Sponsored

GDE is back and making EPA compliant tune!

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Well I'm at my buddy's shop today. They are going to attempt to program a spare PCM for me. We'll see how this goes...

20211111_083913.jpg
I was watching ur progress w this, how much for another stock PCM, is it a straight buy from Mopar, and can youget it pre-programmed? What if you send a new PCM to GDE?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Got a CEL today. P026D is the code. I had the cruise set to 65 MPH and had been cruising for about a half hour when the light popped on. Any ideas what that code is for specifically?
Sorry to hear this. First thought would be to try out your back-up plan with the flashed to stock PCM you provisioned. If error persists, perhaps you could rule out the tune.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I was watching ur progress w this, how much for another stock PCM, is it a straight buy from Mopar, and can youget it pre-programmed? What if you send a new PCM to GDE?
$200ish for a new PCM through any of the online Mopar parts vendors. GDE guys were able to flash it for me by copying my existing one and pasting to the new one.

Then they want the existing PCM for tuning because it has learned data stored inside that is important.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Sorry to hear this. First thought would be to try out your back-up plan with the flashed to stock PCM you provisioned. If error persists, perhaps you could rule out the tune.
I got the P026D code in my EcoD during my cross country trip this summer. Went in with JScan, cleared the code, never saw it again. It seems to be one of those codes that comes up but might not be indicative of anything. I was at a fairly high altitude, if that may have made a difference.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got the P026D code in my EcoD during my cross country trip this summer. Went in with JScan, cleared the code, never saw it again. It seems to be one of those codes that comes up but might not be indicative of anything. I was at a fairly high altitude, if that may have made a difference.
That's what I'm hoping, that it was a fluke. Seemed odd for it to set that code on flat ground with the cruise set and very little load on the engine. I cleared it with my ScanGauge and will see what happens tomorrow.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Code didn't come back on the way to work today. So hopefully it won't.

GDE posted in another forum that they'd take a look at the below 15 MPH trans programming and see if they can smooth that back out a bit. Said they programmed that in on purpose to warm up things faster and mainly for emissions.

Other than this, I love the tune more each day I drive it. They did a great job and this is what the EcoDiesel/8HP75 should have been from the factory.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Got me convinced, i have a '22 ordered, possibly coming in by end of Dec (fingers crossed) one if the first things will be this tuning. Thanks for the first hand details WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The power and fuel efficiency is awesome. But it also sounds better, runs smoother, and probably will last longer due to the more efficient use of the low-side EGR.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Great feedback ... sounds like ill site tight and wait for the tune to get all smoothed out, hoping they release that handheld version sooner than later.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any idea when it will be available to order online, didnt look like it is yet.
They had told me that they were going to put it online on Saturday but my only guess is that after getting feedback they may have postponed it to tweak the transmission calibration that I spoke about at the end of my video. Just a guess...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A few more tidbits I've noticed:

- ESS events work better. The engine restarts faster and smoother when I let off the brake pedal. I assume this is a result of the new injection mapping, but I can't say for sure. All I know is that ESS operation is much smoother now.

- Throttle response from a stop is crisp and aggressive. People who have been running things like the Banks Pedal Monster probably won't want to combine those with the GDE tuning. GDE pretty much has it dialed in perfectly. I'm still trying to get used to it because it's so much more snappy than stock.

- So far, my MPG is up 7% hand calculated on my daily work commute. More time will give more accurate numbers. We'll see where this ends up in a couple of weeks.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I noticed that @Keith Diesel still hasn't put the tune up on the website for sale. Hey Keith, is this because you guys are working on that cold engine/below 15 MPH programming? Did you decide to try and smooth that out before officially putting the tune online for sale?

BTW guys everything else is still great on mine with this tune. The truck feels amazingly good for a midsize truck.

Keith Diesel

Banned
Banned
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler ecodiesel
Occupation
Diesel Calibration Engineer
I noticed that @Keith Diesel still hasn't put the tune up on the website for sale. Hey Keith, is this because you guys are working on that cold engine/below 15 MPH programming? Did you decide to try and smooth that out before officially putting the tune online for sale?

BTW guys everything else is still great on mine with this tune. The truck feels amazingly good for a midsize truck.
No changes planned for the warm-up at this time. The GDE website was having some issues and we took most of this week off for Thanksgiving. We will have it on the website next week sometime.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
No changes planned for the warm-up at this time. The GDE website was having some issues and we took most of this week off for Thanksgiving. We will have it on the website next week sometime.
Time off's important ! Don't forget to take time for yourselves. Burnout is real.
Sponsored