Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Excellent clearance.
BIG tire.

Remind me what you want to tow?

"Towing with Mopar Lift with 35s" would make a good thread.
Mostly a utility trailer (once or twice a month at most) that doesn't exceed 3 or 4,000lbs. and possibly a spring and fall trip to the track with my Camaro. Race weight is roughly 3,000lbs and I believe the trailer is around 2,000lbs....so maximum i'd ever see having to tow is around 5,000lbs in the local northeast areas.
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Mostly a utility trailer (once or twice a month at most) that doesn't exceed 3 or 4,000lbs. and possibly a spring and fall trip to the track with my Camaro. Race weight is roughly 3,000lbs and I believe the trailer is around 2,000lbs....so maximum i'd ever see having to tow is around 5,000lbs in the local northeast areas.
Similar to my need. Tall 14 x 7 cargo trailer loaded to 4000 - 4500.

lbracket

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator 1977 Toyota fj40
That is a beast. What's parked next to it??

That would be my FJ40!...I know toyota and jeep, what can I say, I am not biased between the two. The gladiator does make it feel so small in comparison! The fj is still a work in progress also. I hope to give it some love this spring. have lots of parts for it in storage ready to go on/in storage

image0.jpeg

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
That would be my FJ40!...I know toyota and jeep, what can I say, I am not biased between the two. The gladiator does make it feel so small in comparison! The fj is still a work in progress also. I hope to give it some love this spring. have lots of parts for it in storage ready to go on/in storage

image0.jpeg
that is slick! very good condition too... is it US processed FJ or did you get it shipped from abroad?

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
"Towing with Mopar Lift with 35s" would make a good thread.
Right on. For those of us that tow but still want a somewhat more aggressive ride than stock, the 2 inch Mopar lift with 35s looks like a sweet spot.

I'm still stock and will stay there until the tires wear out, but the main problem I've had is the same as when I had the JK: finding an aggressive (probably mud terrain) tire in 35 with a "C" load range rating. I tried D tires on the JK and found them uncomfortably stiff. I can't do E - save that for heavy duty.

Keller

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was quoted 10 Hours for install by my local dealer today. Does this sound accurate?

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I was quoted 10 Hours for install by my local dealer today. Does this sound accurate?
I think it sounds high. But I'm guessing they're saying two techs. 5 hours each. Still seems high imo.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Should take them no more than 4 hours on a lift with pneumatic tools. Would take me at the most 5 hours with hand tools, floor Jack, and Jack stands.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
My dealer in Atlanta charged me $2,750 for the Mopar lift installed. I felt that was high, but had no option given my schedule at the time. This was the week before Christmas and I was away until the week after Christmas.

My bigger issue is that I was very clear that I wanted the crate and all my parts returned (My Rubi had 10 miles on it when purchased). When I picked it up, they returned nothing. When I pressed them, they said they threw it all away! They promised to make it right, but have made no effort to date. I will not let it go. This is Palmer in Roswell if it matters.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
HA sounds about accurate for a stealership. That doesn't mean it's right though. I can do it with basic hand tools, on my cold cement floor overestimating 2 hours per corner. So if I can do it that way in 8 hours, i would expect a professional shop with the right tools and a lift to be able to complete it at least an hour or two quicker than my time frame. So i'd say they are over by roughly 4 hours. They probably charge an arm and a leg per hour too.

I'd suggest joining some local clubs if you haven't already. I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction to a garage that specializes in Jeeps or customer 4x4's in general. They will always be more honest and I'd have full confidence the job gets done right. I've been to two local dealerships now that don't even know how to torque bolts to spec. (Face-Palm) lol. Good luck!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
My dealer in Atlanta charged me $2,750 for the Mopar lift installed. I felt that was high, but had no option given my schedule at the time. This was the week before Christmas and I was away until the week after Christmas.

My bigger issue is that I was very clear that I wanted the crate and all my parts returned (My Rubi had 10 miles on it when purchased). When I picked it up, they returned nothing. When I pressed them, they said they threw it all away! They promised to make it right, but have made no effort to date. I will not let it go. This is Palmer in Roswell if it matters.
With all due respect, your installing dealership ripped you off in more ways than one. They have probably sold your Rubicon take offs and crate to someone else by now. Pretty disgusting. And dealerships don't know why they get such a bad reputation.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
With all due respect, your installing dealership ripped you off in more ways than one. They have probably sold your Rubicon take offs and crate to someone else by now. Pretty disgusting. And dealerships don't know why they get such a bad reputation.
Hey, I completely agree. On things like this I'm a dog with a bone. The dealer GM finally returned my call this morning and said they would install a Mopar lift on a JTR in stock and give me the new parts. I won't hold my breath, but its a start. Now, I need to find all the JTR springs, shocks, and control arm part numbers to ensure the parts came off of a Rubi.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Here is the quote from my dealership.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 12.15.15 PM.png
Sponsored