Sponsored

GDE is back and making EPA compliant tune!

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
"The fuel economy data is generated in the same manner as Stellantis did it when certifying with EPA. The following tests have to be run and then there is some averaging, contribution ratios, etc. in the EPA formula to arrive at the final fuel economy label. The tests GDE does are: FTP75, HWFEC, US06 and SC03. The ftp is more city cycle, highway fuel economy is around 40-60 mph, US06 is high speed and aggressive accelerations, SC03 is city driving with AC on, lab at 95 F with a large solar load. The factory results are available online through EPA. GDE outsources the testing to a cert lab in metro Detroit. It can be directly compared to factory." - Keith
Did they post fuel economy numbers for their tune somewhere? I might have missed that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Did they post fuel economy numbers for their tune somewhere? I might have missed that.
You didn't miss anything. I believe they are waiting for the final numbers to be released from the EPA.

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
What is the drop date on this?

Kole Miller

First Name
Kole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon jt diesel
Occupation
Dentist
"GDE modifies the combustion cycle, pilot1, pilot 2, main, post 1, post2 injections to optimize the burn for low CO2, this maximizes the fuel economy. The competitor tunes focus on power and turning off egr. There is no need to turn off the egr on the Gen3 engine. There is a high pressure egr loop and a low pressure egr loop. GDE is using the low pressure egr 99% of the time. This pulls egr from after the dpf and there is no soot in it. In this manner, the vehicle can be clean and fuel efficient along with a solid jump in performance when needed." - Keith
When you say that GDE uses the low pressure EGR 99 % time does that mean they shut off the high pressure EGR and are now using only the cleaner exhaust all together?

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
When you say that GDE uses the low pressure EGR 99 % time does that mean they shut off the high pressure EGR and are now using only the cleaner exhaust all together?
No, that would be illegal to disable any part of the emissions systems. Because of how he is tuning the motor and tweaking the ratios the lost pressure portion just ends up being what is used most of the time. Basically the motor is burning cleaning and producing less spot that would then in turn allow the low pressure EGR to stay on much more.

What is the drop date on this?
About two weeks now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
They are using tuning to manage the EGR function.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
GDE gave me the following figures for gas and TQ/HP gains on the tune:

"We are seeing 7-10% gain in fuel economy. 45hp, 80 ftlb torque. Thanks GDE"

So looks like the standard 2-3mpg increase.

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
Really excited about this and hope they offer to ship a flashed pcm as an option.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Really excited about this and hope they offer to ship a flashed pcm as an option.
GDE already said they aren’t doing that. But MRTuning is doing that now.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I tow heavy with mine. The TCM programming is HORRIBLE. The trans constantly cycles between 5 and 6 repetitively on even the slightest hills. It also tries to keep the TC locked too often. I'm starting to think that the transmission tuning they'll offer will be 50% of the puzzle here.

But 2 MPG and 80 lb/ft isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
Wxman, are you describing stock or tuned performance? I assume you're describing stock.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wxman, are you describing stock or tuned performance? I assume you're describing stock.
Stock. GDE tune isn't out yet.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I tow heavy with mine. The TCM programming is HORRIBLE. The trans constantly cycles between 5 and 6 repetitively on even the slightest hills. It also tries to keep the TC locked too often. I'm starting to think that the transmission tuning they'll offer will be 50% of the puzzle here.

But 2 MPG and 80 lb/ft isn't anything to sneeze at either.
I have the same 5/6 hunting under a heavier load and find the TC lockup and late downshift really annoying in low range especially.

I really don't want to start screwing with the tuning on this truck as I told myself I wouldn't put $40K in parts like I did with the last one......One thing leads to another and I'm done working on my own stuff!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation