Sponsored

Getting my Rubicon to ride like Mojave. Possible?

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE, Camaro SS 1LE
Hi. New to site. I all along planned on getting a Mojave, but a deal on a LE came up that was to good to pass up. Can I mod my suspension to ride like Mojave, or should I just have paid more to begin with?
Thanks
Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
Could you get the ride close? Sure, if you do the 1” front lift, get the Fox external reservoir shocks the ride will be near similar, but that is not all the separates the Mojave model. Here is a good article to read that highlights the differences. The Mojave has a number of enhancements focused at strengthening weak spots for high speed desert running. Like the steering knuckles, reinforced frame, etc. The other big difference is the 4 wheel drive system. The Rubicon is setup for rock crawling so you have a much lower crawl ratio with the 4:1 transfer case at the lockers can only be engaged in 4 low. The Mojave is built for different terrain and speed and has the non-Rubicon transfer case, so the low range isn’t nearly as low and you can run it faster, plus the locker can be engaged in 4 high. The computer compensates for this mode as well so ABS and Traction control don’t freak out.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Yes. Some good springs and a good set of shocks and you will be good to go. I'd recommend the Falcon Sp2 3.3 adjustable shocks. Pretty sure that and some quality coils would get you very close to the capability of the Mojave. Hell, you could even order some Mojave springs and those shocks. I know Teraflex/Falcon had a Mojave on their Instagram the other day. I think they will be coming up with some upgrades based on that package.

OP
OP
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I really am aiming at better ride than capabilities. My area has tons of washboard roads. But when im getting to where i want to go, i want the lockers. I could have added them to the Mojave, and it would have worked great. But the difference in price for an le rubicon and the mojave i ordered was around 10k, so i have a little room to play. Plus, i have a steel bumper from go, because im going to need a winch stat. So thanks for info. I have no clue on most offroad things, so any input is appreciated.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of off roading do you plan on doing? Have you been off road before? (Will you really "need" a Mojave? Will you even notice a difference?)

If you're worried about washboard just get yourself some great shocks and you'll be ahead of the game (and both the Rubicon and Mojave)

Bench racing (off roading) is very different than actually doing it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its been awhile for my offroading. Alot of mud is what i will be dealing with. And yes, i will be active doing so. Especially in spring. But even everyday, i may go on the gravel washboard roads. Plus, hoping it would improve highway ride. About 500 week on interstate. Im making this my everything vehicle+ adding the fun stuff also.

OP
OP
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually think that a lighty modded rubicon would work best for me. Well, i guess thats what i got, so im rolling with it.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
You might be able to pick up a full set of Mojave springs when someone lifts it higher , I believe the Mojave front springs are taller and I THINK that front and rear Mojave springs will be softer then rubicon springs. You don’t need the exact shock just get softer, you don’t need the extra offset then. You have to think a bit about what you want, I drove both when I picked the Mojave, it might have been going over speed bumps at thirty miles an hour, but I don’t need the ultimate and like rear locker that can go in up to 55mph. The Rubicon is the ultimate offroader with stiffer springs, sway disconnect, lower range transfer case and front locker. Taking a Mojave suspension then putting winch bumper and winch on front might upset you with the sag and possibly bottoming out more. Why not get the winch and bumper on first and see how the ride is.......Jack
Ps I sure talk like I have a Mojave ,only 4-8 more weeks until it’s built!

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need Mojave springs - you can get great aftermarket springs (and shocks)

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. New to site. I all along planned on getting a Mojave, but a deal on a LE came up that was to good to pass up. Can I mod my suspension to ride like Mojave, or should I just have paid more to begin with?
Thanks
If I was ordering new, I would likely go for the Mojave. The biggest difference, besides the frame strengthening, is the very expensive Fox shocks. I bought a fully loaded Overland off the lot a year ago. I bought Rubicon take offs to replace the factory shocks, and a Fox Steering Stabilizer to replace the factory unit.

OP
OP
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good night. For that kind of cash, i should be able to roll over my house and hardly feel it

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
I had this same question. Its somewhere around here. I've got a rubicon with the 1.5 level and 35's. Same reason as well with the washboard gravel roads. I'm thinking I might go with the Falcon sp2 3.3 piggyback shocks. Just waiting to hear how they handle the wash board stuff and decide if I want the 0-1.5 inch lift shocks on my current set up or go up to the 2-3 inch shocks with a lift.

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
Absolutely. It's all in the shocks. If you were to get some comparable shocks it would ride just like it. The ones on the Mojave are about $1500 per shock. You can find ones that can get close to that, ride-wise around $1000 per shock. They are expensive but that alone is what makes the ride up. You want a good ride you have to pay. I think the shocks in my Raptor were about $2000 each. If you're looking to buy shocks that are just a couple hundred dollars each, you will not get the ride you're after.