Sponsored

Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
actually, I believe the bumper and side panels worked great. it was the installer aka me that did not have the bolts tight enough. in talking to a friend of mine who lives down in Florida, he stated that for what i went over, it did the job and he should know because he started out back in the 70's off-roading and rock climbing. Would i buy a different bumper, no way at all. i say this because of what i tried to do and it protected the body. my friend that was with me had wished we would have gotten a picture of what i went over that did the damage. the nice thing was that i painted the damage with rust oleum paint and you do not see the damage any more. we believe the first obstacle that I went over did the damage. the third picture is the bottom of the rock slider not the bumper. i will take a new picture tomorrow and post it here. would i recommend this bumper to a person looking for a rear bumper? the answer is very much yes without hesitation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
actually, I believe the bumper and side panels worked great. it was the installer aka me that did not have the bolts tight enough. in talking to a friend of mine who lives down in Florida, he stated that for what i went over, it did the job and he should know because he started out back in the 70's off-roading and rock climbing. Would i buy a different bumper, no way at all. i say this because of what i tried to do and it protected the body. my friend that was with me had wished we would have gotten a picture of what i went over that did the damage. the nice thing was that i painted the damage with rust oleum paint and you do not see the damage any more. we believe the first obstacle that I went over did the damage. the third picture is the bottom of the rock slider not the bumper. i will take a new picture tomorrow and post it here. would i recommend this bumper to a person looking for a rear bumper? the answer is very much yes without hesitation.
This could be because of loose bolts, or it could have just been enough force to move the two parts (which was a lot, nice job :like:.) Should be able to re-align and retorque the bolts. You could likely step up to a larger bolt size as well to take up some of the adjustably we give you there, but it may require a drill bit in there once everything is aligned. Let us know if we can help in any way.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Do the wings not bolt to the rear main bumper? If they are, seeing the separation in this picture, could be cured with a tighter tolerance to the bolt size. If they aren't, they should be.

If I get this bumper, I'd buy it bare anyways, and just weld the three pieces together.

1609630547524.png
If you wanted it PC you could also just grind and lay a bead on the inside hidden areas and just touch up those spots.

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone have pictures showing how much the 40" blocks the tail light?

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
This could be because of loose bolts, or it could have just been enough force to move the two parts (which was a lot, nice job :like:.) Should be able to re-align and retorque the bolts. You could likely step up to a larger bolt size as well to take up some of the adjustably we give you there, but it may require a drill bit in there once everything is aligned. Let us know if we can help in any way.
I smacked the piss out of the bumper coming off a rock ledge and managed to move the wing. After the trip I loosened the bolts, re-aligned, re-tourqed, and touched up the paint. Good to go!

20220208_113343.jpg

20220208_113451.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
I smacked the piss out of the bumper coming off a rock ledge and managed to move the wing. After the trip I loosened the bolts, re-aligned, re-tourqed, and touched up the paint. Good to go!
Awesome, good to hear it protected the bed and you were able to realign it :like:

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I first found Expedition One as I'm looking for a swing out rear bumper with some serious protection. But the Expedition One means you have to retain the OEM hitch bar, which as everyone knows, is one of the Achilles heels off-roading with the JT.

So this JCR definitely fits the bill.

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
What is the largest tire size anyone is running with the dual swing still functioning? I know the pix on the JCR website show a 37". I'm wondering if this will work with a 39" and still have functionality of dual swing arm...

Sponsored

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Question on the light holes... what exactly are the dimensions of the opening and can we opt to have a bumper made without them? I want to mount some squadron lights I already have but my OCD wants them flush mount...
The ExpeditionOne has light cutouts depending on what you need and they support the squadron.
Same price range & one piece. Can take a 40" etc. Though as someone mentioned it, they retain the factory hitch height which is a con for some. For me, I just have it protected with a 41.22 hitch protection, and if it scrubs it scrubs.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The ExpeditionOne has light cutouts depending on what you need and they support the squadron.
Same price range & one piece. Can take a 40" etc. Though as someone mentioned it, they retain the factory hitch height which is a con for some. For me, I just have it protected with a 41.22 hitch protection, and if it scrubs it scrubs.
Yeah massive con for me... The ExpedOne bumper is around the same weight only retaining the hitch means that's at least 50 lbs retained I wouldn't have with the JCR.

It may not be a lot but 50 here and 50 there is why my rig has a weight problem.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Ya'll should check out the Kaymar bumper. It holds up to a 40" as well. It does block the tail light with that large of a tire, but they included integrated lights into the bumper to accommodate it, as well as a camera relocation kit.

Photos below

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. DSC03762 (2)

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. DSC02782

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. DSC01538

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. DSC01800

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I dig that actually... especially like that it's an Aussie company which means a tow rating is an actual verified tow rating since they don't eff around with things like that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.