Jeep dealer and they picked me up 30 minutes later.

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I had to sell my car to a different dealer 5 miles away from the Jeep dealer I bought my JT from.

Fortunately it was pretty painless, but dealer was offering me about $5k less than bluebook and $5k less than every other dealer was willing to pay.

Drove to the other dealer, sold it, called Jeep dealer and they picked me up 30 minutes later.
I’ve thought about doing it that way, and a couple have even suggested it too. But the tax hit buying the Jeep outright would be pretty close to the diff to what the trade in should be

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
What is Tread Lightly Discount? (from JLWF)

The Tread Lightly Discount / The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price. Of course, using this discount does not preclude you from trying to negotiate an even better deal at more than 1% below invoice price. And you can combine this discount with current incentives.

Tread Lightly membership currently costs $100 annually (you can cancel after purchasing your vehicle). After signing up, you must be a member for 30 days before you can use the discount to purchase / lease your Jeep.

Membership Signup Process

I was a little confused how the signup process worked and how long it would take so I figured I would post my experience here.

First I signed up on the tread lightly website at the $100 "Individual level". This is very important to get the level right.

It is also VERY important to use your real, legal full name and birthday on here because you will need it later to verify it's you. I only say this because for most things, I just use the short version of my name and luckily I didn't here.

fQoXRS2.png

I did this on Feb 19 2019.

About 10 days later I got a small package from them with a nice Tread Lightly T-Shit, a sticker and a form explaining how to get my "Control Number".

They give you the Tread Lightly "Company Code" in this letter which you will use to get your "Control Number".

I waited until today March 14th (Less than 30 days!) to go try and get my control number.

You then go to : https://www.fcausaffiliates.com

You enter the company code and you'll be asked to login using your name, and your DOB:

MBeCqow.png

That'll take you to their main page where you can click "Get A Control Number"

yxHs0dB.png

Once you click the "Get A Control Number" button you'll be take to a simple form which has your name and DOB pre-populated. This means you can ONLY get a control number for the purchaser's name. Some other rules and restrictions are posted on this page but the form looks like this:

rwsDY7S.png

One you click submit here you're taken to a form with your shiny new control number on it.

Enjoy
So if i purchase this Tread Lightly membership now and order the Gladiator now will i be able to use it when it comes in or does it need to be active for 30 days before ordering the Gladiator?

RaleighRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Grey Gladiator Rubicon
So if i purchase this Tread Lightly membership now and order the Gladiator now will i be able to use it when it comes in or does it need to be active for 30 days before ordering the Gladiator?
You don't need it at the time of order. You just need it at the time of final paperwork.

Sponsored

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
You don't need it at the time of order. You just need it at the time of final paperwork.
I am trying to find out if my local dealer accepts the Tread Lightly. Is it usually an 8-15 number code? He mentioned they put it in and then it does the discount? I don't think he is exactly sure if its a Tread Lightly membership or not just that you put the 8-15 number in?

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I am trying to find out if my local dealer accepts the Tread Lightly. Is it usually an 8-15 number code? He mentioned they put it in and then it does the discount? I don't think he is exactly sure if its a Tread Lightly membership or not just that you put the 8-15 number in?
My tread lightly membership number is 7 digits.

BBALL999

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Occupation
Retired
[/QUOTE/

I received my digital packet july 16th and it allowed me to register to receive my control # the same day....On Monday July 19th I called the Internet Sales Manager and ordered a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon and they excepted the control # with no issues. I made a deposit and signed the deal all over email and the phone. Never stepped into the dealership.

NinaFox317

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
The control number probably isn't actually used until the day you get the Gladiator and the financial piece is completed. Per Tread Lightly-

• There is a 30 day waiting period to use your FCA discount—You must wait the 30 days. There are no exceptions
I don't know why anyone would use it and risk us all losing it!

BBALL999

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Occupation
Retired

I received my digital packet july 16th and it allowed me to register to receive my control # the same day....On Monday July 19th I called the Internet Sales Manager and ordered a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon and they excepted the control # with no issues. I made a deposit and signed the deal all over email and the phone. Never stepped into the dealership.
The control number probably isn't actually used until the day you get the Gladiator and the financial piece is completed. Per Tread Lightly-

• There is a 30 day waiting period to use your FCA discount—You must wait the 30 days. There are no exceptions
I don't know why anyone would use it and risk us all losing it!

There does not seem to be a 30 day waiting period any more...

Everything is now being sent via email...

I received my digital packet july 16th and it said I could register to receive my control #

the same day....On Monday July 19th...I registered and received my control #...

I called the Internet Sales Manager and ordered a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon and they

put in the control # and it was accepted by FCA system with no issues...

They emailed me the buyer sheet which showed the MSRP and the dealer invoice

and I paid the FFP price which is 1% below dealer invoice...

I made my deposit and signed the deal all thru email and confirmed over the phone.

Never stepped into the dealership.

Easy deal...no negotiating at all
Sponsored