Sponsored

Gladiator specific cross bars & bed racks now available!

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Can't wait to see them installed!
I'll probably be waiting until the end of winter to get these installed. we just had a major snow dump here in Anchorage, AK over the weekend, and it dawned on me installing these now would just make it more difficult to clear snow off the bed cover.
Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the bed rails last night. They look great.
Which bed cover is that? Looks like a Bakflip? Does it work with the rails?

block

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jk
Which bed cover is that? Looks like a Bakflip? Does it work with the rails?

i was just gonna ask the same looks great .... anyone have an idea of what bike rack would attach those these rails ?

4esop

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer

Sponsored

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
i was just gonna ask the same looks great .... anyone have an idea of what bike rack would attach those these rails ?
I have a Thule mtn rack where you don't remove the front tire. It has a arm/clamp that grabs the down-tube, and ratchet straps around tires.
I haven't tried to install it yet since it's winter, but I'm hoping it works. The mounting brackets have some adjustment, and I was able to fit them around Yakima Jet Stream bars without any issues. I'm hoping for the same here.

ZEROVIZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had this setup on my Tacoma....worked great for rooftop tent...I recommend bed stiffeners if you plan on going off road with RTT or any heavy gear to stop and help with bed flex

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I installed the KB Voodoo rails and a Colorado bed cover just before the first rain since May. Works great, have to find the right bolts to finish off my basket install.

I'm a handy guy, but some basic install instructions would have been nice. It took me awhile to figure out which way the clamps mounted to the rails (no trail-rail system). Are there supposed to be instructions?

IMG_20191120_092831.jpg

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
I installed the KB Voodoo rails and a Colorado bed cover just before the first rain since May. Works great, have to find the right bolts to finish off my basket install.

I'm a handy guy, but some basic install instructions would have been nice. It took me awhile to figure out which way the clamps mounted to the rails (no trail-rail system). Are there supposed to be instructions?

IMG_20191120_092831.jpg
Nice. Didn't realize they hung out that much, but I think that's a plus for me. Can you still roll-up the cover without removing the cross-bars? I opted for the special tool vs the knob-screws for a little more anti-theft deterrence. I may attempt to install this weekend if it doesn't snow...

Sponsored

GladMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition, 2020 JT Rubicon
I installed the aluminum hi rise cross bars on my LE with the roll-up tonneau cover. The cover can't roll up with the cross bars attached, but you can slide the cover under the cross bars and then roll it and secure with the velcro straps. It also rolls back enough before the first rear cross bar to easily access the back of the bed. The tonneau cover sits over the uprights, but still seals enough along the track to keep water out of the bed. I took it through an automatic car wash to verify.

IMG_1366 (1).jpeg

IMG_1369 (1).jpeg

IMG_1367 (1).jpeg

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
Got mine on today too. Only had time to get the Thule bike rack installed. I had to use the channel bolts through the slots to secure it to the bars. I'll have to try tomorrow to see if my basket will install without modifications or jimmy-rigging something. By the time I called it a day, it was pretty dark, so sorry for the pic quality. I do have gaps where the towers go through the cover rails, so I'll have to figure out to close those gaps up...

20191123_170504.jpg

20191123_170533.jpg

20191123_170546.jpg

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
I can easily roll up the cover past the first bar, did not try to go past the second one. I installed my basket on top today.

20191122_151155.jpg
Looks like you use U-bolts. What size did you end up using? I may have to do the same for my Yakima cargo basket.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Looks like you use U-bolts. What size did you end up using? I may have to do the same for my Yakima cargo basket.
I wanted 1" wide u-bolts, but couldn't find any. These are 2" wide. They were about 8" long so stuck down below the bars. I used a cutting wheel to trim them shorter. Just what I could find at the local hardware store (not a big chain store).

And I ran weatherstripping down the sides under the bed cover. That helped pick up the space where the rack pushed up the bed cover rails.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Got mine on today too. Only had time to get the Thule bike rack installed. I had to use the channel bolts through the slots to secure it to the bars. I'll have to try tomorrow to see if my basket will install without modifications or jimmy-rigging something. By the time I called it a day, it was pretty dark, so sorry for the pic quality. I do have gaps where the towers go through the cover rails, so I'll have to figure out to close those gaps up...

20191123_170533.jpg
I wasn't paying close attention to the thread, and when i saw this picture I thought, "What the hell happened to my picture?" Looks great!
Sponsored