Sponsored

Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here.

If your Gladiator bottoms out on pothole/bumps, what model do you have?

• Total voters

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
How much puck can you jam in there without binding or overloading the suspension?

1/2"? 3/4"? 1" 1.5"?

Has anyone tried this?
Just buy a kit, AEV is great and well thought out. Just reduce their bump stop spacer by 1.25” and you’ll gain all the lost uptravel match a gas JT with the same kit.

Mopar issues the same bump stops for gas and diesel which is a HUGE oversight. Because of our taller bump stop towers, we need 1.25” less bumpstop … unless the specific kit accounts for the difference… I doubt it tho
Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not like the engineers are hard to find online. They must have an email in the system somewhere. Name.name @fca.com or something stupid.
Soooo, you’ll resort to stalking ??? Weird …

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Soooo, you’ll resort to stalking ??? Weird …
No just a genuine email. About their lack of foresight or hindsight. Need some sort of resolution.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Just buy a kit, AEV is great and well thought out. Just reduce their bump stop spacer by 1.25” and you’ll gain all the lost uptravel match a gas JT with the same kit.

Mopar issues the same bump stops for gas and diesel which is a HUGE oversight. Because of our taller bump stop towers, we need 1.25” less bumpstop … unless the specific kit accounts for the difference… I doubt it tho
In that case why not just cut down there factory bump stop? Or add sufficient puckage to effectively increase travel to bump stop.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No just a genuine email. About their lack of foresight or hindsight. Need some sort of resolution.
There is a resolution, it will be available “next year” … that’s what I was told. I pushed these guys and escalated and escalated … been on their butt for 4 months. I’m tired. I’m moving on.

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Never thought when I went to buy a Jeep I'd be spending time trying to figure out bump stops.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never thought when I went to buy a Jeep I'd be spending time trying to figure out bump stops.
It’s shoddy engineering for sure. Not sure how this went out the door.

I mentioned it earlier but my 1981 corvette has more uptravel, this is a frame designed in 1953.

My rental Dodge Challenger took the speed bumps at work better than my off road 4x4 Jeep truck …

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I tried… NOPE! But you can leave specific notes for engineering …

“Engineering” thinks replacing my shocks will fix it … hahaha. They’re kicking the can down the road
I don’t trust enggg-in-ears….I worked around too many who built stuff that failed. They don’t make engineers like the used to.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t trust enggg-in-ears….I worked around too many who built stuff that failed. They don’t make engineers like the used to.
Well … that’s my profession … there is never a straight shot from engineering out the door … management is always there to screw things up.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Well … that’s my profession … there is never a straight shot from engineering out the door … management is always there to screw things up.
Hey now, don't forget the bean counters !

Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In that case why not just cut down there factory bump stop? Or add sufficient puckage to effectively increase travel to bump stop.
There is a reason they extended them … likely clearance issues with the engine or suspension contact.

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
The best way to look for the engines is at linkedin.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Usually happens this way. We had it posted on the shop foreman's door and up in engineering.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here. what-the-customer-actually-wanted
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Diesel Bottoming Out Poll - Let’s get some numbers here. Tire_Swin

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
NOPE! Tried that. there is a fix coming "sometime next year", we have to suffer till then ... thats the @JeepCares position.
Is this fix going to be applied to new owners of 2021 models? Are they going to say bring in your vehicle so we can change out your springs and shocks?

of it’s just a matter of a minimal lift, I figure I’ll do it myself. When I crawled under mine for the first time and saw how low the oil pan was compared to the bottom of the differential housing I just stared. I may have 1/2 inch.

james2021dieselglad

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

So can jeep just replace the bump stops to shorter ones? Dumb question maybe but if that's the issue, shouldn't they just make shorter ones?
Sponsored