Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
It’s fact!

FEAE3C88-AC6D-4DAE-BC2E-C69460BEB213.jpeg
I can make mine look like that too with a relatively short downhill coast, but if yours really is accurate I'm sure Jeep would pay dearly for it so they could try to duplicate it. That would take care of their CARB issues. My 4cyl Cherokee doesn't get that kind of mileage. Also, you do know that the MPG numbers displayed on the dash are not accurate? I'm sure that most here are skeptical too with those numbers.
Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I agree the torque aspect would be nice but I also doubt the ecodiesel will be as reliable as the Pentastar
I have read several 3.6 motor replacement threads. Also cam’s being eaten etc.
my in-laws 3.6 was just purchased back by FCA for a misfire issue…… good luck with your 3.6.

I doubt that I’m the only guy on this thread that had a 3.6 before the diesel…. Lie to yourself all you want…. The fuel economy on the diesel is better than the gas. Period.

Maintenance and longevity- guess we will see. I don’t know if any 3.6 making 400+tq so good luck once you start putting bigger tires etc. on. Your brain will start saying “it needs a hemi” “v8 power would be nice”
Diesel guys are already thinking- man this is great v8 torque and great fuel economy….

Don’t hate- just move onto a different thread. Or make a thread dedicated to how a 3.6 is better than the 3.0, I’m sure the internets will shake something loose for you 😎👌

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have read several 3.6 motor replacement threads. Also cam’s being eaten etc.
my in-laws 3.6 was just purchased back by FCA for a misfire issue…… good luck with your 3.6.

I doubt that I’m the only guy on this thread that had a 3.6 before the diesel…. Lie to yourself all you want…. The fuel economy on the diesel is better than the gas. Period.

Maintenance and longevity- guess we will see. I don’t know if any 3.6 making 400+tq so good luck once you start putting bigger tires etc. on. Your brain will start saying “it needs a hemi” “v8 power would be nice”
Diesel guys are already thinking- man this is great v8 torque and great fuel economy….

Don’t hate- just move onto a different thread. Or make a thread dedicated to how a 3.6 is better than the 3.0, I’m sure the internets will shake something loose for you 😎👌
There’s been far more issues with the diesels as well, also, haven’t heard such cases with the newer 3.6s

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s been far more issues with the diesels as well, also, haven’t heard such cases with the newer 3.6s
Of course the diesel will get better mpgs by design, but I already posted here I can average above 30 MPG with my 3.6 on a non windy day driving 65 on the hwy

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can make mine look like that too with a relatively short downhill coast, but if yours really is accurate I'm sure Jeep would pay dearly for it so they could try to duplicate it. That would take care of their CARB issues. My 4cyl Cherokee doesn't get that kind of mileage. Also, you do know that the MPG numbers displayed on the dash are not accurate? I'm sure that most here are skeptical too with those numbers.
This is straight away driving

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is straight away driving
It’s a computer it’s gonna be accurate, that would be like saying the oil life monitor wasn’t accurate

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've just finished driving coast to coast and I've seen diesel with a 30 cent to 50 cent difference from gas in many states. Where the diesel shines is torque, something the 3.6 gas engine doesn't have. I can blow away any 3.6 on or off road with the torque difference the diesel offers and kick their butts with MPG too. As for maintenance buy the oil change packages in advance and it's much cheaper. In fact I bought 4 diesel oil changes and used my Jeep MasterCard rewards points and paid nothing for them. So free maintenance for the nezt 2+ years
Most dealerships do a trash job performing maintenance, on my 3.6 they stripped the drain plug and I’ve had to replace it after I changed the oil myself next interval because they’re dumb and over torque it.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a computer it’s gonna be accurate, that would be like saying the oil life monitor wasn’t accurate
Computers are 100% accurate to what they were programmed to be, based on the information they receive.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
oil filter approved
Was not talking parts. We (located in Germany) also either online order oem parts from the states or go to the jeep dealership and pay the mark-up. From all the shops near us, about 20. There are 3 in all of Bavaria (closest an hour drive) that I would let work on the truck

Just that many dealers who did not sell you the truck or earn from the labor often just let the newby at it (doesn't know better) or are sloppy/do a quick quick job so the mech has time to earn for the shop.

All good if it works for you.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Can you post your fuel economy that supports any of your other keyboard warrior claims?
It seems you troll heavy on many of the diesel vs gas (and some other posts).
Curious- are you here to pass time and argue? Or do you bring anything to the table?

Above you have screen shots of mpg claims with an ODO of 2,600 miles.

In other locations you have made claims like this
I have 30,000 miles on my 2021 Mojave gas no issues at all, and had 20,000 on my JLU before it which was a 2020, but yeah diesel has had cam issues as well and I’m sure that anything with a turbo won’t be as reliable as something without, that’s with gas and diesel.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/eco-diesel-or-3-6-gas.59087/page-7#post-971801

The quote above was pulled from post #91

Are you here to contribute, or are you here to troll? 🧌

So far it seems like you make things up to skew conversations. Many people look to forums for assistance, conversation, and understanding to make decisions. By making false claims and “stirring” the pot, you detract from the community.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post your fuel economy that supports any of your other keyboard warrior claims?
It seems you troll heavy on many of the diesel vs gas (and some other posts).
Curious- are you here to pass time and argue? Or do you bring anything to the table?

Above you have screen shots of mpg claims with an ODO of 2,600 miles.

In other locations you have made claims like this

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/eco-diesel-or-3-6-gas.59087/page-7#post-971801

The quote above was pulled from post #91

Are you here to contribute, or are you here to troll? 🧌

So far it seems like you make things up to skew conversations. Many people look to forums for assistance, conversation, and understanding to make decisions. By making false claims and “stirring” the pot, you detract from the community.
I haven’t made false claims and I have been here to contribute, obviously you’re being condescending and it’s not warranted, you don’t have a superiority complex do you? Based on your posts it seems as though you might

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Well, had a fairly long drive from Kingston Tn area to the Augusta Ga area this morning. This time I took care to watch heavy acceleration, kept it around 2000 rpm in the 77-78mph range, very little start and stop.....I actually got it to 25.6 average mpg!! Woohoo....little diesel does pretty good

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I got my worst MPG this weekend fully loaded with 2 adults dog and 350-400 lbs in the bed of camping gear climbing the pass from sea level to 6800ft and driving around town. 19.8MPG. filled up and checked hand calc its around 19.2mpg real world. Thats been my worst mpg.

My 2020 gas model on the same drive would regularly be at 14mpg usually around 14.5...then I would break out onto the flats and be rewarded with more 14.5 mpg on 35" tires.

Oh and the diesel is on 38's with beadlocks :).

Your mileage is much more accurate if you set your tire size with gps and make it perfect dead nuts on. Stock its off around 1 full mpg from the dash.

t-bot

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD; '15 BMW K1300S
Have tracked about 5300 miles on my JTRD with approx 65% hwy miles. I'm at 24.3 mpg with a couple hundred miles pulling horse trailer. Also prob 70% winter fuel - I can see a bit of a bump with the summer blend (not drastic, but visible).
Sponsored