First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
I was eagerly anticipating this kit! Now I'm not sure.

It is an unconventional solution, and I'm wondering if that is why I'm struggling with it. If I argue with myself, the "power hub" is VERY convenient for my on board air installation, and may be more convenient for internal wiring, but I don't see running an extra 6 or so feet of some gauge wire for a winch. Plus, losing internal storage space.

Thoughts?

Link
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/gen3-diesel-jt-dual-battery-kit

Video:

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Close to a thousand bucks......ehhhh.......and it's under the rear seat.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
Makes it easy for an inverter, adding usb / 12v outlet, amplifier, interior lights. But yeah kind of bites being under the seat.

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m gonna wait a bit and see how this plays out to the end user.. the ā€œpros and consā€ stuff. And the big question I guess for me.. If I were to use the 813 Fabrication ARB under rear seat package, how would this blend in as far as mounting them next to each other or whatever would work best.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
WTH, unlike their previous systems this does nothing whatsoever to get rid of the problematic motorcycle aux battery. It remains in place, being a liability and potentially wrecking your starting battery when it dies. This is just a third house battery. Looks fine but I don't really see why I'd want this instead of half a dozen other standard aux house battery systems, or a Jackery type portable system

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Interior space is at such a premium in the JT that Iā€™ll have to hard pass on this system.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I already have a 60 seat delete, so Iā€™m out, but I can see why someone with the space still available might go for something plug-and-play like this. It does make in-cab house power very easy. Definitely priced a bit steep without the battery, so youā€™re paying to just bolt in and not have to think it through.

@fourfa is right, this is just a high-end house battery system. For me, Iā€™m planning on using a few older components I have from a previous build and putting a third house battery in the bed. Easy to add solar input and feed camp power needs back there, and I should be able to get it all done, including the battery, for about what this runs.

Last edited:

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Iā€™m gonna wait a bit and see how this plays out to the end user.. the ā€œpros and consā€ stuff. And the big question I guess for me.. If I were to use the 813 Fabrication ARB under rear seat package, how would this blend in as far as mounting them next to each other or whatever would work best.
Looking at this and the @813 Fabrication & Design site, and canā€™t see how the two would fit together. I run 813ā€™s behind the seat option in mine, and that seems like it would fit with this.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
This is a setup that a customer put together for his Redarc Redvision system using our Underseat Storage Bin. This customer used a battery that required removing our 1" spacers under the bin, which does take away using the locking seat brackets, but it is something I am looking to correct with some new brackets maybe. But, using the correct size battery will let you still use the current seat locking brackets. I think you can save even more cost and space going with a smaller Redarc BC-DC unit, rather than the full Redvision system and have a nice dual battery system.

20220826_122235.jpg

20220826_122246.jpg

20220826_122703.jpg

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you give me a little more detail with your "blend in" question? Not sure I am understanding. I will help answer any questions that you have!

Sponsored

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sure.. as Iā€™m interested in both items and canā€™t tell exactly how the battery system mounts vs yours, can I do both of them, do one or the other and add the battery to yours or the ARB to the battery box? Being able to wire the ARB straight to a battery under the seat is a no brainer and would be perfect for what I want. So thatā€™s what I meant. I certainly like your set up and if I can add the battery and terminal box from Genesis then that may the way to go. Thanks very much for the reply, Iā€™m going to study the pics you have above (that I just now looked at.)

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Sure.. as Iā€™m interested in both items and canā€™t tell exactly how the battery system mounts vs yours, can I do both of them, do one or the other and add the battery to yours or the ARB to the battery box? Being able to wire the ARB straight to a battery under the seat is a no brainer and would be perfect for what I want. So thatā€™s what I meant. I certainly like your set up and if I can add the battery and terminal box from Genesis then that may the way to go. Thanks very much for the reply, Iā€™m going to study the pics you have above (that I just now looked at.)
I sent you a private message

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I was looking forward to this as well however 35k miles ago I decided to relocate the aux battery to that exact location myself. This was about a year ago, I even sent them a link to my install. My Cascadia hood solar panel trickle charges my main while offering a dedicated 12v out to charge (as needed) our EcoFlow delta. No issues to date.

I initially decided that I'd just swap everything out once Genesis ships their solution but now that it is here, I'm going to stick with what has worked for us. The Cascadia detects low voltage on the main and since the aux battery was no longer located below the primary, I could easily fit standard Falcon external reservoir shocks vs the stubbed diesel specific variants.

dirtdevil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra: Soon a Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
This is a setup that a customer put together for his Redarc Redvision system using our Underseat Storage Bin. This customer used a battery that required removing our 1" spacers under the bin, which does take away using the locking seat brackets, but it is something I am looking to correct with some new brackets maybe. But, using the correct size battery will let you still use the current seat locking brackets. I think you can save even more cost and space going with a smaller Redarc BC-DC unit, rather than the full Redvision system and have a nice dual battery system.

Jeep Gladiator Genesis Diesel Jeep Gladiator JT Dual Battery Kit 20220826_122703

Jeep Gladiator Genesis Diesel Jeep Gladiator JT Dual Battery Kit 20220826_122703

Jeremy, could you share any other info regarding this particular install?? Im planning something very similar. Im interested in the mounting plates where the fuses are mounted to. What size battery would fit in this container and still be able to use the locking latches? Any info is appreciated. Thank You

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeremy, could you share any other info regarding this particular install?? Im planning something very similar. Im interested in the mounting plates where the fuses are mounted to. What size battery would fit in this container and still be able to use the locking latches? Any info is appreciated. Thank You

Hey, sorry for the late reply! The mounting plates for the fuse blocks is something the customer made so I don't have any info on those.

For the batteries, he used the "premium" version of this 100ah battery because it was a little shorter when on it's side. They now have the "mini" version which would probably work better but it is slightly taller, so when on it's side, it would be just a bit taller.

https://ipowerqueen.com/products/power-queen-12-8v-100ah-mini-built-in-100a-bms

https://ipowerqueen.com/products/power-queen-12v-100ah-premium-lifepo4-battery-built-in-100a-bms

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Jeremy
Sponsored