Sponsored

Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here.

If your Gladiator bottoms out on pothole/bumps, what model do you have?

• Total voters

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX L2 Billet, 2021 JLU Willy's , 2020 X5 G05
Just a good ole update.. JT is still sitting at dealer (since 9/21). That's all I can say.. I will say that the original post I have with TSB is from FCA Regional Engineer.. and corporate confirmed. Though no date specified.

Feel free to do what you guys want , I personally really liked the idea of a Gladiator.. though I don't like the idea to be "forced" to lift. So I am not taking a lift as adequate repair... The vehicle should perform properly from the factory.
Sponsored

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
I have an update, I just receive a phone call from my "SALE-PERSON" and it tell me that they have a fix for the suspension problem for 2022 model. I ask, how they fix It? his answer was: "they put a harder suspension"! it sound like he docent know if it is fix. and also I ask the "SALE-PERSON" that I need photo of the spring with tag part number and mesure. Do you guy recommend something else to ask?
the good news that I have a ETA and it is for December 9. I place the order on October 23

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
If Falkens are "soft" with the cinder block sidewalls those have, I'd hate to see what they call the stock tires on a Sport EcoDiesel.
Stock tires.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here. IMG_20211121_131545091_HDR

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This is making me angry and I don't have an EcoDiesel. Get to to it, Jeep.

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
So what are we supposed to do? Pay jeep $2500 for their lift to fix this issue? That is NOT a fix. @JeepCares you should be ashamed if you are going to force us to do that and have US pay for it! This is NOT normal, This is not acceptable, and this is NOT good for us diesel owners. I did NOT buy this vehicle to be limited offroad. My diesel 2019 3/4 has NO issue going over any bumps bottoming it out at 15 MPH or less. If its bump stops that's the issue, then give is better ones that gives us better travel. This is bullcrap. If you cant, recall them all and give us ones where this is NOT an issue.

If this is indeed fixed with the 2022 model, then I am highly considering going through the process of hiring an attorney and getting a 2022 model and having jeep buy back my 2021. I was not disclosed about this factory defect, nor was I ever aware that it was a defect until I found out myself and came here to look.

Yes everyone I am PISSED! I spent $58,0000 on a vehicle with a factory defect! Then I read that the manufacturer REFUSES to fix it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
NOPE! Tried that. there is a fix coming "sometime next year", we have to suffer till then ... thats the @JeepCares position.
That could drive me to get a bronco. I gave up my F150 FX4 for this.

Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
That could drive me to get a bronco. I gave up my F150 FX4 for this.
Go ahead, opening another can of worms.

Put a leveling kit spacer in front of 1.5” and you’ll be set, you don’t need a full lift kit.

Is a $75 leveling kit easier or beating JeepCares into submission ???

I value my time and will be moving on…

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Is there a way to talk to the engineer directly? Jeep cares does nothing to sol e the problem.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
How much puck can you jam in there without changing components that won't cause binding or overloading on the suspension?

1/2"? 3/4"? 1" 1.5"?

Has anyone tried this?

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Is there a way to talk to the engineer directly? Jeep cares does nothing to sol e the problem.
I tried… NOPE! But you can leave specific notes for engineering …

“Engineering” thinks replacing my shocks will fix it … hahaha. They’re kicking the can down the road

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I tried… NOPE! But you can leave specific notes for engineering …

“Engineering” thinks replacing my shocks will fix it … hahaha. They’re kicking the can down the road
It's not like the engineers are hard to find online. They must have an email in the system somewhere. Name.name @fca.com or something stupid.
Sponsored