Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

stampedingTurtles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Has anyone used this lately and gotten the discount ? With these times and dealers charging sticker price or above sticker I was just wondering if it’s worth my $100 to sign up for it only to be told at the dealership that they can honor that because of Covid , chip shortages or whatever other excuses a sales manager can think of
My gladiator hasn't been delivered yet, but the dealer said we will get the discount as long as the program is still in effect when we take delivery.

Also, an FYI that the dealer I was initially talking to said no discounts, no rebates (in spite of their being an advertised rebate on Jeep's website), all that stuff. I told them we were getting prices from other dealerships, and they still stuck firm on no negotiation: MSRP + made up fees. They claimed that their made-up fees were costs coming from Jeep and that was the "new price" I'd get from any dealership.

When I sent them the price quote I got from someone else, suddenly those made-up fees disappeared, we were eligible for the Jeep advertised rebate, there was a discount they could give us for doing a customer order.
Sponsored

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
I joined. 2 days later found out it wasn’t to going to be applicable.
Oh well. Hopefully the coupons I get are worth the $100.

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 hummer, 1987 firebird, 1929 Mercedes
hmm my company is part of the program, got a control number today and the gladiator is still on it. says its valid to 2/3/22. good deal... just waiting for my custom order to arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Dmcgee

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 RAM
Occupation
Retired
hmm my company is part of the program, got a control number today and the gladiator is still on it. says its valid to 2/3/22. good deal... just waiting for my custom order to arrive in the next couple of weeks.
Hey Quantumleap39 ... when did you place your custom order?

Sponsored

empraeu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Is it possible to use this _AFTER_ a new order has been placed? i.e im waiting on delivery to dealer, is there a point for me to apply for this program? Can i use it to get better financing?

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Is it possible to use this _AFTER_ a new order has been placed? i.e im waiting on delivery to dealer, is there a point for me to apply for this program? Can i use it to get better financing?
As long as you're a member for 30 days or more before taking delivery you'll qualify. As a courtesy heads up I would notify your dealership POC.

One thing I'm not certain on is if dealerships can reject the offer. Might look into that first by seeing if your dealership honors it, and then sign up if you have time.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I just signed up for Tread Lightly. My JTRD was ordered the other day. So I think I might spring this surprise on the salesman when I pick up the Jeep. I love crushing their little hearts. I did this when I ordered my Power Wagon and pick it up. I used my Duke employee discount at that time. That knocked $4500 off the price of the truck.

jeeprrr

First Name
Ihar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Same, I placed an order on the 17th, but just found out that this program is back, so I signed up and hoping everything will be in place by the time of delivery

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I ordered 12-1-21 and took delivery today.
I had no issues using the Tread Lightly affiliate program.

Sponsored

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Jeep Wagoneer, Challenger HC RE WB
Can this he used at any dealer? I talked to my sales guy and he said if its a rebate he thinks we can add it but if its a discount he cant.

AMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '19 GSXR750, '05 S2000
Occupation
LEO
Can this he used at any dealer? I talked to my sales guy and he said if its a rebate he thinks we can add it but if its a discount he cant.
No, have to look for a dealer that honors the discount.

RichDSport

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon, Mini
I got a control number through work. Dealer didn’t want to take it on January 31, but took it on February 1. No idea if it was “in effect” all of a sudden or if they did research overnight and figured out how it worked.

BeachBuggy

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT
I recently had a dealership say they would honor it….up until I told them I was financing with my own bank. They then told me to kick rocks.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
I just went through all this for the first time so I'll share what I learned. Much of this info is on page 1 of this thread but bears repeating and possible updates. Be sure to talk with your sales person right away to know if they'll do it.

If they will do it the program gets you a discount that could save you a few thousand dollars under sticker. My dealer also didn't put any "market adjustment" on my order either like they were with unsold trucks on the lot. A slimy dealer could still try to tack on market adjustment I suppose. But if they try, don't walk -- RUN, RUN away and find someone else. Several good dealerships are talked about here on the forum.

Doesn't do anything for financing.

I think these are all the big things to do/remember:
-Sign up first at www.treadlightly.org (fyi: min $100 membership level for discount)
-Tread Lightly! will give you a number to use when signing up for an "Affiliate Rewards Control Number"
-You'll get your Affiliate Control number right away
-Must have your Tread Lightly! membership active for a minimum 30 days before taking delivery
-Dealer must be willing to accept the discount program
-Program seems to be at dealer's discretion so they can say no at any time
-It can take an hour, a day, or sometimes more to get it approved at FCA so you may only be able to stare at your shiny new truck in the dealer's lot after it arrives (dealer can't submit paperwork until truck is on their lot I'm told)
-List of vehicles in program can change on 1st of each month. So in my case it was good when I picked up my Mojave on Jan 30th -- but discount could've gone away on Feb 1st or could go away on Mar 1st. I have no idea if it's still good this month because I'm selfish and got mine already so I no longer care ;). The only way to know for sure is to call the program "HQ" at 1.888.444.4321. They were very pleasant to deal with when I called. It seems pretty common for the sales staff to be wrong about what cars are in, or not in the program which is why it's best for you to call and ask.
-You are still eligible for any other rebates, incentives, or interest offers Jeep may have when you pick it up (sadly there were none when I picked up mine :()

If the dealership is unfamiliar with the program but still willing to try - you may end up needing to educate them a bit (as odd as that is).

Best of luck!

Ps., Tread Lightly! can get you discounts on other things too and is a worthwhile organization.
Sponsored

Last edited: