Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I was at the beach today and saw about eight Gladiators, all red, white, and black. I have only ever seen one other Gobi in the wild.
Sponsored

Biscodave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gator bone stock
My condolences to the guys who wanted to order a Gobi, but the selfish part of me is happy if this is true. I like having a unique color.
This 100% !!!
Jeep has been doing this since the TJ’s...... I’m ok with it because it makes those colors stand out and turn more heads. But my opinion is a guy that owned Rescue Green and wants a Bikini Pearl Jeep lol

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Talked to th dealer on Friday about ordering a Gobi, told him I'd place it on Monday. Called today and got it ordered. They called back 45 minutes later and said no more Gobi :(

Now do I order a Hydro, or wait for 2021s? Dealer isn't sure if they'll offer 8% off invoice of 2021s.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Ah hell. I guess I'm waiting until 2021. Punk'n was my first choice. Gator was my second. Gobi was my third.

Only reason I missed out on Punk'n is because I was waiting for the brake controller. Now it seems like they just don't want me in a JT. I hope they have the brake controller out for next year but I don't know that I'll wait on it this time if they have a color I like.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Talked to th dealer on Friday about ordering a Gobi, told him I'd place it on Monday. Called today and got it ordered. They called back 45 minutes later and said no more Gobi :(

Now do I order a Hydro, or wait for 2021s? Dealer isn't sure if they'll offer 8% off invoice of 2021s.
I would wait for 2021 because the bugs will be worked out and more add ons. Plus they will have diesel! If you don’t mind the drive I’m pretty sure Koons in Virgina always offers 8% below invoice but don’t quote me on that.

Sponsored

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
Before I'd buy a Bronco I'd buy a EcoDiesel Jeep Wrangler JL or wait for them to make it available in the JT. With 442 ft lbs of torque I'm sure the towing capacity will increase in the JT with the longer wheel base, and that torque will be nice, plus let's see how well a Bronco holds it's value compared to a Jeep JL or JT
Towing capacity won't increase with the venue of the diesel in the JT. To the contrary. It was clearly stated a while back in the announcement FCA made. This is due to heat generated by the powertain and airflow issues. Towing capacity will be limited at 6000lbs or even below. If you want to tow, better stick w/Sport S MKax Tow then...

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Towing capacity won't increase with the venue of the diesel in the JT. To the contrary. It was clearly stated a while back in the announcement FCA made. This is due to heat generated by the powertain and airflow issues. Towing capacity will be limited at 6000lbs or even below. If you want to tow, better stick w/Sport S MKax Tow then...
Already got a Max Tow so I'm good, I was just saying that other than a Max Tow version the EcoDiesel would tow more than the Bronco I would think with it having a longer wheel base and more Torque

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I would wait for 2021 because the bugs will be worked out and more add ons. Plus they will have diesel! If you don’t mind the drive I’m pretty sure Koons in Virgina always offers 8% below invoice but don’t quote me on that.

Don't mind the drive. Current plan is a 1200 mile return drive. I personally have no interest in the diesel. Koons told me 7% when I spoke with them though.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I posted some links in the Gator Gone thread, but as a previous poster said, the mid-season color phase-out is a common Jeep Wrangler (and now Glad) practice. It's also so the dealers can flush out their "non-standard" colors easier as the 2021s will roll out by Fall.

I'll definitely agree that it adds a degree of frustration as my dealer had to acquire my Gator from Arizona (I got mine 04/17/20)...

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Don't mind the drive. Current plan is a 1200 mile return drive. I personally have no interest in the diesel. Koons told me 7% when I spoke with them though.
Did you talk to Craig Benner at Koons? His email is [email protected]. As of April 10, which is the day I bought mine, they were doing 8% on all Gladiators and 8.5% if you have a Tread Lightly membership active for at least 30 days.

Sponsored

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
Already got a Max Tow so I'm good, I was just saying that other than a Max Tow version the EcoDiesel would tow more than the Bronco I would think with it having a longer wheel base and more Torque
Agreed, but can't compare the Glad against the Bronco - fit more against the Ranger... and the Bronco against the Wrangler. Pretty sure the Bronco will be able to tow more than 3500lbs like the JL.

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Did you talk to Craig Benner at Koons? His email is [email protected]. As of April 10, which is the day I bought mine, they were doing 8% on all Gladiators and 8.5% if you have a Tread Lightly membership active for at least 30 days.
I did. His email said " So if you are looking for the Group Discount of 6% (7% with Tread Lightly/Affiliate), under invoice, it would have to be a factory order . " Since he mentioned 7% in that email, I wanted to clarify since I saw 8.5% on here. His response was "Again, as mentioned we are doing 6% under invoice (7% with Tread Lightly/Affiliate). "

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Wow, I guess they changed it up. I would have bought from Tri-City in N.C. if that had been the case two months ago.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU