Gladiator Lift Kits

Daystar

First Name
ChrisD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, '75 Blazer
Ok I’ve heard that a Mopar is creating a 2 inch lift , jks is working on 2.5 lift .

If anyone has more info on these please post
Whatever you get I'd suggest getting a more complete 2" kit (at least shock relocation brackets included), and then possibly adding an adjustable track bar. Something like the Comfort Ride kit with lower control arms and sway bark links...but I don't think it has a track bar. I'd do a kit like this and then add an adjustable track bar to it so I could center up the axle perfectly.
Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
If the control arms aren’t adjustable it’s a waste of money. Huge failure on Mopars part. Adjusting caster and toe after a lift is the first thing to be done. One size fits many does not apply to control arms.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
If the control arms aren’t adjustable it’s a waste of money. Huge failure on Mopars part. Adjusting caster and toe after a lift is the first thing to be done. One size fits many does not apply to control arms.
I don't follow your logic. As long as the supplied control arms are longer than stock and properly tuned for the lift, what's the problem? Theoretically, you'd only be adjusting adjustable control arms once -- to correct caster for whatever your lift height is. If the supplied arms are the correct length and correct the caster, then why do they need to be adjustable?

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Exactly!!! Adjust once for whatever you get for ride height. Add a winch add a bumper. Do you think one length of control arm will fit every application?
It won’t.

Hansoslow

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '01 "Danger" Ranger, '68 Fastback 390gt
https://skyjacker.com/shop/category/jeep/gladiator-jt/

Not sure if this has been posted but Skyjacker has a few options. I just recieved their 4.5" kit yesterday. This is meant a temporary solution for me until the coilover kits start rolling out, but seems to include most everything needed to get me started(minus a front driveshaft. )
@TTEChris , I just ordered this kit as well. Looking to pair it with a set of 40's not quite as much offset as it appears you're running- (-18mm, should keep it at about stock backspacing), I believe. You mentioned the Skyjacker 4.5" lift kit was a temporary solution. Curious now that you've lived with the set up for a while, if you've been able to better assess the set up, pros/cons... guess I'm hoping this will be a more permanent option for me given the occasional wheeling it will see. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
@TTEChris , I just ordered this kit as well. Looking to pair it with a set of 40's not quite as much offset as it appears you're running- (-18mm, should keep it at about stock backspacing), I believe. You mentioned the Skyjacker 4.5" lift kit was a temporary solution. Curious now that you've lived with the set up for a while, if you've been able to better assess the set up, pros/cons... guess I'm hoping this will be a more permanent option for me given the occasional wheeling it will see. Thanks in advance.
It's a nice kit for the money. The ride is firmer than stock, but not overly stiff. I have no issues with the way it rides/drives for everyday use. I think the black max shocks are a little on the soft side if doing any high speed offroading, but again ride nice on road.
I think the only complaint I have about the kit is the trackbar they include. I didn't install it as I had plenty of beefier on vehicle JL adjustable trackbars laying around. It does the job at centering the axle but it's like a toothpick compared to the others and having to remove one end to make adjustements is a pain.

Hansoslow

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a nice kit for the money. The ride is firmer than stock, but not overly stiff. I have no issues with the way it rides/drives for everyday use. I think the black max shocks are a little on the soft side if doing any high speed offroading, but again ride nice on road.
I think the only complaint I have about the kit is the trackbar they include. I didn't install it as I had plenty of beefier on vehicle JL adjustable trackbars laying around. It does the job at centering the axle but it's like a toothpick compared to the others and having to remove one end to make adjustements is a pain.
Good call out on the trackbar. I'll put the one in the kit through it's paces and be prepared to replace if/when it gives. Thanks again

Madmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator launch edition
Hi all,
New member here. I’m in the market for a lift kit.the plan is to run 37’s . Looking for a kit that will be forgiving on the road, but still be good for off-road as well. Nothing super extreme but trails with some difficulty.. Not looking to go monster truck tall ...but also don’t want to just stuff 37,s under it and not have clearance or poor articulation..
Suggestions appreciated..

Mike

Hansoslow

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good call out on the trackbar. I'll put the one in the kit through it's paces and be prepared to replace if/when it gives. Thanks again
Hey all, wanted to share a quick update on my lift, wheel, tire journey with the JT Rubicon 6 speed.
I ended up talking myself out of the Skyjacker 4.5inch long travel kit with 40 inch tires and instead went a little more conservative with Skyjackers 3.5 inch long travel kit paired with 38 inch tires. I'll share with you my thoughts on the installation process(just a guy with some basic tools, common sense and a garage- not a professional mechanic) and first impressions having put a few hundred miles of highway and moderate trails.

Installation:
G351RKMLT - 3.5 inch Front / 2 inch Rear Long Travel Coil Spring Kit - Skyjacker Suspensions
https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspensi...ront-2-inch-rear-long-travel-coil-spring-kit/

- Kit did not come with installation instructions. Easily remedied my reaching out to Skyjacker customer service who sent me a digitial copy. This being the first suspension kit I've installed.. I wanted the peice of mind of knowing I was following some kind of process.

- BlackMaxx shocks, the shocks are shipped separately from the rest of the kit. Each of the 4 boxes contain; Shock, bushings, sleeves and bushing spacers. Bushings and sleeves are front/back specific. Closley examining the shocks and reading through the instructions I found the contents of the front shock boxes had the rear bushings and sleeves and vise versa. Easy fix

- Front bumpstop hardware, the provided bolts are fine thread while the provided lock nuts are corse thread. Quick break for lunch and trip to hardware store.

- Installing Skyjacker springs, the upper spring mount insulator has a specific placement- nub on the top of the rubber insulator needs to go through the hole in the shock mount to ensure proper alignment. The only thing holding it in place is the pressure applied from the spring itself. As soon as the stock springs are removed, the insulator will fall to the ground. For reinstallation of the new springs I used a small set of vice grip needle nose pliers to clamp on to the nub protruding through the top spring mount holding the insulator in pace just enough to not have to worry about it when fighting to get the much longer Skyjacker springs to seat properly into the notch of the lower perch. In terms of installing the new springs- just not enough slack in the brake lines to drop the axles low enough to get the springs in without risk of tearing a line. Solved with 2 ratchet straps compressing the new springs a couple inches, enough to get them into place(proper spring compression tool is the safest option) NOTE: Make sure the axel is supported by stands before releasing the spring compression tool. The duel rate long travel springs are much longer than stock and will surely rip out your brake lines if allowed to fully extend at this stage of the installation.

- Final notes on installation, above issues aside, I found the installation process very straight forward and would do it again in a heartbeat. My shade tree mechanic skills, tools and few hurdles with the kit, this took me 8 hours start to finish. A vehicle lift would have shaved at least an hour. Also gave me a chance to get better acquainted with the JT :)

Onroad/Offroad initial impressions:

-Onroad with stock wheels and 33inch stock mud tires. The Rubicon JT with Skyjacker 3.5 inch long travel suspension behaves very similar to the stock suspension on the road, think the milder BlackMaxx shocks come into play here. The only difference I notice is coming to a complete stop where there is a little more nose dive to remind me of the additional travel.

-Onroad with 38inch Milestar Patagonia MT's mounted to Black Rhino Armory 17inch -18mm offset wheels. The 4.10 gears and 6 speed manual transmission handle the bigger tires just fine off the line. 1.5k RPM gets it rolling almost exactly like stock. On the highway I'm finding 6th gear is rare. Still need to correct the speedometer, however via GPS, 72mph has the motor at 2k RPM in 5th gear. I'd have to be cruising around 85mph for 6th to feel comfortable on flat to a 20% grade, for example..

-Offroad with 38inch Milestar Patagonia MT's mounted to Black Rhino Armory 17inch -18mm offset wheels, Please note, I have not taken my JT on official ranked trail systems, only some back woods trails and small stream bed/embankments, but happy to report no rubbing with what I would consider moderate trail use. The 4.10 gears and extra low crawl ratio with the 6 speed perform fine with the 38inch tires, however I recognize some opportunity to gain efficiency by swapping to something like 4.55 or 4.88's, 5.13's if you're an overachiever :rock: but for my purposes 4.10's are adequate for on/off road use.

Closing notes
My ego wanted 40's and that sweet 4.5 inch lift, still feel that's the ultimate in badass affordability for these JT's. But my compromise was 38's with the 3.5inch Skyjacker long travel lift kit- it's affordable, dana 44's should handle it for a little while and doesn't look too bad if I may say so :)
Let me know your thoughts..

20190924_094059.jpg

1569346508674306429525209755880.jpg

15693465676631954741878859107206.jpg

Last edited:

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
metalcloak 4-6 weeks per another thread
Umm Its been way past 4-6 weeks. Anyone have news on Metalcloak or Teraflex. All I can get is soon, month after month of asking. Starting to think about going another way. Possibly Rock Krawler.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Umm Its been way past 4-6 weeks. Anyone have news on Metalcloak or Teraflex. All I can get is soon, month after month of asking. Starting to think about going another way. Possibly Rock Krawler.
We are only 6 weeks from SEMA. All the big guns will want to have their JT stuff on display there. Hopefully they are spending all this time in development so it’s right the first time and we get a quality product. This is why I went with the $300 Daystar 2” lift- to hold me over.

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
We are only 6 weeks from SEMA. All the big guns will want to have their JT stuff on display there. Hopefully they are spending all this time in development so it’s right the first time and we get a quality product. This is why I went with the $300 Daystar 2” lift- to hold me over.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Same here... I put in some fat bob garage spacers until I can get a MC lift. Just waiting... patiently... and spending money on other mods... waiting... gah.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
The Off Road Expo is this weekend, all of the major players show to this event and display whats new.