Sponsored

Gladiator and Defrost

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Have now dealt with one full winter and the beginning of this one with a gladiator and the ice forming on the windows in a snow storm is awful. I just realized that the defroster is only blowing out of the middle of the vent and not where near the left and right side..I now have watch a bunch of videos and it appears this is how they all are. THIS IS A MASSIVE SAFETY HAZARD. @JeepCares @JeepCare how do we initiate and emergency safety recall for this. I'll be using this forum as well as many of the videos as documentation in my legal case if this is fixed immediately and I end up in a wreck.
Sponsored

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Have now dealt with one full winter and the beginning of this one with a gladiator and the ice forming on the windows in a snow storm is awful. I just realized that the defroster is only blowing out of the middle of the vent and not where near the left and right side..I now have watch a bunch of videos and it appears this is how they all are. THIS IS A MASSIVE SAFETY HAZARD. @JeepCares @JeepCare how do we initiate and emergency safety recall for this. I'll be using this forum as well as many of the videos as documentation in my legal case if this is fixed immediately and I end up in a wreck.
Do you have pics of this problem?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
TFL just released a video on this. Worth a watch:

I have my Gladiator on order and live in a fairly warm climate so I'm unlikely to have much problem, but that seems horrible.

Bookem.Dano.Bookem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator North, Ducati Scrambler
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Noticed this this morning too. We had our first light snow fall, and the ability of the defrosters to clear up fog off the windshield was abysmal.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Noticed this this morning too. We had our first light snow fall, and the ability of the defrosters to clear up fog off the windshield was abysmal.
Yep. Massive safety issue and needs to be addressed immediately and a recall issued. It's so bad that I guarantee accidents arise from this.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Also, please feel your Defrost vents when it is running. You get air out the left and right side or just the middle. Every gladiator I have Tested are all the same...just out the middle
interesting. I live in New England and do not have this issue. Not last year and not today...

Genoa Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 2021 Jaguar F Type 2018 Range Rover
Occupation
Self Employed
Feel your Defrost vents. Tell me if it comes out of the right and left, not just the middle.
Just checked the defroster vent distribution. It ONLY blows in the middle and by putting my hand over the middle it redirects to the sides. I ordered the 5/8" plugs from Amazon to promote event defrosting. However, there is clearly a design flaw as they must have recognized the need to defrost the entire window by way of the vents design. It appears that the right hand was not talking to the left.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Just checked the defroster vent distribution. It ONLY blows in the middle and by putting my hand over the middle it redirects to the sides. I ordered the 5/8" plugs from Amazon to promote event defrosting. However, there is clearly a design flaw as they must have recognized the need to defrost the entire window by way of the vents design. It appears that the right hand was not talking to the left.
We appreciate that you have tagged us to share your concerns. Please send our team a private message with your VIN and mileage so that we can have this formally documented and forwarded internally to the appropriate teams.

Darlene
Jeep Cares